Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owlkill
Jul 1, 2009
Thought I'd share a few shots I've taken recently having picked up a secondhand bridge camera, mostly for ID-ing purposes. Just moved somewhere that actually has outdoor space and my home office is perfect for taking ad hoc snaps of our feeders.

Mostly we get tits of various sorts, blackbirds and robins at the feeders, but there's a couple of blackcaps that visit too.

The Marty Feldman of the bird world

Blackborb

I'd always thought Dunnocks were quite shy but they seem to be some of the noisiest singers and boldest posers I encounter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlkill
Jul 1, 2009

My PIN is 4826 posted:

Hello, I have European Robins nesting in the garden this spring :3:

(zoom for discreet spying bird)

Nice! I've just put up a box in the hopes of luring robins to nest but I'm not holding out hope as next door have just got a very barky puppy.

I love the little head poking up- what an uncharacteristically shy robin.

Owlkill
Jul 1, 2009

H110Hawk posted:

We've been adding new bird feeders to attempt to increase diversity in our yard. Previously we just had a nijer seed feeder for the gold finches. Now we seemingly have more and more elaborate ways of feeding gold finches.

I had a similar experience but with blackbirds and woodpigeons. I was chasing the woodpigeons off, there only seems to be one that's still persisting and at this point with the acrobatics its doing to get at the food I'm inclined to just let it have its way.

Picture tax: went to an owl sanctuary, owls are intense.