Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robot Made of Meat

Eagerly.

As to the bizarre concept of New England "Regular Coffee," I have a friend who went out there for a few years, and who loved to annoy the waitstaff by ordering coffee. When they asked "Regular?" he'd reply, "Yes. Regular, black coffee!"

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pahilla the Hun

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

i like my coffee like i like my coffee: black

pizzaz plarpin perfect! thanks Tebulot!

very nice i like
i drink coffee black because im chasing the taste I had when I drank a cup at a plantation, knowing what sad bean dust is sold to large scale retailers and that it will never be the same

Stooge

don't talk to me until ive posted "don't talk to me until ive posted" in the coffee thread

idiotsavant
i have my "coffee regular" about twenty minutes after i drink my coffee

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Eagerly.

As to the bizarre concept of New England "Regular Coffee," I have a friend who went out there for a few years, and who loved to annoy the waitstaff by ordering coffee. When they asked "Regular?" he'd reply, "Yes. Regular, black coffee!"

well you see the problem here is that it isn't a "regular coffee", it is a "coffee regular". inverting them is like going to a restaurant and asking for a burger ham

Finger Prince

Regular coffee is coffee with cream and sugar hth

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
In more civilized parts of the country, regular coffee means coffee that hasn't been decaffeinated. If you want cream and/or sugar, you ask for it.

My coffee preferences: black, medium roast, pour over, occasionally with a bit of cream. :coffee:

Finger Prince

Barking Gecko posted:

In more civilized parts of the country, regular coffee means coffee that hasn't been decaffeinated. If you want cream and/or sugar, you ask for it.

My coffee preferences: black, medium roast, pour over, occasionally with a bit of cream. :coffee:

In Canada if you want a decaf with cream and sugar, you'd ask for a regular decaf. Or a decaf regular I guess if you're a backwards New Englander.

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Barking Gecko posted:

this is still true, and hence why "regular coffee" is called "regular coffee" and why a "coffee regular" is called a "coffee regular"

what I think is funny is that in Massachusetts or Maine, every coffee shops knows what a "coffee regular" is. but you get a few miles over the border in New Hampshire? all bets are fuckin off as to what's gonna be in that cup.

also the coffee regular is as follows:

small coffee: 2 cream 2 sugar
medium coffee: 3 cream 3 sugar
large coffee: 4 cream 4 sugar

I think some places like heavenly donuts start at 3 and go to 5 but that's hosed up man that's just too much sugar and cream in your coffee. that's why I'm a dunk man

barnold

what I'm learning is that every geographic area is completely full of poo poo when it comes to coffee nomenclature, including new England. how could this happen

Evil Bob

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.
Just adding this whole "coffee regular" to my list of reasons that the east coast is weird af.

Anyway, got some beans from brazil in my cup this morning. This roast is a little light for my taste but it does come through nice and milk chocolatey especially with a splash of half and half and about a 1/2tsp of white sugar.

Oh, and fresh tobacco on the aftertaste, which sounds like it might be a gross taste descriptor but mmm that is nice

Barking Gecko

Not a coffee thing, but here in the South, the beverage you have to be careful with is iced tea. If you don't want it loaded with sugar, you have to ask for unsweet tea. If you don't sound like you're from around here, most servers will ask if you want sweet or unsweet.

barnold

Barking Gecko posted:

Not a coffee thing, but here in the South, the beverage you have to be careful with is iced tea. If you don't want it loaded with sugar, you have to ask for unsweet tea. If you don't sound like you're from around here, most servers will ask if you want sweet or unsweet.

I made this mistake in Georgia a couple times lol

Pahilla the Hun

Barking Gecko posted:

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

I made this mistake in Georgia a couple times lol

my favorite thing here is to ask for half sweet half unsweet its a perfect balance

e: oh no i'm that guy

Evil Bob

I'll have an iced tea regular thx

Pahilla the Hun

Evil Bob posted:

I'll have an iced tea regular thx

you mean a regular iced tea?

barnold

mods please change my name to Tiny Coffee Regular tia

Evil Bob

Pahilla the Hun posted:

you mean a regular iced tea?

:parrot:

Evil Bob

Another day, another coffee. This time in convenient travel mug form. Having coffee from home and it staying warm forever is nice. But I miss those aromas.

They say aroma accounts for 69% of flavor.

City of Glompton

Barking Gecko posted:

asking for unsweet bimbo, getting dirty looks from the locals

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Evil Bob

City of Glompton posted:

We call that an abnormal bimbo around here

Barking Gecko

City of Glompton posted:

Y'all aren't from around here, are ya?

Joey McChrist

i am terrible with my coffee, i just find the laziest, fastest way to get a palatable cup of brown juice into myself in the morning so i'm not a shambling corpse. i turn on the kettle and make myself an instant coffee and my wife a cup of tea. a sugar and a milk and i'm off to the races

tims used to be my nirvana, then the coffee changed and now i only have it in a pinch.

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
i like my coffee as i like my women

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
cold and bitter

Nosfereefer

i like my coffee as i like my men

Nosfereefer

sugary, but with a touch of cinnamon

Nosfereefer

realpost, i like my coffee w/o sexism

Evil Bob

Joey McChrist posted:

i just find the laziest, fastest way to get a palatable cup of brown juice into myself in the morning so i'm not a shambling corpse.

From 2013 to 2019 m-f coffee was the same for me. I just drank the burnt brown jet fuel that was in the pot at work so i could be a good little productive boy. Saturdays were often my refuge for good coffee, either from a local coffee shop or the french press.

An event took place in early 2019 that kept my wife at home for a few months and she started making coffee for me in the mornings. Now I can never go back. Please don't make me.

Evil Bob

Nosfereefer posted:

realpost, i like my coffee w/o sexism

I hope all of my fellow yobbers itt take their coffee this way

Finger Prince

Evil Bob posted:

I hope all of my fellow yobbers itt take their coffee this way

Hmm, what do we have here... Shade grown, Organic, Fairtrade, Rainforest Alliance, Bird Friendly... so far so good... wait what's this, WOMAN'S CO-OP?! Sorry, no deal, coffee misandrists!

Evil Bob

Finger Prince posted:

Hmm, what do we have here... Shade grown, Organic, Fairtrade, Rainforest Alliance, Bird Friendly... so far so good... wait what's this, WOMAN'S CO-OP?! Sorry, no deal, coffee misandrists!

Where's your equality now!!!

doritto

r u guys talking bout that bean juice that makes u go poo

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

In a new England dunkin donuts a large with two cream two sugar is pretty much the best coffee you can get.

barnold

Nosfereefer posted:

uhhhh regular?

idiotsavant
extremely constipated

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Nosfereefer posted:

Complex, full bodied and fed up with the patriarchy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Bob

dsipal posted:

r u guys talking bout that bean juice that makes u go poo

Yes. YES! Bean Juice an important part of a balanced poop session