Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I've been idly interested in hang gliding since I was five and could watch them from my backyard in new mexico.

I already do motorcycling though and picking up additional dangerous sports feels like tempting fate. And I don't live anywhere good for it right now anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

FBS posted:

I've been idly interested in hang gliding since I was five and could watch them from my backyard in new mexico.

I already do motorcycling though and picking up additional dangerous sports feels like tempting fate. And I don't live anywhere good for it right now anyway.

That was kind of my attitude too, I have a couple bikes I take to the track sometimes and ride up in the twisties around here. But also flying is crazy fun so I couldn't resist.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

mad.radhu posted:

That was kind of my attitude too, I have a couple bikes I take to the track sometimes and ride up in the twisties around here. But also flying is crazy fun so I couldn't resist.

Sounds like you need to get a bitchin' headband and combine your two hobbies.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

good lord

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD

if I ever need a way to go out, i'll remember this

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

This is a really good video that is making the rounds demonstrating ground handling: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzWeD01lhwI

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

hi I made a small video about soaring out on the coast, I hope you enjoy it but if you don't I apologize in advance

https://youtu.be/s2LKuSNzryw

froward
Jun 2, 2014

catch me on the IRC, dogg

we must become the pitiless censors of ourselves

FISHFRIEND

this seems very cool but also incredibly dangerous

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

I did a shake down cruise with my pulk just now, and someone asked "is that your kite?" No but I guess I look the part of a kite skier, so half way there I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

froward posted:

this seems very cool but also incredibly dangerous

Injury rates actually aren't as high as you'd think, last I saw I think it was roughly comparable to motorcycling - but in the same way, it's sort of how dangerous you make it. Flying a very high performance wing and doing acrobatics is much less dangerous than soaring around on the coast on a training wing.