Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hambeet posted:

Lol if sng is scum the other team are gonna push hard for his lynch. Hi, hello I’m a dad

Mr. Steak posted:

anyway ##vote sng until he loving shoots someone

Man im two for two right not now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hey sng just don’t shoot me I’m the doc, k?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hambeet posted:

Man im two for two right not now

Ugh that ‘not’ shouldn’t be there. Need more coffee

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Scum hunting other scum does make things harder, but they may have to twist their explanations a bit if the justifications they use would apply just as well to a scumbro's behaviour. Or they might want to still try and fake things up to cast doubt on people who would be troublesome thorns in their side. Or they may feel more pressured to contribute something to keep up their appearances even if they don't have anything solid yet. So they can maybe still be caught out by having inconsistent or fake-sounding motivations.

Like this guy!

sandnavyguy posted:

Explanations coming shortly, but the gist is my scum picks D1 are always performative players followed by lurkers, and town is scumhunting and pressure application without being performative.

Ok, looking at lurkers, nothing wrong with that sure

sandnavyguy posted:

Hambeet: I’m flipping on you a bit because I think you started off scummy and lurking but you seemed to be more engaged last night. Your posts don’t seem too opportunistic so I’m feeling maybe townish?

sandnavyguy posted:

Taste: on the other end of the scale, lurking is a tried and true scum tactic, and with the exception of a few joke posts they kind of disappeared? They seem to be a frequent player so I don’t think it’s apathy.

B-: same problem, very lurky, with special mention of:

Yep, SNG appears to see lurking as a very scummy behaviour!

Just reinforcing my thoughts. Possible taste/b-scumteam? It’s a fringe theory but I’ll stick with it for a while.

Possible lurker/lurker scumteam, even! But wait,all of a sudden...

sandnavyguy posted:

Scientastic posted:

Don’t vig a lurker, undoubtedly some of the people advocating a lurker vig are scum who are confident that you won’t hit one of their team

It’s also boring and unfun

I agree, I feel it would be a waste. Besides, shooting a vote leader has higher odds of hitting scum since people more experienced then me would have a hand in the decision.

I’m NOT being a coward, I’m being cautious. There’s a difference. Cowardice would be just shoot the lurker and have done with it.

sandnavyguy posted:

Because eliminating a player unlikely to be scum is antithetical to being useful. If they are complete dead weight and don’t vote or anything they allow the game to be weighted in towns favor. It’s a possible NK that doesn’t harm towns planning team (though it’s unlikely they’ll do that it still is an option.), an extra body keeps the majority vote high which requires more town to be on board with the lunch if we begin paring the number down helping prevent a scum rush led turbo, and in a game with multiple vigs, gives additional time to figure out which vote leader to lunch and which to flip early.

Eliminating them just wastes a vig.

Blah blah blah lots of words to try and explain why killing lurkers is now super suboptimal or something

sandnavyguy posted:

It’s less I care about everyone’s opinion on me and more I care about lunching a likely scum target. I want to win, and In a game where multiple vigs exist for both scum and town, every shot counts. Why on earth would I vig someone who is unlikely to be a scum because they are too apathetic to even joke post. Like I don’t even see where the skepticism is coming from. At this point our vote leader has two votes with 11 for majority. It would be stupid to fire right now.

YOU NAMED A LURKER AS ONE OF YOUR TOP SCUM TARGETS AND ALSO CITED LURKING AS ONE OF YOUR MAIN D1 REASONS TO SUSPECT SOMEBODY

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

Cena's point that no, he doesn't, is well taken I think.

He would know if he’s on both teams

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Tell me more about spoonsy bif

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

Yep, SNG appears to see lurking as a very scummy behaviour!

Bah, screwed up one of my quotes, this is not easy on mobile let me tell ya

This bit I quoted here ended up inserted into the middle of an SNG lumpenlist quote but that is my commentary

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Mr. Humalong posted:

He would know if he’s on both teams
Well that’s me out-logicked then, isn’t it

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sigh, fine.

I just wanted more info before firing but apparently Its not going the way I hoped. I hope you’re scum, but if you’re town Don’t say I didn’t try to give you every out there was AND more time.

##kill bifauxnen

Can we get back to cases not involving the gun now?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

t a s t e posted:

Tell me more about spoonsy bif

There isn't more to tell, I summed it up already, he shows up when lots of cool shits going on, but just makes a Bojack joke or something, or a comment of something totally obvious like "well SNG has a gun", he's around but not contributing

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Whoops lol ok I'll be dead now

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

that was a weird choice.

##vote sandnavyguy

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

sandnavyguy posted:

Steak we are not at lylo. That is an argument once we get past at least what, D3?

I don’t like this post. And it’s not the survivor part, it’s the “why are you considering the impact of lurkers at lylo? We’re no where near lylo!”

Surely lurkers are a threat that everyone wants handled as early as possible because they get harder and harder to remove later.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Oh wow, I clearly took too long to write that post.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

GenericGirlName posted:

I don’t like this post. And it’s not the survivor part, it’s the “why are you considering the impact of lurkers at lylo? We’re no where near lylo!”

Surely lurkers are a threat that everyone wants handled as early as possible because they get harder and harder to remove later.

