Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

SoR Blaze posted:

After having made the pilgrimage to Joshua Tree 3-4 times a year for the past 5 years, my wife and I moved to Yucca Valley to be close to the park. We've lived here for about a year and just now closed on our first house here in YV. I get to catch beautiful sunsets year round, and check out the wildlife all over town (mostly quail, coyotes, cactus wrens, red tailed hawks, great horned owls, kangaroo rats, antelope squirrels, and a metric ton of common ground squirrels). Also Black Rock campground is accessible directly through YV so I can make a quick 5 minute drive to enjoy the fire pits at night.

I'm constantly astounded by the natural beauty here, and I'm so glad we're living here permanently. Of course, the tourists from Los Angeles are really annoying about not wearing their masks and I feel like I see one climbing a Joshua Tree every time I go in the park. I love this place and was once also a tourist (but not an rear end in a top hat who climbs the trees!), but I can definitely see why outsiders are seen as such a nuisance here.

I love Joshua Tree and the high desert. I've never seen night skies as bright and clear as I have out there. There is something about the ruggedness and danger that comes from being in such a harsh place. At first glance you might think that nothing lives out there but when you look closer you see how everything is adapted to survive in the sweltering heat and with so little rain.

However, I also lived in Yucca Valley for 7 years and some of the desert folks in San Bernardino county are something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU