Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I'm in as McRib, the obviously superior choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Epsilon Plus posted:

3 slots left, I'll auto-assign tpink to something horrible if he doesn't make a choice before then

Coq au Night Train. Thanks!

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
It was the middle of the night! I’m on now.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

sandnavyguy posted:

But I don’t wanna die D1 again

My man.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Mr. Steak posted:

im pretty sure nobody pronounces it vigg

I was saying Boo-urns.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

SolusLunes posted:

well I know who the scum is

they're in the thread right now!!!!!

##vote bif

Bif is actually cool and good and you leave them alone!

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Bifauxnen posted:

Oh wait I don't remember seeing the boons actually spelled out in the OP before

Ok maybe it'd be worth investing one gun to get MORE GUNS

This is probably obvious but I want to clarify just to make sure - if the gun is not used during the day, is the boon granted immediately such that it can be triggered that same night? For example, let's say the gun is not used on D1 and the random boon is "paranoid gun owner for the night" - the night is going to be N1, not N2?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

SolusLunes posted:

honestly though I think it's more likely that someone sits on it since I keep trying to give those out in games I run and nobody d1 vidges anyone, ever, unless there's pre-existing BEEF

You clearly did not follow Gushers mafia just a few days ago.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

b-minus1 posted:

my gut tells me that hal and beet are town, and the pecota ggn and tpink are scum

Weird read. I frankly did not expect the game to explode as quickly as it did, and between working during the day and it being Friday night, haven’t caught up enough to post. Why are you calling me out in particular, b?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Mr. Humalong posted:

tpink has not posted in over 48 hours

Thanks bud. Catching up on Friday / Saturday midnight posts.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Mr. Humalong posted:

What is there to comment on? They have not posted in over 48 hours. There is literally a void where their posts should be.

This feels scummy coming from you.

I really don’t know what’s scummy about not posting in a game that moved 20 drat pages during the workweek. I have not kept up and didn’t want to start posting when I literally had hundreds of posts to catch up on.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

JOHN CENA posted:

this game is dumb i want day one to be over already.

This guy gets it.

This has been an impossible day one to keep up with, I’m sorry. :/ Like wow. I know it’s a game with a lot of players but still.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

CapnAndy posted:

I definitely don't want to have to deal with deadline nonsense tomorrow, I won't be here for deadline.

Can we all come together in unity and vote out tpink for having the lowest vote count

I hate all these posts for driving what they think is an easy lurker lynch. I’m your best read for scum, CA? Is that what you really think?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

CapnAndy posted:

Oh, God no. I have zero read on tpink because tpink isn't posting. The issue is that our top three candidates are tied at 4 votes with 11 to execute and we have 15 hours to deadline and most of that is sleepytime, I'm starting to worry that we have a no-vote.

As for ranking, let's say... steak over SNG, with not much opinion on hambeet because like gently caress I was reading that entire slapfight, and tpink is, as I've said, a great big Null. So in order of who I'd like to get voted out today it'd be steak at 1, tpink at 2, sng at 3, and beet at 4.

Guarantee that at least one of the people driving a random lynch on me is scum, I mean wow. Your best read of me is a null and that gets me to #2 in your list? Phenomenal mafia playing.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Power of Pecota posted:

Spoiler alert: lol

Speak on it.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Power of Pecota posted:

tpink it's fine, you got one really bad vote that was moved off of you and people acknowledged it was bad but nobody else wanted to vote them for it

I guess here’s what I’m confused about. There’s a super active discussion about who is scum and cases being made, and then we just get this non sequitur out of the blue “hey did you realize tpink hasn’t posted in 48 hours?” Just weird. :shrug:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Mr. Humalong posted:

Tpink skimming the thread for any mention of themself isn’t a great look

???

