Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.
One thing that's an issue here in NJ deer season is that we have limited public lands and many people like stands, quite a few like to drive deer and a few of us like me prefer still hunting/stalking (the lowest percentage but most rewarding in my opinion). All those are pretty incompatible with each other when people are hunting the same area. We've had some luckily not too serious conflicts when people drive in areas or into areas where someone else has set up in a stand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.

Ophidian posted:

There are also local ordinances that don’t allow for ground hunting (such as the town I hunt). 6’ of elevation for your stand or more due to population/dwelling density.
I hadn't even realized that since my areas don't have those restrictions though they do have some areas that are only archery.

One additional note, I have no statistics to back me up but driving seems to result in more accidents and close calls in the east coast that any other type of hunting out there. Chasing deer into a firing line requires good communication and discipline which are not always there.