Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

idiotsavant
https://youtu.be/-JkVEd2AYEQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idiotsavant
tho I always feel bad about that kind of black is beautiful song cause while it’s pushback against a horrible media/advertising image of whiter=prettier what about mixed woc

the fruit of racism is all poisoned :(

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
I TAKE IT FROM THE HAND OF MY SWORN ENEMIES

After we hash out our problems verbally over a plate of watercress sandwiches.

They're far more amenable to providing caffeinated beverages afterwards. :coffeepal:

Evil Bob

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.

Thunder Moose posted:

I TAKE IT FROM THE HAND OF MY SWORN ENEMIES

After we hash out our problems verbally over a plate of watercress sandwiches.

They're far more amenable to providing caffeinated beverages afterwards. :coffeepal:

:coffeepal:

Khanstant
one thing i miss about working in service industry was all the free coffee and iced tea and i would mix them half and half and it's really hard to get good special coffee/tea and its weird to ask a server to make it for you

corgski

Silly goose, you're here forever.

I shamefully drink Nescafe taster's choice instant coffee because I don't own a drip coffeemaker and often times the french press is too much work for a shot of caffeine. I even have good coffee in my house, I just don't drink it!

thank 2 blaise rascal for a cozy sig

Chrs

I’ve had Kopi Luwak and when you grind it your house does indeed smell like poo poo

Chrs

I like my coffee strong and black

Stooge

Evil Bob posted:

One might say black as midnight on a moonless night.

drat fine

Would you drink coffee if there was a fish in the percolator

y/n

nut

i get my coffee from a turkish street vendor like u see in all those tourist gifs posted online and when i reach for the tiny mug he pulls it away and when i reach for it to the left he sneaks it over to the right and i don't get it and when i reach for it on the right he flips it over and all the hot coffee pours on my hands its a beautiful tradition

Evil Bob

Chrs posted:

I’ve had Kopi Luwak and when you grind it your house does indeed smell like poo poo

ur supposed to wash it first dude lol, or maybe mine just wasnt as good =(

Stooge posted:

Would you drink coffee if there was a fish in the percolator

y/n

Only a sip which I would politely spit back into my mug and place back upon the table.

Evil Bob fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jul 28, 2020

Evil Bob

This morning I am drinking my coffee and working real hard... at posting! this is what I do first and it is critical to my workflow for the rest of the day.

Chunderstorm

legs crossed like a buddhist
smokin' buddha
angry tuna
i’m a french press kinda guy; if the coffee’s poo poo i’ll take some oat milk or creamer. if it’s good i take it black. either way about an hour later i take a poo poo.

thank you Top Gym Pumper
:nitecrew::justpost:

Evil Bob

Chunderstorm posted:

i’m a french press kinda guy; if the coffee’s poo poo i’ll take some oat milk or creamer. if it’s good i take it black. either way about an hour later i take a poo poo.

mmm coffee +1 hour

idiotsavant
jesus woke up real tired and cranky one morning and the lamb kofta he ate the night before was a little disagreeable in his tummy so he took a poo poo on a boulder and it split open and a frothy bubbling of rich, black coffee came spilling out and still flows to this very day

nut

Chunderstorm posted:

I use a moka pot now after crumbling beneath the pressure of never remembering how much coffee goes in the French press

Evil Bob

idiotsavant posted:

jesus woke up real tired and cranky one morning and the lamb kofta he ate the night before was a little disagreeable in his tummy so he took a poo poo on a boulder and it split open and a frothy bubbling of rich, black coffee came spilling out and still flows to this very day

This makes me question the origins of creamer... perhaps you can enlighten me

Evil Bob

in the office today so I travel mugged my coffee. well when I got here I decided I wanted a regular mug and I managed to spill coffee everywhere while attempting the transfer.

if this affects my 9am poo poo I’m gonna be pissed

szkud

black and warm. sometimes I add milk to cool it down. I make a french-press pot to share with breakfast. still going through all the local roasters to find a favorite

first thing when I wake up, I have a Nespresso and I make the biggest shot it will make out of a single pod ['Lugo' ~4oz] in a rocks glass then add about 2oz of cold water from the fridge so I can drink it immediately
I call it a 'Cool Americano' and it gets a laugh about 10% of the time

Khanstant posted:

one thing i miss about working in service industry was all the free coffee and iced tea and i would mix them half and half and it's really hard to get good special coffee/tea and its weird to ask a server to make it for you

I would gently caress with this

~(‾▿‾)~

Evil Bob

szkud posted:

black and warm. sometimes I add milk to cool it down. I make a french-press pot to share with breakfast. still going through all the local roasters to find a favorite

first thing when I wake up, I have a Nespresso and I make the biggest shot it will make out of a single pod ['Lugo' ~4oz] in a rocks glass then add about 2oz of cold water from the fridge so I can drink it immediately
I call it a 'Cool Americano' and it gets a laugh about 10% of the time

I would gently caress with this

I enjoy iced americano’s on hot days

idiotsavant

nut posted:

I use a moka pot now after crumbling beneath the pressure of never remembering how much coffee goes in the French press

if you moka pot there are electric ones now that are pretty nice in that you dont have to run a burner for one tiny moka pot plus they’re pretty quick. theyre like 40 bucks too. think stovetop makes better coffee tho

idiotsavant
If you want a bomb mixed coffee drink, strong coldbrew + horchata is amazing

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Having a straight black one this very second!

