Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Retro Futurist posted:

So what you're saying is Spoonsy is town and you're scum trying to look good here for when he flips?

You felt iffy yesterday and then this distancing post felt super off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Retro Futurist posted:

You felt iffy yesterday and then this distancing post felt super off

For context here is the post Opop is talking about.

SalTheBard posted:

This is a very yikeseroo post for me, but what is more interesting to me was how quickly people were like "Lets cuddle this person!" it seems very opportunistic IMHO. To be clear I'm not defending Spoonsy's post in the slightest, I just feel like the quick change, especially in peoples votes are a little O_o.

Where in that post did I say I thought Spoonsy was town? I was pointing out how quickly people just jumped on Spoonsy.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I was also willing to vote Spoonsy to prevent a no lynch so it's not like I was taking a stand like tpink and refusing to vote for a D1 cuddle.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

SalTheBard posted:

I was also willing to vote Spoonsy to prevent a no lynch so it's not like I was taking a stand like tpink and refusing to vote for a D1 cuddle.

tpink posted:

Yeah, as I said, I find D1 very very hard personally in part because I never remember how other people "normally" post or what their meta is, so I virtually never have this "oh he/she is not playing as their usual town style" the way that many other people do. That said, I don't love Spoons' post either and if it comes down to a no-lynch situation, I will hammer to avoid having a D2 where we have no flips, because to me that just continues the bad part of D1 where there's no real stuff to pin down or point to with the knowledge of who flipped how and who voted for whom.

tpink posted:

I'll hammer a couple of minutes ahead of the deadline to play it safe, just to give people a heads-up and make sure I don't inadvertently cut off any real discussion.

Please don't misrepresent my posts and positions! :argh:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Retro Futurist posted:

Yes, it is my vote. Here you are.

That's kind of an unhelpful response to say the least. If you're going to vote for someone, it doesn't do much good if you don't even bother explaining why.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

tpink posted:

I’m pretty much not voting anyone today outside of a hardcore scum slip. :shrug:

That is not at all what this post said.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

tpink posted:

That's kind of an unhelpful response to say the least. If you're going to vote for someone, it doesn't do much good if you don't even bother explaining why.

RF is consistently unhelpful and super scummy in every single game I've ever played with him. I will vote him until he flips scum.

With regards to Sal, the response to my question was super defensive. But it's sal so ya know.

tpink posted:

Please don't misrepresent my posts and positions! :argh:

lol hmm

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

SalTheBard posted:

For context here is the post Opop is talking about.

Where in that post did I say I thought Spoonsy was town? I was pointing out how quickly people just jumped on Spoonsy.

Yes that’s why it’s hedgy and bad

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

tpink posted:

Good thing I followed it up with further explanation then, an hour before you made this post!

Toalpaz posted:

RF is consistently unhelpful and super scummy in every single game I've ever played with him. I will vote him until he flips scum

I am very helpful but I will grant you I come off as scummy often. I do have a pretty good track record at catching scum though

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I won’t vote RF today still, I think this is normal town play from him thus far

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Toalpaz posted:

RF is consistently unhelpful and super scummy in every single game I've ever played with him. I will vote him until he flips scum.

this logic is like betting on the washington generals over the globetrotters every time because they've gotta be due lol

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I have reread, and there’s one player whose posts make it sound like they knew Spoons was town...

First there’s this, when Spoons starts to pick up heat. Notice “feels” and “kind of”. Not an alignment call, just a gentle suspicion about the vote.

JOHN CENA posted:

Spoonsy vote feels weird. Kind of reads like an overreaction. Dunno if i like it but i'll vote him if its to secure a lunch.

This then morphs slightly to “I don’t like his post either, but it’s suss that people voted him for it”

JOHN CENA posted:

even though people piled on though this post does suck too. i hate "[reads thread]" stuff because you should probably do that before voting on day of deadline anyway.

im feeling split here.

Even when he does eventually vote, he feed he has to couch it in language that expresses his reluctance.

JOHN CENA posted:

im gonna ##vote spoonsy to ensure a lunch.

And after the vote, when Spoons is at -1 with an hour and a half to go, he is still showing us how he doesn’t like the execution.

JOHN CENA posted:

guts bugging me here.

