Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Votecount for Day 8

Not Voting (3): b-minus1, sandnavyguy, Somberbrero

There are 3 alive. Hammer is when all outstanding votes not presently on the top two cannot change the top two. There is currently no deadline set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Thanks blue, you lot are a class act.

##vote somber

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
##vote b

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

##Vote somber

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 8

Somberbrero (2): Somberbrero, sandnavyguy
b-minus1 (1): b-minus1

Not Voting (0):

There are 3 alive. Hammer is when all outstanding votes not presently on the top two cannot change the top two. There is currently no deadline set.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

b-minus1, Blue Paper, has been executed!

Somberbrero and sandnavyguy win as Team Scissors!

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

My main comment on the game is that I kept hoping people would realize that they are really on three teams. The third team being your mutual draw team. I think good play in this game would be trying to first get the people that can kill you out of the game, and one person on your color and role teams can kill you, but no one on your mutual draw team can. So trying to get towards a mutual draw team victory is probably a good idea, but that's also the one team you aren't in a masonry with, so then you need to actually post in the thread.

I think hambeet and Somber were positioned in the best place to win as a team towards the end, but even though they both realized they could win together, they never viewed each other as teammates.

On the final day, I think b-minus1 should have voted for sng, because then sng could have hammered for sng vs Somber, leading to a b-minus1 and sng victory.

I think maybe this could be fun to rerun without masonries at some point, and making the third team more explicit. I liked the masonries setup because it gave people a venue to openly backstab one team to the other, and I don't know how some of that would work without out of thread communication. But I was disappointed at the lack of thread posting, because I thought there were reasons to talk to people you didn't have a masonry with, like your third team.

Anyway, thanks for playing my game.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Thanks for the game sub rosa. It’s a bummer that there was so much lurking early in the game but I really liked the setup.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I didn't want to betray Sandguy ✌️

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

cant believe i didnt check my math smh

thanks for the game!!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Thanks for the game sub rosa. I like the concept.

I realised earlier I could win with somber, however the vote deadlock would still stop it from happening. With four players left, as soon as moves are made to get rid of any one of those players they could lock the vote down preventing the other three from advancing. Even if I wanted to backstab binus, which I didn’t, he could tie that second vote and stop it from happening.

I suppose the mafia could break that tie, and I assumed that was their purpose, but they didn’t?

So just the end game needs to be tightened up I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Also I think you need the masonries, but maybe they can be locked during the day and are only open for a short night phase? That might force more thread participation?