Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Bob

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.
This is a thread where you can do many things. :coffeepal:

You can serious post about how you painstakingly grow your own beans and then eat and digest them to mimic the popular Kopi Luwak coffee of indonesia prior to roasting, grinding, and ultimately brewing and consuming your coffee.

Maybe you want to extol the virtues of pour over coffee to your less civilized drip coffee drinkers of the forums.

Maybe you just want to make some funny coffee related jokes.

Maybe you just want to nod your head along to these posts as you sip your coffee at your desk. It's all welcome here, even if you need to gross post about how coffee impacts your morning "Routine."

I'm a french press yobber, I like to drink coffee black, but most of the time these days I go with a little sugar and half and half.

Evil Bob fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jul 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Evil Bob posted:

:coffeepal:
I'm a french press yobber, I like to drink coffee black, but most of the time these days I go with a little sugar and half and half.

:same:

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

xcheopis

I was fairly poor when I first started drinking coffee and didn't want to use up milk or sugar, so I grimly set myself to only drinking black coffee. These days, even mochas are too sweet for me most of the time, so obviously that was a great success.

No fancy tools, just a 4-cup drip coffeemaker because I don't want to wait around for my caffeine.

Fun fact: I'm down to one 4-cup (about one large travel mug's worth) from two or more full pots a day.

With a gun for a lover and a shot for the pain inside

more falafel please

forums poster

black, french press, either hot or cold brewed over ice

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Evil Bob

xcheopis posted:

I was fairly poor when I first started drinking coffee and didn't want to use up milk or sugar, so I grimly set myself to only drinking black coffee. These days, even mochas are too sweet for me most of the time, so obviously that was a great success.

No fancy tools, just a 4-cup drip coffeemaker because I don't want to wait around for my caffeine.

Fun fact: I'm down to one 4-cup (about one large travel mug's worth) from two or more full pots a day.

Wow that fact IS fun. Way to wrangle your caffeine consumption, do you drink coffee on the weekend?

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
op u are not going to like this v much but i avoid all caffeine at all times. it doesn't work well with weed. feels like 2 opposing forces playing tug of war with my brain. furthermore i would argue that while weed is inherently chill, coffee is inherently unchill. it makes u work faster and accomplish things which runs counter to my deliberately nonproductive way of life. also it makes ppl chatty like at a cocaine party which i do NOT care for.

buying a coffee is like buying a dodge ram. ppl will notice u bought it and then you'll be helping them move house and now that's the rest of ur day

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Evil Bob

prepuce repurposed posted:

op u are not going to like this v much but i avoid all caffeine at all times. it doesn't work well with weed. feels like 2 opposing forces playing tug of war with my brain. furthermore i would argue that while weed is inherently chill, coffee is inherently unchill. it makes u work faster and accomplish things which runs counter to my deliberately nonproductive way of life. also it makes ppl chatty like at a cocaine party which i do NOT care for.

buying a coffee is like buying a dodge ram. ppl will notice u bought it and then you'll be helping them move house and now that's the rest of ur day

Thank u for your feedback. I however like to enjoy a joint (or more likely the previous nights half smoked joint) with my coffee on the weekends, if the timing works out. The Ol' stoner speed ball. Often times it puts me in a good state to get crackin on yardwork, or in a good state to sit on the couch and play video games, or maybe to just put a record on and chill while i drink my coffee.

I must disagree with coffee being "inherently unchill." Chattiness is not alone a symptom of being unchill, Cafe's and other sites of coffee consumption are often known for being chill af. Also, i find that often caffeine lowers my attention span and keeps me from getting TOO much done at work all at once so that way people don't know im a complete freakin genius, and instead i just spend the first couple hours of work being alert, but unproductive.

Wow coffee effects us all in different ways, huh?

Areola Grande

i will admit it smells v nice

xcheopis

Evil Bob posted:

Wow that fact IS fun. Way to wrangle your caffeine consumption, do you drink coffee on the weekend?

Yes, and Saturday is the only day I might make an extra half-pot around noon or so. There are also emergency chocolate-covered coffee beans for work because if I drink tea at work then I will be sprinting down the hall to the bathroom all day. Usain Bolt got nothing on a woman who desperately needs to pee!

nut

very carefully

Manifisto

with a small piece of excellent chocolate, as they serve it in europe for some insane but wonderful reason

ty nesamdoom!

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

nut posted:

very carefully

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
orally

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Evil Bob

I'm gonna bump this thread tomorrow when I'm drinkin my coffee, so when you see it tomorrow... you'll know whats up.

Stooge

i take mine with anxiety haha

Stooge

I love coffee but can't handle the jitters so I quit.

Coffee and cream isn't common over here but it was a revelation when I first tried it. Full "eyes wide open and can see the entirety of space and time at once" flavour experience thing.

First time I went to Canada was the first time I flew internationally. Arrived early in the morning and had to struggle through the jetlag all day but I got a double double from Tim Horts that afternoon and it just tasted fantastic.

Had a double double recently and it tasted like rear end, so I guess the first one tasted so good because of the circumstances.