I think JC knew Spoons would flip town, his posts around the execution and vote have a really performative feel to them about making a show of begrudgingly doing it to avoid a no lunch without actually going so far as to make an alignment call and sticking to it.

##Vote JC

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Sal is also ostensibly reluctant about the Spoons execution.

SalTheBard posted:

This is a very yikeseroo post for me, but what is more interesting to me was how quickly people were like "Lets cuddle this person!" it seems very opportunistic IMHO. To be clear I'm not defending Spoonsy's post in the slightest, I just feel like the quick change, especially in peoples votes are a little O_o.

RF even noted this one at the time as looking likely scum trying to distance themselves from a mislunch. I find the “I’m not defending him
In the slightest” really powerfully self-conscious of Sal not wanting to look like he has inside knowledge of Spoons’ alignment.

SalTheBard posted:

I don't think 27 minutes is enough time to organize a cuddle elsewhere (although I would probably be pushing for Humalong if that was the case). I will only vote Spoonsy if a no lynch is inevitable.

More forced posting about his reluctance to execute Spoons.

I would be completely unsurprised if Sal and JC were scum together and the masons thing were a dumb gambit.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

The earlier series of posts where Sal misrepresents Tpink’s deadline posting and tries to claim that his early D1 posts invalidate the very clear “I am here, I’ll vote to hammer” are really damning

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

weak omgus from scum there

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

wild that i thought that a vote that was piled on very quickly that i only made when it was -3 turned out to be town. almost like i was trying to signal to other people, hey, maybe lets not rush a vote on this guy. weird. maybe i thought scum was somewhere in the votes for spoonsy.

i'll be blunt with it, the players i do not like are sandwolf, hal, siv, and sci, in that order.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

JOHN CENA posted:

almost like i was trying to signal to other people, hey, maybe lets not rush a vote on this guy. weird.

Except that's not really what you did. You dithered on actually making an alignment call and said you simultaneously didn't like Spoonsy's posting but also didn't like the votes against him. It looks to me like you knew he was town but didn't want to give the game away by actually saying "no, let's not execute this guy, he's town"

When I read your posts, I don't see someone who thinks Spoonsy is town and is trying to stop the town mislunching. I see someone who knows Spoonsy is town and wants to make a show of the fact that they think it's a mislunch while actually doing nothing to prevent it.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i didnt like one post by spoonsy. one bad post does not a scum make. also it was hours to go and the thread was extremely inactive by the time i laid down my vote, if you would have had any better ideas or alternatives i would have been glad to hear them.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

##vote Sandwolf

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Scientastic posted:

I would be completely unsurprised if Sal and JC were scum together and the masons thing were a dumb gambit.

I don't do gambits

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

JOHN CENA (1): Scientastic
Sandwolf (1): JOHN CENA
Mr. Humalong (1): SalTheBard, JOHN CENA, JOHN CENA
SalTheBard (1): JOHN CENA, JOHN CENA, Retro Futurist

Not Voting (7): cheese sandwich, Hal Incandenza, Mr. Humalong, Sandwolf, spacing in vienna, Toalpaz, tpink

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 14th, 2020 at 9 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 2 days, 14 hours.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Hello

JOHN CENA posted:

##vote sal

SalTheBard posted:

##vote humalong feel better about this one

JOHN CENA posted:

oh gotcha

##vote humalong

Bad.

Toalpaz posted:

I wish scum had killed me.

Me too.

JOHN CENA posted:

im not voting sal.

Lol

SalTheBard posted:

Where have I said I don't think Cena is scummy? Part of my reluctance to give deep reads and insight comes from my general distrust of unconfirmed masonries. I view an unconfirmed masonry as a place to bullshit about life instead of have deep game discussions. l was in a confirmed masonry maybe for the first time a few months ago and there I did engage in game talk because I could trust that my partners motivations were inline with my own.

You play mafia in such a bizarre way.

SalTheBard posted:

Do you?SDRT^7

Yes, Wolfie does. I went back and reread him.

SalTheBard posted:

Hum said "I want to vote Sal" then when that didn't gain any traction he just swapped his vote to Spoonsy with little justification. I think if Hum had put in even the most basic work he probably could've gotten me cuddled yesterday, but instead he went with the easy vote.

