Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I want to get some sort of support so I can hang a hammock without trees if I go camping on my motorcycle. It would need to be compact enough to fit in a backpack or saddlebags. Something like this Tensa Solo set up seems like what I'm imagining, but $90 for one pole feels really steep. Any of you have better suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Hadlock posted:

More good ideas

Thanks, I had a feeling that what I wanted didn't exist without spending a lot based on how few Google results there were. On the bike, my concern was more space than weight. But I don't do that much camping, so I'll probably just go with the ground idea Clayton said. I really just wanted a contingency for if I get to a more "improved" campsite that doesn't have trees right around it.