Awesome winter sig by Symbolic, love it!

Lovely sig by the masterful Matoi Ryuko, thanks!

feedback loop
double 'spresso if i can get it while out and about. otherwise black or with oat milk and a lil bit o chocolate syrup if i feel gloomy

Johnny Joestar

Don't shoot him?

my body can't handle coffee and it mostly makes my stomach feel terrible for a while along with giving me a headache

i usually get caffeine, if any, from either tea or some caffeinated squeezy water add-in stuff that's like a cool fruit flavor

also my thai coworker makes us macha tea near every day he's there for the people who work with him directly

Evil Bob

Johnny Joestar posted:

my body can't handle coffee and it mostly makes my stomach feel terrible for a while along with giving me a headache

i usually get caffeine, if any, from either tea or some caffeinated squeezy water add-in stuff that's like a cool fruit flavor

also my thai coworker makes us macha tea near every day he's there for the people who work with him directly

I love matcha! too bad about coffee though. I truly love it, so much :3:

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Lots of cold milk. That's how I like it. No, really. Please don't heat the milk. It's not about the price. I just want to be able to drink my beverage sooner.

Johnny Joestar

Don't shoot him?

i can basically only have coffee if it's like near-white and 99% dairy products of some sort to the point where i'd be drinking one of those 9 dollar seasonal lattes from starbucks

Evil Bob

Having my morning cup in a mug that has 2 farting beans on it that says "Happy Farter's Day"

Chrs

Evil Bob posted:

ur supposed to wash it first dude lol, or maybe mine just wasnt as good =(

I think its supposed to come pre-washed. Mine just looked like squashed and mis-shapen beans with a desaturated colour. Even if I did wash them again I think that stuff is still going to smell like poo poo because its spent a lot of time up an rear end.

In general the coffee isn't that great anyway I don't think they've just found a way to charge an extortionate amount for literal poo poo

idiotsavant
here's something i dont get about kopi luwak. the whole mechanism for making beans into coffee is extraction; you're grinding them up and running water or steeping them to pull out all the various chemical elements that create taste and smell. so a) if the beans sat in indonesian aardvark guts for a while arent a bunch of those compounds already extracted and b) how much indonedian aardvark butt are you also extracting

idiotsavant
keeping a small, gassy indonesian aardvark on my table for those guests that like just a hint of aardvark rear end to squirt on their coffee

Finger Prince

idiotsavant posted:

here's something i dont get about kopi luwak. the whole mechanism for making beans into coffee is extraction; you're grinding them up and running water or steeping them to pull out all the various chemical elements that create taste and smell. so a) if the beans sat in indonesian aardvark guts for a while arent a bunch of those compounds already extracted and b) how much indonedian aardvark butt are you also extracting

Aside from kopi luwak being just a gross-rear end gimmick, a lot of coffee aroma (if not flavour) comes from the drying and washing process of the berry. Normally to get the berry meat off the pit (bean), you have to dry it out in the sun or by mechanical means, etc. The longer they sit with the meat on, the more they can ferment. Then you have to get rid of all the berry meat by maybe rubbing them or washing them with water, or some combination of that. Some amount of residue can be left behind depending on the process.
With civet poo poo beans, all the berry meat removal is done in the animal's digestive system. Then you just collect the beans and probably put them in a tumble drier then sell them to rich idiots who prefer to pay a premium for literal rear end coffee because expensive=better than.

Molestationary Store

In a cup from a keurig. :v: I can slam random diner sludge if that's all that's on offer too though.

Evil Bob

Listen honestly I don't know poo poo about kopi luwak, just that its kinda novelty.

That being said the first time I had it was in Bali, after a tour of a coffee plantation and meeting the civets that pooped the beans and then seeing how they are cleaned and roasted. Then finally we all sat down at a table, watched coffee be made, had it poured for us and the host rolled me up a balinese tobacco cigarette to enjoy.

They also provided us a tray of different teas to try that they produced there.

So my experience of Kopi Luwak has a lot more going on then just brewin poop beans.

I would never pay some extreme amount of money to have it in america.

szkud

Evil Bob posted:

I enjoy iced americano’s on hot days

something about the volume makes the cool americano more attractive than a iced americano. cortado is similar with milk and I really like that, but I feel like an rear end in a top hat ordering anything at a coffee shop by any name, so it's nice making it at home. no fancy names necessary. just, make the espresso colder with water or milk, that's all I want

~(‾▿‾)~

Evil Bob

That sounds excellent, what do you use to make your espresso at home?

nut

in like the next 5 minutes

The_Rob

Blah blah blah blah!!
I’m a professional coffee roaster which is great because I never buy coffee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob

Blah blah blah blah!!
also today I’m brewing a Guatemala pour over.