Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Bob

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.

The_Rob posted:

I’m a professional coffee roaster which is great because I never buy coffee.

Can I order a personal amount of beans from you just for fun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA

French press, black, chugged straight out of the french press

There is no sensory joy here only the brutalist cold efficiency of addiction

The_Rob

Blah blah blah blah!!

Evil Bob posted:

Can I order a personal amount of beans from you just for fun?

yes

https://recreational.coffee

The_Rob fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jul 31, 2020

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Two coffee topics you lucky ducks:

First, Vietnamese coffee is liquid cocaine. I don't know if it works like this for most others but for myself and those I've been with the combination of sugar and sky-high caffeine content becomes this sort of giddy forced-speech stimulant. Placebo might be one thing but it had this effect before I ended up curious what was so special about those little sachets with writing I can't decipher which make me feel coked up and before others let me know they feel the same.

Second, talking about expensive coffee reminds me of Jamaican Blue Mountain. Not entirely sure but I think I heard there is more sold in some countries as Jamaican Blue Mountain than all actual Jamaican Blue Mountain actually produced in Jamaica during the same period. So it's somewhat rare to have the real thing. But I am a snob and searched out verified sources in this case being two Montreal coffee houses and had a try. It was... mild. Not sure if they brew with too little to save money but the French press service at both places was so mild. Not that it was bad. Smooth and balanced. But like no strong flavours that smack your taste buds into submission.

Finger Prince

Bright Bart posted:

Two coffee topics you lucky ducks:

First, Vietnamese coffee is liquid cocaine. I don't know if it works like this for most others but for myself and those I've been with the combination of sugar and sky-high caffeine content becomes this sort of giddy forced-speech stimulant. Placebo might be one thing but it had this effect before I ended up curious what was so special about those little sachets with writing I can't decipher which make me feel coked up and before others let me know they feel the same.

Second, talking about expensive coffee reminds me of Jamaican Blue Mountain. Not entirely sure but I think I heard there is more sold in some countries as Jamaican Blue Mountain than all actual Jamaican Blue Mountain actually produced in Jamaica during the same period. So it's somewhat rare to have the real thing. But I am a snob and searched out verified sources in this case being two Montreal coffee houses and had a try. It was... mild. Not sure if they brew with too little to save money but the French press service at both places was so mild. Not that it was bad. Smooth and balanced. But like no strong flavours that smack your taste buds into submission.

I had the same experience with Real Deal Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee, in a French press too. It was so mild. Delicate, if I'm being kind. Watery if km not. It was carefully measured out on a scale and steeped to a timer. I wonder if coffee shops just use way too coarse a grind for French press because people don't like sediment, so you end up with weak coffee water. At home I just use the filter setting on my grinder in a French press and just don't drink the last bit of coffee grit in the cup. But it tastes like something at least.

szkud

Evil Bob posted:

That sounds excellent, what do you use to make your espresso at home?

we have a Nespresso machine. it's a fancy model. I could get by with one that doesn't do milk stuff but my partner would not appreciate that. one of these days I'll get that stovetop moka I have somehow avoided buying so far

~(‾▿‾)~

Chunderstorm

legs crossed like a buddhist
smokin' buddha
angry tuna

nut posted:

I use a moka pot now after crumbling beneath the pressure of never remembering how much coffee goes in the French press

at this point i eyeball it; if i made my coffee too strong, in goes the oat milk, try again tomorrow

i don't sleep too good so the coffee tasting good is a plus but not usually required

thank you Top Gym Pumper
:nitecrew::justpost:

Evil Bob

enjoyed myself a silky smooth cup of black this morning. paired it with critical listens to Britney Spears hits and I can’t exactly tell you why but I listened to “you drive me crazy” 2 minutes of “oops I did it again” and most of “toxic” and boy the aughts really happened folks

Finger Prince

Evil Bob posted:

enjoyed myself a silky smooth cup of black this morning. paired it with critical listens to Britney Spears hits and I can’t exactly tell you why but I listened to “you drive me crazy” 2 minutes of “oops I did it again” and most of “toxic” and boy the aughts really happened folks

The least self-aware decade since the 80s.

The_Rob

Blah blah blah blah!!
I’m at work today and I’ve had like three iced coffees.

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

The_Rob posted:

I’m at work today and I’ve had like three iced coffees.

:sludgepal:

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

Coffee in bed on Sunday morning :morning:

szkud

I had a cool americano for breakfast, then a bunch of steel mill coffee that tasted like someone ashed in it. it's super effective

~(‾▿‾)~

Photex

I only drink gfuel op.

Evil Bob

Coffee was treated with the casual disregard of the working drone today. As a car needs fuel to operate, this machine also requires coffee.

Did it not bring me pleasure to consume? It did, but alas I did not find myself enraptured as I oft do. Work came at me quickly this morning and the joy of coffee faded in the rear view mirror.

Johnny Joestar

Don't shoot him?

instead of coffee i had a hi-ball sparkling water energy drink today. i normally like sparkling water as it is and those things actually work pretty well. only did it because we're short on labor so it was just me and one other person doing our thing back where we work and we had to hustle. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Bob

love that weekend coffee, there’s just something so much more enjoyable when you aren’t counting on the coffee to just wake you up and get you through a few hours of work.

:coffeepal: