Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Buteo
Dec 27, 2017

what?
Hi, I used to look at birds professionally as a field technician and now mostly look at them recreationally. It's an awesome hobby in that you can just hang out near your house and watch friendly robins do their thing or spend thousands of dollars traveling to other continents to see cool poo poo with eccentric/loaded retirees.

Weird marshbrids (Least Bittern here) are still my fave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Buteo
Dec 27, 2017

what?
My money would be on a young Bald Eagle for sure; they're big bullies and the visual description fits. I've seen Osprey harass herons near their nest but I don't think they steal from anyone but fishermen.

Shorebirds are starting to migrate in my area so I went out to the marsh this morning to get frustrated over ID. I also saw this doofus imitating some reeds: