Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I like fishing and am glad there is a spot to post about fishing.

It’s addictive and very easy to get sucked down the rabbit hole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I was under the impression that catfish always hooked themselves because everyone used circle hooks for them. I wouldn’t have thought sensitivity mattered since you just wait for them to run.

Love the passion. I thought I had the same model you’re talking about but mine is the two piece spinning version. USSPCAT702MH

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Easychair Bootson posted:

Yeah something like this or this (both in the 3" size) for the popper, and along these lines for the walker, although I haven't fished that particular one. I'm sure snap swivels would work fine, but I just tie straight to the line tie. I fish these with mono line on a medium power rod.

I’ve had great success with the Rapala UL pop too. Silver/blue is a fish getter.

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Rapala_Ultra_Light_Pop_Popper/descpage-RULP.html

I’ve never tried top water on a snap swivel. I also just tie directly on.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

prom candy posted:

That could be it, we're pretty far north and have a lot of dinky smallmouth in the lake. I guess I need to add some kind of tiny topwater lure to my repertoire, I'd rather catch the small guys than nothing. Gotta respect their chutzpah going after the big lures though.

I’ve had great success with the rapala mini pop r. Bluegill will eat it too.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Awesome trip report.