Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
The McRib was invented by an "animal scientist" and a "fine dining chef". You ever seen The Wire? You know how D'Angelo is like "nobody remembers who made the mcnugget" well one of the people who invented the McRib also invented the McNugget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I dont remember it very well, sorry

caleb
Jul 17, 2004
...rough day at the orifice.
"The first PC virus, Brain, starts to spread."

So pretty much indicative of my future posting.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Wikipedia doesn’t have very much dumb poo poo for my birth year, it’s full of moon landings and Vietnam and counter-culture bullshit.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
They tore down the Berlin wall and David Hasselhoff was there to sing

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Prince was booed off stage at a Rolling Stones concert.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Windows Vista was released

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
I was born.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
Chernobyl.

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

There was a new star in the east.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

oprah winfrey hosted a show on child sacrafice

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

There was a global pandemic
Trump won his second term
Development of the XR Time Dilation project began
Bush fires continued to ravage Australia

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
Star Wars was released

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
there was a song released (probably) that was all like "nineteen eighty five" in robot voices and occasionally someone would go "ooh ooh ooh, ooh ooh" and I don't know what it is called or who sang it. do you know the song op

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Norway launched Teletext service and got the .no domain, and ARPANET moved to TCP/IP. M*A*S*H ended, Swatch watches were introduced, and the US launched its first woman into space, a mere twenty years after the USSR.

You know, these are not that stupid. More in the spirit of the thread: The McNugget was introduced.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Hammerite posted:

there was a song released (probably) that was all like "nineteen eighty five" in robot voices and occasionally someone would go "ooh ooh ooh, ooh ooh" and I don't know what it is called or who sang it. do you know the song op

Was there this sort of interlude where a deeper robot voice would be like "You gotta get it, you gotta get it"?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Was there this sort of interlude where a deeper robot voice would be like "You gotta get it, you gotta get it"?

I don't remember. It was one song on a cassette tape we had like 25 years ago. We took it on a family camping holiday and it was the only music we had with us so it got played constantly. The cassette also had The Safety Dance, Total Eclipse of the Heart, Can't Hurry Love (the phil collins version), and Moonlight Shadow by Mike Oldfield. There was another voice on the song that occasionally said "sex cry" or possibly "sex crime" (thats a very 1985 thing, by the way) or possibly something else that's nothing at all like those words.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
The star of Bethlehem was unusually bright. Gold, frankincense and myrrh industries were producing a considerable surplus and sent their salesmen to offload the goods on poor people so they didn't have to pay the disposal fees

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon
These dudes, the elders, gave Gilgamesh advice for his journey. Gilgamesh then visited his mother, the goddess Ninsun, who seeked the support and protection of the sun-god Shamash for their adventure. Ninsun adopted Enkidu as her son, and Gilgamesh left instructions for the governance of Uruk in his absence.

I was like, dont care, just born

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Hammerite posted:

I don't remember. It was one song on a cassette tape we had like 25 years ago. We took it on a family camping holiday and it was the only music we had with us so it got played constantly. The cassette also had The Safety Dance, Total Eclipse of the Heart, Can't Hurry Love (the phil collins version), and Moonlight Shadow by Mike Oldfield. There was another voice on the song that occasionally said "sex cry" or possibly "sex crime" (thats a very 1985 thing, by the way) or possibly something else that's nothing at all like those words.

<Robot voice> Nineteen Eighty Five

ooh ooh ooh, ooh ooh sex crime

(You gotta get it, you gotta get it)

I think you imagined this song but god drat this poo poo is fire. We've got a hit on our hands.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Funky See Funky Do posted:

<Robot voice> Nineteen Eighty Five

ooh ooh ooh, ooh ooh sex crime

(You gotta get it, you gotta get it)

I think you imagined this song but god drat this poo poo is fire. We've got a hit on our hands.

:dare:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Darius I of Persia proclaims that Aramaic be the official language of the western half of his empire

Mr. Bones
Jan 2, 2011

ain't no law says a skeleton can't play the blues
The world wide web became available for public usage, and it's just been downhill from there.

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon
I know KISS already existed and they were my favorite band

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Use of crack cocaine, a smokeable form of the drug, first reported in the United States and Caribbean.[8]

That's a good one, let's go with that.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
America elected George HW Bush

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The first American Test Tube baby was born.
Upon seeing the success of me and my posting, all subsequent test tube babies and experiments are thrown in the trash where they belong, presumably due to having gotten it so right the first time.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Mozi posted:

Darius I of Persia proclaims that Aramaic be the official language of the western half of his empire

Well that would make you Heraclitus of Ephesus, which I find doubtful because I didn't know you were given to vampirism or other forms of immortality.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Some poo poo about a poorly conceived wall falling over, I think that was the big one. I think there was also a batman and a ghostbusters

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon
I was born on 9/11 and have always wanted to be a pilot

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Hammerite posted:

https://youtu.be/IcTP7YWPayU

Manic Mailman
Jul 2, 2004
Ghostbusters and Gremlins were released on the Same day.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Reagan signed the poo poo that kicked off CIA interfering in Nicaragua. You know, the first steps in totally destroying America? You're welcome!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Big Beef City posted:

Well that would make you Heraclitus of Ephesus, which I find doubtful because I didn't know you were given to vampirism or other forms of immortality.

some people found the name 'heraclitus' to be funny for some reason so i changed it

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
United States researchers announce their discovery of the AIDS virus.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

The 63 Building officially opens as the tallest skyscraper outside of North America in Yeouido, Seoul, South Korea.[8]

apparently still the tallest gold-clad structure, great job clinging to fame there

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The Summer Olympics were NOT boycotted by a nation for the first time since Munich ‘72.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

The 63 Building officially opens as the tallest skyscraper outside of North America in Yeouido, Seoul, South Korea.[8]

apparently still the tallest gold-clad structure, great job clinging to fame there

Oh so donald trump's threats to north korea are just jealousy and mistaken geography

PTSDeedly Do
Nov 24, 2014

VOID-DOME LOSER 2020

NATO started bombing serbs (In Bosnia)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The Morris worm or Internet worm of November 9, 1988, was one of the first computer worms distributed via the Internet, and the first to gain significant mainstream media attention. It also resulted in the first felony conviction in the US under the 1986 Computer Fraud and Abuse Act.[1] It was written by a graduate student at Cornell University, Robert Tappan Morris, and launched on November 2, 1988, from the computer systems of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.