This is an insane misread and makes me feel like you aren’t even reading the thread.

SalTheBard posted:

I'm at least providing justification for my vote unlike say Humalong who just shifted their vote willy nilly as the wind blew.

See above.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Humalong posted:

yeah that seems scummy as all hell

willing to swap to Spoonsy today, still prefer Sal

For Sal’s benefit, here’s exactly where I voiced my opinion on Spoonsy yesterday. Then three hours before deadline I moved my vote as Spoonsy was -2, Sal only had two votes on him, and the thread was moving at a glacial pace.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

For Sal’s benefit, here’s exactly where I voiced my opinion on Spoonsy yesterday. Then three hours before deadline I moved my vote as Spoonsy was -2, Sal only had two votes on him, and the thread was moving at a glacial pace.

Yes, this is why Sal’s case was not compelling. I wasn’t sure of the exact timeline, but swapping to the vote leader late in the day does t require you to generate a new case or make a last ditch effort to move people to you preferred vote. It’s such a standard mafia play that I think Sal is scummy for coming up with this as his one read on who’s scum.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Interesting that the scum team chose an active poster, but not the most active poster. Did people have a general town read on Bif? I felt pretty neutral on her.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

JOHN CENA posted:

i didnt like one post by spoonsy. one bad post does not a scum make. also it was hours to go and the thread was extremely inactive by the time i laid down my vote, if you would have had any better ideas or alternatives i would have been glad to hear them.

See like this is the same as Humalong but Sal seems fine with JC

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yes, this is why Sal’s case was not compelling. I wasn’t sure of the exact timeline, but swapping to the vote leader late in the day does t require you to generate a new case or make a last ditch effort to move people to you preferred vote. It’s such a standard mafia play that I think Sal is scummy for coming up with this as his one read on who’s scum.

Yeah one of the two of them is scum (JC and Sal). I’m not sure which one just yet, because they’re both doing rather scummy things.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

Interesting that the scum team chose an active poster, but not the most active poster. Did people have a general town read on Bif? I felt pretty neutral on her.

I thought she seemed pretty solidly town in her blustery bif way

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I feel good about Toal and Hal. Would not vote either of them today.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I'm good with my vote.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

SalTheBard posted:

That is not at all what this post said.

You are doubling down on a bad post - that post you're quoting is from early D1, and as we actually got closer to the deadline, I said very clearly that I'd vote to avoid a no-lynch and explained why. I quoted and bolded the relevant parts even, and you are still pretending like those other posts never happened. Weird.

##vote SalTheBard

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Retro Futurist posted:

Good thing I followed it up with further explanation then, an hour before you made this post!

My bad, I somehow totally glazed over that second post when I responded to your earlier one.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Scientastic posted:

Sal is also ostensibly reluctant about the Spoons execution.

RF even noted this one at the time as looking likely scum trying to distance themselves from a mislunch. I find the “I’m not defending him
In the slightest” really powerfully self-conscious of Sal not wanting to look like he has inside knowledge of Spoons’ alignment.

More forced posting about his reluctance to execute Spoons.

And reading this makes me like Sal's posts even less.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Mr. Humalong posted:

I thought Bif was town but I always tend to.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

JOHN CENA posted:

I'm good with my vote.

If you can’t put literally any argument behind it why do you think it will convince anyone?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Humalong posted:

Yeah one of the two of them is scum (JC and Sal). I’m not sure which one just yet, because they’re both doing rather scummy things.

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I do kind of love the idea of JC and Sal both being scum pulling a gambit, but I'm not sold on JC being scum at this time

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

JOHN CENA posted:

i'll be blunt with it, the players i do not like are sandwolf, hal, siv, and sci, in that order.

It’s just crazy to me that this is his list of scum when apart from the Sci stuff he’s barely mentioned these people as scummy.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Retro Futurist posted:

I do kind of love the idea of JC and Sal both being scum pulling a gambit, but I'm not sold on JC being scum at this time

He’s bringing much different energy to the game day 2 than he did day 1. I can’t explain it any better than that, but something feels off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mr. Humalong posted:

He’s bringing much different energy to the game day 2 than he did day 1. I can’t explain it any better than that, but something feels off.

Do you think he switched alignments last night or something? Otherwise I'm not sure what that means.