Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
Don't think coz I'm iced out,
I'm cooled off.
Great OP! :denmark: hunter here, and if anyone wants to chat about hunting from layout boats, that's also my jam :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
I'm cooled off.
Today was a good day in my stalking boat (sneak boat?). For the uninitiated, it's a low, light boat with a screen in front of the cockpit, where you lay down and use short, hand-crafted poles (shallow water) and small paddles (deeper water) to sloooowly stalk within shooting distance of ducks and geese on the water. I took it up last year and have just started to feel like I'm starting to do some of the things right, so this is a great success! [Borat voice]

Anyway, here's a pic from my lunch break. Way off in the distance is a big flock of wigeons that I just bumped by approaching too quickly and I'm waiting for them to settle down while having a bite.

And the end result of 2 hours of fun, frustration and sore shoulders:

You will notice that there is not a wigeon there - turns out they totally had my number and after 3 attempts I aborted mission and slunk off.

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
I'm cooled off.
I just want to say that my wife has gotten on board the "let's get a dog" programme run by myself and the kids, so we're getting a retreiver from a reputable breeder in our town later this year. Hell yeah :woop:

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
I'm cooled off.
My kids helped skin and process their first deer (and plucked many a duck) before Disney impacted their lives, thankfully. They've seen Bambi but know it's not a documentary.

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
I'm cooled off.

Ophidian posted:

A Jane Doe will fit into a 2013 Hyundai Elantra trunk no problem.

ftfy