Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will you finally win this league this year?
This poll is closed.
Yes, but I've already won it before so :smug: 5 33.33%
Yes, this is my year of destiny. 2 13.33%
No, I plan on losing horribly and making terrible choices as usual. 6 40.00%
There will be no NFL this year so this is all pointless. 2 13.33%
Total: 15 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

EconDad posted:

I honestly can’t even believe it. Thanks. I really felt it was Boudin’s year though. Dominant record through the regular season. Joe Montana division is a tough one. Glad to be a part of it.

If you lose you’re out of Montana and go to Marino. No pressure.

Seriously, good luck and do Montana proud!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Wait, am I in the championship?

Really?

How could you guys let this happen you should be ashamed of yourselves.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

jabro posted:

If you lose you’re out of Montana and go to Marino. No pressure.

Seriously, good luck and do Montana proud!

out of the Montana and into the Marino. The final transformation when one becomes a real boy.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Quiet Feet posted:

Wait, am I in the championship?

Really?

How could you guys let this happen you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Protip: bring back Jake Luton and start him against me in the championship. Real players always start Luton.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Montana is and always will be the best division. Other divisions are lame!

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Silly Burrito posted:

Barring a miracle from Hunt and Big Ben, I think you've got this, EconDad. Represent Montana well. :tipshat:

Man, and I was going to give you poo poo for not trading for Lamar and his 35 points a few weeks back. But Tannehill would have still dunked on you.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

darkwolf220 posted:

Man, and I was going to give you poo poo for not trading for Lamar and his 35 points a few weeks back. But Tannehill would have still dunked on you.

Yeah, when all of your players don't do poo poo and the other QB has 5 touchdowns, not a whole lot you can do. It sucks, but not completely unexpected. :shrug:

I got killed in another league because Jalen Hurts had 41 points and Lamar had 35. Jalen friggin Hurts knocked me out.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Jalen friggin Hurts knocked me out.

And how does that feel? Is there a word you could possibly use to describe the discomfort of that situation? It could be any word. Any word at all! Like "Hey thats stings!" Or "I tell you it smarts!"

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Quiet Feet posted:

And how does that feel? Is there a word you could possibly use to describe the discomfort of that situation? It could be any word. Any word at all! Like "Hey thats stings!" Or "I tell you it smarts!"

i will just sit here and sulk quietly

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

He has not been very quiet, fyi.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Silly Burrito posted:

Yeah, when all of your players don't do poo poo and the other QB has 5 touchdowns, not a whole lot you can do. It sucks, but not completely unexpected. :shrug:

I got killed in another league because Jalen Hurts had 41 points and Lamar had 35. Jalen friggin Hurts knocked me out.

I felt that the one main way I could beat you this week is if your players collectively decided to fail, especially Adams, Robinson, and Davis. Then Tannehill swagged me out as well. Never fear -- he'll put up his worst score of the year this coming week against the "very feared" Green Bay defense.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
Time to rev up ULTIMATE POWER, one more time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZHdpvgnZWI

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Ok while it was a bit of a dropoff from my rookie season (though the only place to go from first is down), I’m still not sure how QB-less Team Autodraft managed to do 2.5 games better than my other, properly drafted Goon team.

Hoping I can win out in the Consolation bracket so I can at least say I have still never lost in postseason play....

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

EconDad posted:

I felt that the one main way I could beat you this week is if your players collectively decided to fail, especially Adams, Robinson, and Davis. Then Tannehill swagged me out as well.

Your plan worked to perfection. :discourse:

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
Quiet Feet with the “do a lot of waivers as a smokescreen” and me with the “will he forget to pick up a kicker?”

Two championship game strategies from the very beginnings of western civilization. Rare to see both employed at once. Poetry in motion.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Hey now at least 50% of those moves are anxiety over my last flex slot. :colbert:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Lock posted:

Ok while it was a bit of a dropoff from my rookie season (though the only place to go from first is down), I’m still not sure how QB-less Team Autodraft managed to do 2.5 games better than my other, properly drafted Goon team.

Hoping I can win out in the Consolation bracket so I can at least say I have still never lost in postseason play....

i got starts from joe flacco and jalen hurts in garbage time with a few other pickups, fitz getting demoted only screwed me for like 2-3 games.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Wait did you autodraft too? I was talking about my trainwreck, sorry!

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
Well that was a nice championship matchup while it lasted for 10 minutes of the Friday game. Whew

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Yeah my team features Kamara, ...?, ???, and Garbage McTrash. You're depth is way better and you're still in this.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Quiet Feet posted:

Yeah my team features Kamara, ...?, ???, and Garbage McTrash. You're depth is way better and you're still in this.

If Kamara puts up 40 it’s going to be hard to come back from.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
Yeah... you’re going to win this. Three touchdowns in the first half.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Montanas never say die!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

EconDad posted:

Yeah... you’re going to win this. Three touchdowns in the first half.

jabro posted:

Montanas never say die!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I have lost so many games I was projected to win this year and have zero faith. Fantasy football is a game of misery and despair. Hope is not a supported feature.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Oh jesus...

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
Yeah. That’s that. Unreal.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

jabro posted:

Montanas never say die!

Thanks for the support, fellow Montanas, but I do believe this one will be too much of a hill to climb. Had a great run this year, better than I thought I’d have. I’ll try to get here again next year, but it’s a competitive division. Have had a really enjoyable year.

Not over yet. But very likely is.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Whoops

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Oh my god

Oh my loving god

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Quiet Feet posted:

Oh my god

Oh my loving god

Kamara is just balling out today.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
This isn’t even a thing that happens. Less than 20 times in the history of the NFL does a non-quarterback have five or more touchdowns.

An excellent seasonal run, beaten by one player in the end. Well, at least I don’t have to worry about how my team does during the next few days.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Welp

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Gatdamn QF you better go buy a lottery ticket tonight.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Quiet Feet posted:

Oh my god

Oh my loving god

:allbuttons:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

54.7 points for a RB. I don't know if I've ever seen that before in our league.

https://twitter.com/MatthewBerryTMR/status/1342633713746784257?s=19

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Dec 26, 2020

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
Third time in NFL history a non-QB got 6 TDs. That'll seal it. 6th one was basically garbage time, just for fun as well.

Only other more painful thing I can recall is losing in week 15 to Todd Gurley all by himself in 2017. I think this one is actually worse.

So close!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

EconDad posted:

Third time in NFL history a non-QB got 6 TDs. That'll seal it. 6th one was basically garbage time, just for fun as well.

Only other more painful thing I can recall is losing in week 15 to Todd Gurley all by himself in 2017. I think this one is actually worse.

So close!

The only thing more painful is if you have a RB score 55 points and then you collapse and lose.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Unless I misheard I think they said during the broadcast that the last time an RB got 6 rushing TDs was 1920? So this is a record that hasn't been touched for a century.

Eltoasto posted:

The only thing more painful is if you have a RB score 55 points and then you collapse and lose.

That would be fitting for my FF year everywhere else!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Eltoasto posted:

I wouldn't mind this particular outcome.