Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan 00X
Dec 15, 2017
One of the most least known influential Final Fantasy games of all time. It originated the class system before FF5 was even born. And hell yeah it kicks rear end. If you haven't at least played it I can't consider you a true FF fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ubgfojiufo

And don't even talk to me of the bastardized remake please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan 00X
Dec 15, 2017
If you think this boss theme is acceptable
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkMxWgW8Upo

against this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EVIF1Udqr0

don't even talk to me, bro

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
The thread’s dying, Cloud.

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

I agree with you wholeheartedly that Final Fantasy III on the Nintendo Family Computer (Famicom) is the greatest game of all time. Who can forget such loveable characters as Desh, who lived in the Bahamut's nest but didn't know why. Or such cinematic moments as your airship being shot down over the Kingdom of Salonia, landing you in the midst of a gigantic battlefield with literally dozens of soldiers on the screen.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Final Sextacy

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Final Fantasy III is one of my favourites. I can't get enough of the adventures of Locke and Terra

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

tceles b husp?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Alan, you spoony bard!

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Hot Stunt posted:

I agree with you wholeheartedly that Final Fantasy III on the Nintendo Family Computer (Famicom) is the greatest game of all time. Who can forget such loveable characters as Desh, who lived in the Bahamut's nest but didn't know why. Or such cinematic moments as your airship being shot down over the Kingdom of Salonia, landing you in the midst of a gigantic battlefield with literally dozens of soldiers on the screen.

You know it's a good game when the ironic description has to clarify which time you got shot down because it happens so much.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Alan, you spoony bard!

Hey...gently caress you...that is all

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

dark knight cecil was way cooler than paladin cecil

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

free hubcaps posted:

dark knight cecil was way cooler than paladin cecil

:hmmyes:

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

I liked how you could eat monster meat or install robot parts to become a cyborg. Also, the Talon was a cool ship. That's most of what I remember about it.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Finally leaving the floating island and opening up the full world map for the first time was just like leaving Midgar in VII, in that I only remember like five minutes of the game after that.

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth

The Breakfast Sampler posted:

I liked how you could eat monster meat or install robot parts to become a cyborg. Also, the Talon was a cool ship. That's most of what I remember about it.

More FF games should have that mechanism. Screw Blue Magery and its crazy grinding, I want to weld stuff on myself or mutate (semi) uncontrollably.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Which one has the gay bodybuildier rape scene?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

The story in II is better, just an npc bloodbath.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Rad-daddio posted:

The original VII. It was taken out of the remake.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

The original VII. It was taken out of the remake.

Ah, thanks. I thought it was something I misremembered.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I feel like there's a lot of final fantasies you never hear about.
Like I, and II. And IV, V, VI, VIII comes to mind. I guess IX, X.

So, several. Does anything fantastic or final happen in those fantasies? I'm guessing probably not given that they keep happening and stuff. Probably one of the great mysteries. Do they even exist? I don't know.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Big Beef City posted:

I feel like there's a lot of final fantasies you never hear about.
Like I, and II. And IV, V, VI, VIII comes to mind. I guess IX, X.

So, several. Does anything fantastic or final happen in those fantasies? I'm guessing probably not given that they keep happening and stuff. Probably one of the great mysteries. Do they even exist? I don't know.

In every game there is a common scene that ties them together, a scene where the entire cast drops their conflicts, the plot pauses, and they all gently caress me!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

In every game there is a common scene that ties them together, a scene where the entire cast drops their conflicts, the plot pauses, and they all gently caress me!

That is both fantastic, and a fantasy of many, in a final sense. Thank you for sharing this with us today.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The best part of Final Fantasy III is getting an airship in the first ten minutes of the game, realize you can’t really go anywhere, then get forced to ram it into a boulder and blow it up just to leave the starting area.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Geomancers are OP.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Or my fav is dying at the endgame dungeon with no save points

Did i mention that dungeon takes an hour to complete

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

stab posted:

Or my fav is dying at the endgame dungeon with no save points

Did i mention that dungeon takes an hour to complete

Hey it has save points. There is one break halfway in where you step back onto the overworld. Which definitely cant trap you in the dungeon too weak to get back out.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Whats the deal with them putting those useless monk weapons everywhere in these games

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

final fantasy iii the one where your guy can have be an onion knight. what are thiose wacky game makers going to make next, a celery mage? plum smuggler? a garlic deez nuts

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tyuIh12_HU

FFXIV has a poo poo-ton of FFIII references, primarily in the form of the Crystal Tower, and lots of really great remixes of FFIII songs, especially Eternal Wind. It's so loving good

Also the FFIII remake is good and gets a bad rap. Yes, the final dungeon is exhausting with its set-up, but it's still a really good game. :colbert:

help how do I unlock this job

The Grimace fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jul 21, 2020

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The Grimace posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tyuIh12_HU

FFXIV has a poo poo-ton of FFIII references, primarily in the form of the Crystal Tower, and lots of really great remixes of FFIII songs, especially Eternal Wind. It's so loving good

Also the FFIII remake is good and gets a bad rap. Yes, the final dungeon is exhausting with its set-up, but it's still a really good game. :colbert:

I'mma take your word for it dog. Like, all of it.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
ff3-nes was great for its time, but sadly came out too late in the NES's lifespan to see very many accolades.

ff3-ds is the worst loving game in the entire ds library and keep in mind that is a system plagued by as many ubisoft asset flips as the wii. it was directed and designed by the sadist who made ff11 bad, and later on went to make ff14 bad until he was shuffled to a corner office and not allowed to touch big boy projects anymore. the ds remake is far worse even than imagine: babiez or caesar milan's tsst! interactive dog training manual game.

hell it's even worse than the dreadful sonic the hedgehog chronicles 1, a game that was so bad that sega pulled the soundtrack rights just before the cart went to print, and was smothered quietly in its sleep before it could receive the sequel bioware was expecting they would get to make. think about that

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jul 21, 2020

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Rad-daddio posted:

take your pick buddy, it can't be anime without some type of sexualization of minors or glorifying of sexual assault.

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

take your pick buddy, it can't be anime without some type of sexualization of minors or glorifying of sexual assault.

:hmmyes:

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Fun game, but it would have been better if they let you in on what was going on.

Kilbas
Feb 1, 2011

The White Dragon posted:

ff3-nes was great for its time, but sadly came out too late in the NES's lifespan to see very many accolades.

ff3-ds is the worst loving game in the entire ds library and keep in mind that is a system plagued by as many ubisoft asset flips as the wii. it was directed and designed by the sadist who made ff11 bad, and later on went to make ff14 bad until he was shuffled to a corner office and not allowed to touch big boy projects anymore. the ds remake is far worse even than imagine: babiez or caesar milan's tsst! interactive dog training manual game.

hell it's even worse than the dreadful sonic the hedgehog chronicles 1, a game that was so bad that sega pulled the soundtrack rights just before the cart went to print, and was smothered quietly in its sleep before it could receive the sequel bioware was expecting they would get to make. think about that

What are you talking about? I really enjoyed the remake.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

ff3-ds is the worst loving game in the entire ds library and keep in mind that is a system plagued by as many ubisoft asset flips as the wii. it was directed and designed by the sadist who made ff11 bad, and later on went to make ff14 bad until he was shuffled to a corner office and not allowed to touch big boy projects anymore.

No, they let him design the relic weapon storyline for the second expansion and it was horrible.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Kilbas posted:

What are you talking about? I really enjoyed the remake.

You and me are weirdos it seems. Most people seem to hate it for poo poo like giving bosses two attacks per round.

Which admittedly could result in instant party wipes if your luck was bad and it took two full party attacks in a row. That was pretty bullshit.

On the other hand, the zoom in and hunt for sparkles system made it the only ff where I've bothered hunting for hidden items.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
which is the one with the cowboy?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The White Dragon posted:

Okay you made me curious to play it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Mega64 posted:

The best part of Final Fantasy III is getting an airship in the first ten minutes of the game, realize you can’t really go anywhere, then get forced to ram it into a boulder and blow it up just to leave the starting area.

I feel like this is the one scene in this game that everyone will remember clearly. It is an indelible gaming moment like Psycho Mantis in MGS, the "would you kindly" reveal in BioShock, or the gay bodybuilder rape scene in FFVII.