Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
game is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt
looks like a frame from xavier renegade angel

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Looks like Ancient Japanese Fail Cry. I’m out.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Ghost of Pooshitma

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Looks like Ancient Japanese Fail Cry. I’m out.

this

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sex Tragedy posted:

looks like a frame from xavier renegade angel

Lol

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

This game’s cursed because it actually is really good but you can only tell by getting your hands on it since footage makes it look exactly like Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
Just got the third stance and spear guys are chumps now

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

This game’s cursed because it actually is really good but you can only tell by getting your hands on it since footage makes it look exactly like Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood

i'd say it's probably about exactly as good as brotherhood, which is fine. I can play one game like this every year or two, and it looks like this is the one.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

goferchan posted:

i'd say it's probably about exactly as good as brotherhood, which is fine. I can play one game like this every year or two, and it looks like this is the one.

frankly ubisoft should be getting more praise for putting out multiple games of this quality every single year

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

If anything , we should play tom clancys badlands for 3000 hours. Its juat that good

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
i never played an rear end creed until i got odyssey on sale for cheap and it was fine. 7/10 GOTY. cant imagine paying 60 whole dollars on it and play it again every year but with vikings instead though

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

frankly ubisoft should be getting more praise for putting out multiple games of this quality every single year

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Low energy American studio takes 5 years to make weeb game. Based French perverts pump out hit after hit.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Low energy American studio takes 5 years to make weeb game. Based French perverts pump out hit after hit.

if sony told ubisoft to make a japan game youd get a ninja assassins creed, a near future tokyo watchdogs, and a farcry where you take over korea all in the same year

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

elf help book posted:

if sony told ubisoft to make a japan game youd get a ninja assassins creed, a near future tokyo watchdogs, and a farcry where you take over korea all in the same year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOPlK10Rcdk

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

elf help book posted:

they know what the people want, and hell, they deliver

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

goferchan posted:

Yeah I played AC Odyssey last year and it was Fine as a sort of brainless wandering game, then I tried to play a Far Cry recently and it was the most depressingly soulless thing I've ever played and makes me genuinely tired to think about.

I'm getting a PS4 soon so I'll pick up some exclusive in this vein and probably have a good time but I get the impression there are better ones than this

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Yeah I played AC Odyssey last year and it was Fine as a sort of brainless wandering game, then I tried to play a Far Cry recently and it was the most depressingly soulless thing I've ever played and makes me genuinely tired to think about.

I'm getting a PS4 soon so I'll pick up some exclusive in this vein and probably have a good time but I get the impression there are better ones than this

i played odyssey and it was the first and only rear end creed game ive played. it was good but never beat it and this game is much better than it and does basically everything it did but better. its the best open world type game ive played though will admit i dont generally care for them much these days

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
think also a lot of people are missing out on a key feature of the game too: you can be a samurai. badass.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

apropos to nothing posted:

think also a lot of people are missing out on a key feature of the game too: you can be a samurai. badass.

:hai:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

for what it's worth, I'm liking it more and more as I go on. The game is more generous with introducing new enemies than I expected, and there's some cool side quests with unique one off mechanics. It's still pretty easy even on the hardest mode, thanks to how overpowered a lot of tools you get are, but that also makes combat really fun.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

goferchan posted:

for what it's worth, I'm liking it more and more as I go on. The game is more generous with introducing new enemies than I expected, and there's some cool side quests with unique one off mechanics. It's still pretty easy even on the hardest mode, thanks to how overpowered a lot of tools you get are, but that also makes combat really fun.

the best thing is how user friendly it is. like if you call the horse it always appears immediately behind you. it doesnt come running over the horizon or something like you stand at the edge of the map and look behind you and theres ocean and then call the horse and boom its directly behind you. same with the bamboo forests where most of the trees you just kind of run through instead of getting caught on the geometry of them. just stupid game poo poo like that which is nice, plus the load times and fast travel are instantaneous

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

The lack of load times is wild. Don't really understand how they did it, you can fast travel anywhere and it's like five or six seconds

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

The almost-complete lack of load times when you die is great, you can just gently caress around and experiment in combat without breaking up the flow of the game if the thing you tried didn’t work out

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the mission where you unlock the ghost stance :stare:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

The stances in general are a lot cooler than they seem at first. It's presented as a rock paper scissors thing, but they all give really cool different moves

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
a guy I know who 100% every single Yakuza game said tsushima was his goty

I don't know how it could possibly get to sekiro's level but I guess I'll have to see for myself

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the end of the mission where you break the siege in yarikawa is :stare:

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

apropos to nothing posted:

the end of the mission where you break the siege in yarikawa is :stare:

yarikawa is one of my favorite spots, i love the mossiness. this game is just real pretty in general

this is me irl

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

unfortunately I was like, just far enough in this game when my PS4 broke without any cloud saves that I will probably never want to play it again. Hope you guys have fun till the end though

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

When the game asked if I wanted to play in Kurosawa Mode, I knew I bought the right game

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

herculon posted:

When the game asked if I wanted to play in Kurosawa Mode, I knew I bought the right game
looking forward to the black and white filter in Cyberpunk 2099 being called Fritz Lang Mode, black and white Red Dead Redemption 3 being Leone Mode, etc because self-important signifiers are the epic pop culture references of 2020. gently caress!!!

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Thank you Naughty Dog for bringing Elem Klimov mode to life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

looking forward to the black and white filter in Cyberpunk 2099 being called Fritz Lang Mode, black and white Red Dead Redemption 3 being Leone Mode, etc because self-important signifiers are the epic pop culture references of 2020. gently caress!!!

its funny bc its not like kurosawa loved black and white, he just shot in b&w out of necessity. he made lots of color film!