Do you not read mafia posts that mention you?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Mr. Steak posted:

oh yeah pecota u just reminded me of cena's completely random breakdown earlier. what the gently caress was that about? idk how he normally plays but like, i'm talked to the guy outside of mafia and he's... not like this. i mean why the gently caress was he even mad? is there some longstanding hatred of day ones he has or something?

What’s the breakdown? I just read him as getting overwhelmed by all the posts on day one. Yeah, better town move is to read every drat thing and make cases but it’s been a real loving chatty day one.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Scientastic posted:

Ding ding ding

My hand is now numb from making a giant phone post

Your giant phone post was very good.

##vote JohnCena

I kept going back and forth on whether that was real frustration at having to follow the game or faux-stration and ultimately the latter feels more real.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

JOHN CENA posted:

if a nl is caused i am demanding to be shot on day two.

It really does feel performative, dude.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Mr. Humalong posted:

did both teams try to kill tpink or something

:shrug:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Mr. Humalong posted:

They also could have both decided to withhold their kill for whatever reason, but I'd say picking the same target is more likely this early in the game.

The odds of both scum teams independently deciding to withhold their NK on night one is like near-zero.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Sandwolf posted:

I had thought this but also no way they both did this

I’ll finish reading before I post next time.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Sandwolf posted:

##vote binus

Binus been doing doing drive by posts like that all game, they’re all scummy

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me about this gem.

b-minus1 posted:

my gut tells me that hal and beet are town, and the pecota ggn and tpink are scum

B, you want to explain your scum suspicions here at all or are you good just dropping that with no context?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Tommunist posted:

Someone's having alot of fun being on both scum teams loving with them pushing night kills

Wait is this actually possible? I sort of assumed that there’s not going to be overlap between the scum teams but I guess the rules don’t explicitly disallow it.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Mr. Humalong posted:

tpink nervously typing in scum chat “you...you’d tell me if ur on both teams, right?”

hambeet is typing...

Bad post alert!

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

DGK2000 posted:

Tpink is scum btw

No u

You want to do something more substantive than this little drive-by?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Spoonsy posted:

Real talk, I had no idea tpink was even in this game

Rude. Sorry I'm not making hundreds of white-noise posts like some of the other posters, I guess?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

CapnAndy posted:

Will you make a case? I'd be interested to read it.

Sure!

I just re-read PoP, sandnavyguy, sandwolf, and Scientastic (just picked 4 sequential players). First two below, other two next.

PoP:
I think SNG is town for reasons below, and PoP stuck up for SNG pretty early on when people (justifiably) were all riled up about the Bif kill. The scum way to play it would be to start rolling a bunch of votes on SNG as I think he easily could have been lynched. Also went after JC very hard and voted for him. A lot of his posts are pressing random players on their positions in a way that feels like genuinely trying to get reactions and positions instead of tunneling specific players. Reads town to me.

SNG:
I really didn't like the Bif vig kill when it happened because the support for it was somewhat flimsy (he had Bif in his scum list because of her "performative" posting) and because Bif was probably the most active in making cases at that point rather than doing white-noise chatter. The kill itself sort of came out of nowhere, and the preemptive "sorry if you're town" excuse felt super scummy too:

sandnavyguy posted:

Sigh, fine.

I just wanted more info before firing but apparently Its not going the way I hoped. I hope you’re scum, but if you’re town Don’t say I didn’t try to give you every out there was AND more time.[b]

But on re-reading and thinking about it more, the posts actually read more as new-ish player getting frustrated that they shot town, and it really would have been a super risky gambit for a scum team to play it this way. I'm actually surprised that SNG didn't get rushed with votes immediately after Bif flipped. Finally, SNG also voted for JC - that's a little trickier in this game since it's conceivable that SNG and JC could both be scum and could just be on different teams, but it further weighs in favor of him being town in my mind. So I have him in the town category too.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

DGK2000 posted:

You have nothing of value in your post history. At all.

You're being aggressively unpleasant.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

DGK2000 posted:

There is zero way you don't have picks, or opinions or literally anything to say of value unless you're lurking scum.