As I’ve said before, there’s a difference between a lurker, and someone who straight up ghosted.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Lol why bif? I said bminus

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
##vote SNG

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Can we at least wait for the flip before y’all scum rush me? I knew this would happen.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

sandnavyguy posted:

As I’ve said before, there’s a difference between a lurker, and someone who straight up ghosted.

What value is there in either of those scenarios to keeping that player around until it is late enough in the game that we are choosing between disposing of them or someone that we have strong scum cases on?

If we cannot be confident (either due to lack of posting or due to lack of reads on them as town aligned) that that player will be a beneficial member of town at lylo, why is it not valid to discuss removing them before we are in a lylo state?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Well don’t be scummy sng

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
That was an odd choice

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Look, it’s fine if y’all vote me if it gets it out of your systems, but do you mind casing each other as well? Cause all a town flip is gonna show is that I apparently shot badly, despite the fact I was in trouble for NOT shooting, and will be utterly useless for D2 since no one will have power roles, and even if y’all lynch me I want to still win.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Lurker day 1 lunches or vigs are fine. Day 3 not so much. There should be better cases by then.

Scum like to argue against lurker lynches early so that they try for townie cred points by defending them and because town lurkers later on are low hanging fruit for them to veer onto.

dad styles

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I mean, I'm going to be the first to marvel at your accuracy if you hit scum, but that was a really odd choice.

Why go and talk about plonking a lurker and then actually shoot someone who's anything but?

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

hambeet posted:

Lurker day 1 lunches or vigs are fine. Day 3 not so much. There should be better cases by then.

Scum like to argue against lurker lynches early so that they try for townie cred points by defending them and because town lurkers later on are low hanging fruit for them to veer onto.

dad styles

This is why the “why not wait until the threat of lylo to discuss it!” Combined with “actually lurkers are valid targets imo!” Is so susp to me.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Spoonsy posted:

I mean, I'm going to be the first to marvel at your accuracy if you hit scum, but that was a really odd choice.

Why go and talk about plonking a lurker and then actually shoot someone who's anything but?

I didn’t? I never said I want to shoot a lurker, I said I want to shoot someone with a case on them! Bif was the one wanting me to shoot the resident ghost.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

GenericGirlName posted:

This is why the “why not wait until the threat of lylo to discuss it!” Combined with “actually lurkers are valid targets imo!” Is so susp to me.

To clarify, what I mean by lurker is someone who posts frivolously then fades to the background. I think that is scummy. Not posting at all, which of you all care to read the past posts was what bif wanted that I disagreed with, is a null read because they aren’t even playing. And I don’t want to shoot null reads, I wanna shoot scum.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Lol

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why the gently caress did you kill the player literally making the most useful and on-topic posts? yeah good job keeping us from spinning our wheels, you literally shot them out

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

It should have been you :negative:

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

sandnavyguy posted:

##kill bifauxnen[/b]

SNG carefully takes aim at bifauxnen and fires, spattering horrid artifical gravylike fluid everywhere!

Bifauxnen (Vanilla Town) has died.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

What was all that Y’all have been saying about go ahead and shoot, it’ll be fine? Cause it looks like I was absolutely right, and y’all are jumping down my throat.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Well poo poo.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sandnavyguy posted:

I didn’t? I never said I want to shoot a lurker, I said I want to shoot someone with a case on them! Bif was the one wanting me to shoot the resident ghost.

ok so why did you shoot someone with no case on them whatsoever?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##vote sng for the y’alls tbqh

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

sandnavyguy posted:

What was all that Y’all have been saying about go ahead and shoot, it’ll be fine? Cause it looks like I was absolutely right, and y’all are jumping down my throat.

we all meant shoot a scum. smh

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i actually *nggggh* agree *ungghhhhh* with steak *panting hard to catch breath*

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Goddamit, there goes the marksman ability

##vote sng

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

##unvote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

sandnavyguy (6): SolusLunes, Mr. Steak, JOHN CENA, DGK2000, t a s t e, Spoonsy
JOHN CENA (2): Scientastic, Scientastic, Scientastic, Tommunist
Power of Pecota (1): b-minus1, DGK2000, DGK2000, DGK2000, DGK2000
Scientastic (1): SolusLunes, Mr. Steak, SolusLunes, Mr. Steak, CapnAndy
Sandwolf (0): DGK2000, Power of Pecota, DGK2000, Power of Pecota, DGK2000, DGK2000
Spoonsy (0): t a s t e, t a s t e
hambeet (0): Tommunist, Tommunist
Mr. Steak (0): SolusLunes, SolusLunes, hambeet, hambeet
Tommunist (0): Power of Pecota, Power of Pecota
Mr. Humalong (0): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, CapnAndy, SolusLunes, Mr. Steak, CapnAndy, SolusLunes, Mr. Steak
SolusLunes (0): Scientastic, Scientastic, DGK2000, DGK2000
GenericGirlName (0): JOHN CENA, JOHN CENA
b-minus1 (0): CapnAndy, CapnAndy

Not Voting (10): GenericGirlName, Hal Incandenza, hambeet, Mr. Humalong, Power of Pecota, sandnavyguy, Sandwolf, Space Hamlet, tpink, yuming

With 20 alive, it's 11 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 25th, 2020 at noon EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 17 hours.