Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MW
May 20, 2001

"Nooooooooo!?"
Had a delicious dinner with family, ran 12k afterwards here around our country house in the Stockholm archipelago. Awesome views, great weather, 0 snakes (today). Running is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MW
May 20, 2001

"Nooooooooo!?"

Party Boat posted:

Did a 15 mile long run yesterday. I've been using https://www.plotaroute.com/ to check out some of the paths around me, in my area at least (northern England) it's really comprehensive so I've been able to put together some really nice long runs that I can do from my doorstep but involve minimal road crossing.

I’m trying to work up my stamina / cardio to be able to push more easily past a half marathon but it’s slow. I can do 10k easily, 20k with some effort but past that I simply find myself without energy to continue. Would love to run a marathon some day.

MW
May 20, 2001

"Nooooooooo!?"
I suppose one part of it is that you need to bring running supplements, but to me that changes running from something I like to do to clear my head and keep in shape into something serious that requires planning, possibly a proper training program etc.

MW
May 20, 2001

"Nooooooooo!?"

betterinsodapop posted:

Man, you folks are doing some quality running. My fat rear end just throws the sneakers on and barely ekes out 2 miles (~3.2km.) :smith:

You have to start somewhere! I started running a few years ago and couldn't even finish a 4 km route.

MW
May 20, 2001

"Nooooooooo!?"
I’d say that the best surface is “varied terrain” (sorry, not sure of the proper translation) when you run on trails, dirt roads, between roots and across whatever you come along. More fun and removes the monotonous experience of running on straight perfect paved roads.

MW
May 20, 2001

"Nooooooooo!?"
I usually run 20-40 km per week but lately I’ve been getting trouble with one knee as well as one groin that forces me to rest 2-3 days after each run, very frustrating. Probably need to work on my food intake too, my mindset has always been to eat whatever and compensate by running but even when averaging 40 km / week for 2 months I have an awful beer gut, and I don’t even drink alcohol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MW
May 20, 2001

"Nooooooooo!?"
Did my first 20k for the year yesterday, on asphalt at about 30C so it was rather painful. However my family was waiting for me at the end with lunch ready so it was worth it.