If you're reading my coffee memory whilst enjoying a coffee: hi! :coffeepal:

Areola Grande

Stooge posted:

i take mine with anxiety haha

this is why i quit coffee too fren :hfive:

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
takeya cold brewww

the extra w's are for wow wonderful

Evil Bob

Sometimes coffee triggers my anxiety but sometimes thats a trip i just gotta take.

xcheopis

Coffee-having doesn't trip my anxiety as much as not-coffee-having trips a belligerent headache.

idiotsavant
full of great big dicks (the great describes both size and quality)

idiotsavant
"hey bro, why don't you have some coffee with those dicks" - a thing that is said to me, constantly, in the coffee bar

Evil Bob

So you drink your coffee more for the Great, Big dicks, than for the coffee itself huh? Just make sure those Great, Big dicks are sustainably farmed!

Finger Prince

Stooge posted:

I love coffee but can't handle the jitters so I quit.

Coffee and cream isn't common over here but it was a revelation when I first tried it. Full "eyes wide open and can see the entirety of space and time at once" flavour experience thing.

First time I went to Canada was the first time I flew internationally. Arrived early in the morning and had to struggle through the jetlag all day but I got a double double from Tim Horts that afternoon and it just tasted fantastic.

Had a double double recently and it tasted like rear end, so I guess the first one tasted so good because of the circumstances.

If you're reading my coffee memory whilst enjoying a coffee: hi! :coffeepal:

No, you're not imagining things. Tim Hortons used to be an acceptable, if rough and requiring cream to temper it, caffeine delivery mechanism. These days, pretty much since they merged with Burger King, it is entirely rear end tasting, and the working class coffee of preference is slowly moving over to McDonald's, who is rumored to have taken over Tim Hortons old supplier. I have no data to support this and it is entirely based on Canadian Apocrypha.

I usually make a hand pour-over because the equipment takes up the least amount of space and requires the least amount of cleanup.

Pahilla the Hun

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

i am into coffee i just can't stand the fanbase (this is an old band joke i love you coffee pals never forget)

tbh honest though i forget to drink it most days

this guy knows what i mean

pizzaz plarpin perfect! thanks Tebulot!

Manifisto

I've said it before, but I am a fan of the clever coffee dripper. it combines the benefits of the french press and the pourover. it produces strong coffee like a french press because the grounds are steeped. unlike a french press, the filter gets rid of the mud/sediment. unlike a pourover, you don't have to hover over it to add more water every so often, you just set a timer and let the water filter through into the mug when you're ready.

ty nesamdoom!

Pahilla the Hun

that being said, i have tried making cold brew a few times and it is delightful plus you can do it the night before

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
if i go buy a coffee somewhere, it's always a coffee regular, binch :getin:

if you don't know what a coffee regular is then ur probably not from New England

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

it doesn't work well with weed.

:wrong:

xcheopis

The main issue I have with all these fancy-pants ways of making coffee is that it's been too difficult to train Tanuki to prepare it for me so it's ready when I wake up.

frump truck

hello... again!

i take my coffee like i take my women: i don't

Pahilla the Hun

i take my coffee like i take my suppositories: two fists at a time

xcheopis

I take my coffee like a desperate drug addict: Shoving aside the elderly, unheeding of the cries of distress, in order to obtain that first hot hit of caffeine.

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

black, pourover, freshly ground beans :)

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

Prof. Crocodile

Manifisto posted:

I've said it before, but I am a fan of the clever coffee dripper. it combines the benefits of the french press and the pourover. it produces strong coffee like a french press because the grounds are steeped. unlike a french press, the filter gets rid of the mud/sediment. unlike a pourover, you don't have to hover over it to add more water every so often, you just set a timer and let the water filter through into the mug when you're ready.

:psyboom:

Evil Bob

Wow we are really gaining some traction here folks, and finding the yobbers enjoy their coffee in many different ways!

Finger Prince posted:

No, you're not imagining things. Tim Hortons used to be an acceptable, if rough and requiring cream to temper it, caffeine delivery mechanism. These days, pretty much since they merged with Burger King, it is entirely rear end tasting, and the working class coffee of preference is slowly moving over to McDonald's, who is rumored to have taken over Tim Hortons old supplier. I have no data to support this and it is entirely based on Canadian Apocrypha.

I usually make a hand pour-over because the equipment takes up the least amount of space and requires the least amount of cleanup.

Wow Canadians are smart AND mysterious.

Manifisto posted:

Forum's user Manifisto has done the math and 1+2=coffee time

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

if i go buy a coffee somewhere, it's always a coffee regular, binch :getin:

if you don't know what a coffee regular is then ur probably not from New England

What is a coffee regular? I thought New England was just another fictional place, like "New Vegas" or "New Orleans" some of us just like the originals, right!?

Doctor Dogballs posted:

black, pourover, freshly ground beans :)
Doctor Dogballs is nothing if not incredibly classy.

nut

i will still drink tim hortons coffee but it's medium dark roast and 2 milk and still it's just kinda the ritual of drinking morning brown juice that convinces my brain its still ostensibly coffee

Pahilla the Hun

nut posted:

i will still drink tim hortons coffee but it's medium dark roast and 2 milk and still it's just kinda the ritual of drinking morning brown juice that convinces my brain its still ostensibly coffee

i love timmy’s wish we had ‘em here

nut

Pahilla the Hun posted:

i love timmy’s wish we had ‘em here

heh what where'd he go?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Bob

I went to vancouver and my buddy made me go to tim hortons and get a double double. Not my style but everyone does coffee different