Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

Some great bird pics in this thread!

Does anyone here use one of those cheap monocular/scope add-ons for their smart phones for bird pictures? I've been thinking about getting one to play around with. Right now I have a vortex monocular thats great for site seeing when backpacking but hard to get lined up with my phone for a picture.

Disappointed this year as I got zero Scarlet Tanagers earlier in the summer at my orange feeder. Last year it seemed like I had one every day. Overall it's been an odd year for me at my feeder. I feel like there is less activity, maybe due to the high heat, and I got invaded by grackles emptying the feeder every day for about 3 weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

Anyone have advice on how to "starling proof" a feeder?

I have one in our side yard, and while the starlings are cool to look at, they literally empty my feeder and a whole suet in one day and scare off all of the other birds.