I just skimmed your post history in this game, btw, and boy do you have balls calling me out for lack of content. I'd say that like 95% of your posts are pure noise.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

DGK2000 posted:

"Oh poo poo scumbuddy, you need some content let me prompt you for it so you can give super easy reads where you call both players town instead of giving any scum reads" lol both of you

I picked 4 sequential players and am giving reads on them as I see them, town or scum.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Sandwolf

More on the fence about this one. Called out JC very early, before the effort post that seemed to turn a lot of people's attention to JC as scummy, but it was not a particularly strong push as he acknowledged later. And because there are two scum teams, again, someone going after a player who later flips scum is not as much of a tell as usual. Got into a weird slapfight with Bif over whether his vote on Bif was exaggerated/performative. Said he expected Bif to flip scum without ever explaining why (aside from the slapfight they had over SNG, which did not seem genuine), and I thought that was a real confusing / surprising position at that point in the game - for my money there was no indication that she was playing scummy (though obviously this is now with benefit of hindsight). The thing that's pinging me hard in the other direction is his full-on defense of SNG after he shot Bif. Maybe my thinking is colored by the fact that I am now sure that SNG is town, but it's hard to see that kind of full-throated defense at that kind of precarious point in the game - there was a good chance that SNG would have been lynched after shooting Bif, and this kind of a full-on defense is a risky move if SNG and Sandwolf are on a scum team together.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Mr. Humalong posted:

Why don’t you pick some players you think are scum because posting only town reads is a pretty strong scum tell in my experience

Yeah, I'll need to do more re-reading. I disagree that posting only town reads is a scum move. If I'm scum and say that another scum player is town, then they flip scum, obviously that's going to attract attention.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Mr. Humalong posted:

This reads to me like you are afraid to call anyone scum. That is not a town mindset.

I think DGK is posting real scummy but I can't tell how much of that is impacted by my frustration that he's being a dick for no reason. I 100% stand by my argument that the vast majority of his posting is bullshit and noise, and I'm a little surprised to get a reaction along the lines of "yeah well 95% of mafia is noise." It's not, or it shouldn't be at least, WTF. Why clog up the game with 100s of garbage posts that don't help anyone and that just make it more difficult for players to sort through the noise.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

DGK2000 posted:

I wasn't being a dick, calling you out isn't being a dick. Calling you useless as gently caress is being a dick.

gently caress off, dude.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Sandwolf posted:

WOW really? Holy smokes, okay, I was wrong about that

Yeah, I played a lot of games but have been on a hiatus for a while, which is probably why a bunch of people think I'm new.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

DGK2000 posted:

I am calling out who I think is lurking scum.

That is emphatically not what you did. Your ENTIRE case for me is that I'm lurking and not participating:

DGK2000 posted:

You literally have less posts than the loving mod, and you are OBVIOUSLY just reading along looking for your name. You are giving absolutely zero to work with, and I wish to see you lunched.

##vote Tpink

You are yet to identify a single actually scummy post that I made or a single instance where I went after someone who then flipped town.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

DGK2000 posted:

I did though, thanks for reading. WHO DO YOU THINK IS SCUM

You've done nothing useful in this game as far as I can tell (:ironicat:), you shot Hal who flipped town, and your case on him was basically this combination of "I think he's scum" (for unexplained reasons) and "I want him out because he's lurking":

DGK2000 posted:

I would agree that Hal is scummy, and likely scum with his reputation. I don't see how he would be undrafted and left a free agent.

DGK2000 posted:

I would honestly policy lynch Hal forever until he started playing games more than lurking

##vote DGK2000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

DGK2000 posted:

Oh this is better, you didn't even read my posts after D1 and are being selective.

I just re-read all your posts when we got into this tizzy - what are you talking about? What relevant after-D1 posts do you think I'm ignoring?