Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3
Ran Fri and Sat. Was just nice to be out in the sun, saw some birds: robins, orioles, and blue jays. (If only I'd seen a cardinal, would've seen the MLB bird trifecta.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

Man, you folks are doing some quality running. My fat rear end just throws the sneakers on and barely ekes out 2 miles (~3.2km.) :smith:

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

Thanks y'all.
I'm hoping to do a little run today, but the heat 95F/35C means I will prob wait until the sun goes down. The heat has been ludicrous here.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

MW posted:

I’d say that the best surface is “varied terrain” (sorry, not sure of the proper translation) when you run on trails, dirt roads, between roots and across whatever you come along. More fun and removes the monotonous experience of running on straight perfect paved roads.
I'm terrified I'll slip on a stick, trip on some obstruction, and get really hurt. I'm old now, and I definitely do NOT recover as quickly from my injuries as I did even just a few years ago.

Anyway, busted out 2 very slow miles this morning. Just trying to keep getting out there and be consistent. I know the mileage and speed will eventually come.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

Famine Poodle posted:

Just finished couch to 5k last week! Feels great to be able to just go run for half an hour whenever I feel like it!
Congrats!!! That is a great accomplishment! :)

No running for me today: 100F/37C outside. I can't handle that.