Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

i can hear three or four great horned owls having some kind of gently caress/fight party in the trees outside right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

you could try chili powder. might make the water foul faster but birds cant taste capsaicin

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Fitzy Fitz posted:

There's a wren nesting in my mailbox and it's clear she thinks we're the ones imposing

well knock it off then. leave her alone.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

4 parts water to 1 part sugar, definitely no food coloring, replace every few days, and clean with water and occasionally dilute vinegar, never soap.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

my cat is norris posted:

I buy some super hot chili oil from Amazon and blend it with my seed. It's made for that purpose and is generally cheaper than buying the pre-made spicy stuff. Neither the squirrels nor the deer eat my bird seed anymore, though the squirrels still get to share the deer feeder block and the suet.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003XR9QWA?ref_=cm_sw_r_apann_dp_F4VHYPWRXK65ZVKMYGXK

the art on the bottle is delightful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

My PIN is 4826 posted:

My blue tits hatched today :3:

Hoping they'll stick around in my garden like last year so I get to see them before they're off

an excellent parent with its idiots :kimchi: