Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Finger Prince posted:

Bald Eagles are dirty trash birds. Beautiful, powerful, majestic dirty trash birds. A true symbol of America.

It is astonishingly fitting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

YggiDee posted:

All songbirds have the same amount of bastard in them so the smaller they are the more concentrated it is. It's also why wrens are so loud.

A few days ago I watched two crows harass a pair of Bald Eagles out of a tree, and then out of the area entirely. Bird anger is inversely proportional to size.

Except cassowaries, they’re just movie velociraptors.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Ahhhh, trashbirds.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

I believe that where it’s possible to sex the bird prior to banding, males are banded on the right leg, and females on the left. More complex studies might have multiple bands on multiple legs, with colors to indicate different things.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Psycho Society posted:

Is it easy to make a baffle that will keep squirrels off a bird feeder or should I buy one?

SquirrelBuster; Accept no substitute. Our squirrels don’t even attempt the squirrel buster anymore.

Also, feed the squirrels too. :v: