Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I dunno, probably not voting JC with all the effort he's put in even if the directions he's pushing in are like, wild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

One question I'd like to ask myself is: Is it scumalong?

If you were winning at internet forum mafia would you just walk away for 2 irl days?? Maybe? Does that mean he's comfortable with the way today has been going? Maybe? Is it more likely he's taken a brief break from something awful? Perhaps?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

##vote TPink

Its probaby tpink. They're around. Their content is snipey and has low depth. I don't have a good read of them and I don't know if they personally have pushed hard on anyone.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Retro Futurist posted:

"ok I'm keeping my thunderdome with Sandwolf despite never once explaining why I think he's scum, but I'm willing to move to hum without stating why he's scum just as long as Sandwolf makes a case in anyone else.

Anyway here's a giant case in SiV who I'm apparently not willing to vote for"

:psyduck: what?
sir wanted to know why I suspect her, I posted why.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

siv not sir, auto correct.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

JOHN CENA posted:

sir wanted to know why I suspect her, I posted why.

Ok but maybe you could do that for the guy you've been voting for 2 days?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I did, Read My Posts

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

JOHN CENA posted:

I did, Read My Posts

Unfortunately I have been.

For real though I just went back to see if I missed anything and your first mention is saying you always think Sandwolf is scum and asking bif to explain why they think he is too, then nothing for a while until you mention him again with no substance and then call a thunderdome.

Your siv post clearly shows that your capable of actually making a case, but you've done nothing of the sort for sandwolf

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3933509&pagenumber=17&perpage=40#post507251916

dude.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh ok, missed that one

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I actually thought your case on SiV wasn't bad JC.

I am currently thinking it is at least one of SiV/Sci, they're insistence on encouraging the same logic of thinking we had yesterday makes me feel like they are scum who thought they'd be able to pull a chain lunch and are trying to push that along.

I don't want to vote tpink/Cena today and I still think I feel good about RF

I am also suspicious of Hum/Toal because I do feel like they're flying under the radar well here.

Also the Awful app broke on my phone so I don't know, I played most of my mafia there, I'm working on it.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

OOOOOH everyone with BIG PLANS this Sunday evening, you petit-bourgeoisie swine

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

OOOOOH everyone with BIG PLANS this Sunday evening, you petit-bourgeoisie swine

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I have been tied up with non-online things over the weekend, sorry. Will review and pick back up tomorrow.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Opop and I are starting a program

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Opop and Sandwolf in the eeevvveeeening!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Man this feels like a really long day, especially mid game.

I’d go jc or cheese at this point. Now that I’ve actually read JC’s siv case it’s actually not terrible, but I hadn’t really suspected siv before that so I’m kind of meh on it

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
Ok, I'll get to JC's case in a minute, but first. A couple of people have either said or hinted that they think it's scummy of me to be pushing the same scum vibes I had yesterday.

Why?

I said yesterday that I thought there was scum in the masonry, and that I thought it was JC, whereas Sal was probably town.

Sal flipping town doesn't make it any less likely to me that JC is scum, because I never thought it was a scum-scum gambit. I thought it was a townie-scum pairing. I thought Sal was likely going to flip town, and he did.

Why does someone flipping town that I thought would flip town mean I have to change my mind about who I think scum is? I do not understand that in the slightest.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote Spacing in vienna

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

What it, SiV, there wasn’t scum in the masonry though? Then what?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

You're voting me because I disagree with you about whether there's scum in the masonry?

Okay, then.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

I mean, I get that you are hinting that you have reason to believe that JC isn't scum, but me not changing my mind based on Sal's flip isn't insane, here.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

I actually thought your case on SiV wasn't bad JC.

I am currently thinking it is at least one of SiV/Sci, they're insistence on encouraging the same logic of thinking we had yesterday makes me feel like they are scum who thought they'd be able to pull a chain lunch and are trying to push that along.

I don't want to vote tpink/Cena today and I still think I feel good about RF

I am also suspicious of Hum/Toal because I do feel like they're flying under the radar well here.

Also the Awful app broke on my phone so I don't know, I played most of my mafia there, I'm working on it.

Again: I didn't think Sal was scum, and said so. It's not a chain lunch to want candidate B, and then after A flips, still want B.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I'm not replying to JC's huge post because I'm on mobile and fuuuck that. So here are a few bits.

1) it's not a terrible case. I can actually see him believing it, and thinking it out. I'm slightly less scum on him because of it. It's wrong, but it doesn't feel forced or like he's shoving facts to fit his conclusion.

2) the bit JC said about regret -- that I sounded like I was sorry to have made cheese tied for vote leader -- isn't quite what I meant.

I voted cheese, then Toal said:

Toalpaz posted:

I dunno, we have like pages and pages of content on JC and Sal and Hum and Sandwolf and only a few hard calls on Cheese. I'd rather we sort out JC and Sal.

Of them I think Sal has been handwaving away the fact that his original reasoning was full of holes and seemed artificial, by not responding to comments involving that. I think the shift to Cheese has been fairly easy and it makes me suspicious on that count, but idk I don't have a strong cheese comment. I think cheese made a town read on me which was weird because I haven't said much this entire game.

I don't get SIV's vote on cheese with no reasoning, putting him as a vote leader with no content for when he flips whatever.

I went outside for over 1 hour for the first time in months of covid time and it was nice today. I got sunburned and my eyes hurt even with sunglasses on it was so bright.

##vote sal

I got the vibe that toal thought I was being sneaky somehow, just dropping a vote onto someone and bringing them up to tie the current vote leader without acknowledging that I had done so, or even given much by way of reasoning. (I had mentioned Sci's casing but hadn't outright tied it to cheese, which I didn't realize I hadn't done until I reread.) So my post:

spacing in vienna posted:

I didn't realize that brought cheese up to tie Sal. Votefinder isn't updating in the OP.

Cheese's no content mess looks bad. I like Sci's case. I like either cheese or JC for scum, but since JC wants thunderdome I don't think we should do it, which I acknowledged was childish. Sorry if I didn't spell that out more explicitly.

Is trying to say three things:

1) Sorry that I didn't point out that cheese is now tied for vote leader; I didn't actually realize that, because votefinder hates mobile.

2) my reference to sci was meant to refer to my reasoning for cheese.

3) also, I don't think Sal is scum and don't feel like going along with JC's thunderdome, so I'm fine with my vote.

I wasn't expressing regret for voting cheese, though I see where you can misread it that way. I was apologizing kinda sorta for being unclear, and for not stating outright that the two were now tied, because I hadn't realized that was the case.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I mean, I get that you are hinting that you have reason to believe that JC isn't scum, but me not changing my mind based on Sal's flip isn't insane, here.

I’m really not hinting at that so I’m confused why you’d say this, it feels like it’s tryna get out ahead of things. Also, that’s a lot of posts as soon as I put a vote down on you.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
(continued responses to JC)

3) JC accused me of lying when I said he had called me scum without casing me or giving reasons, but either I missed it entirely or that's true prior to this case. He made offhand references putting me in lists of who he thought were scum, "oh, and SiV," but not "SiV because she is doing XYZ" or anything like that.

4) I really wish everyone would stop repeating the crap that I said Sal is a dumb naive baby who was manipulated by evil JC because all I said was that I thought JC was scum and Sal was seeing a bit from his POV because of the masonry. I even went back and stated that outright somewhere, that that wasn't a dig at Sal in any way. Here:

I think you took it differently than I meant it. I wasn't saying JC is a dark manipulator and you're an innocent wide eyed child. But when you talk to someone outside the game, their POV starts to influence yours.

You two are very in synch, but curiously reluctant to talk about how or why you got on the same page, or even why you suspect some of the people that you do. When pressed, you insist you haven't talked that much about the game, yet your reads keep aligning. It's odd from an outside perspective. I think we're trying to understand better what's going on.

I have been the townie in a town-scum masonry, and while I knew it was unconfirmed and knew my partner could be scum, I also didn't really think he was, because it was Hal and Hal is cool peeps. Hal being cool doesn't mean he can't be scum, and he was, but I keep discounting it in my mind. Hell, I almost softclaimed to him about being a town PR, which would have really hosed town. It happens.

So casting it like that is pissing me off.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

I’m really not hinting at that so I’m confused why you’d say this, it feels like it’s tryna get out ahead of things. Also, that’s a lot of posts as soon as I put a vote down on you.

No that's a lot of posts when I finally dragged my sorry rear end off the Nintendo switch and came back to the thread like I meant to an hour ago. I said I'd reply to JC in a minute, I just took my sweet rear end time.

I got bridges to pay for, y'all.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

Oh. Okay. I legit thought you were softclaiming some kind of result today; the way you are adamantly against anyone voting JC made me wonder if you got something that cleared him.

I didn't want to call attention to it at first in case scum hadn't caught on, but Sci hinted back so I figured it was probably out in the open by now.

If you're just rethinking things based on Sal's flip, that's fine, but I expected Sal to flip town, so not much has changed on my end the way it has on yours.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I don’t like JC’s case against SiV: not only is SiV one of my strongest town reads this game, but I think JC is wilfully misinterpreting what I saw as a throwaway joke about the masonry being a scum doc.

He points back at this one post as being evidence of SiV lying about thinking both JC and Sal are scum, but if that were a serious thing that SiV really thought and was trying to push, I’d think there’d be more evidence than one jokey post.

I don’t buy it, and I think the case is forced.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Sandwolf posted:

I can see why SiV thought you were hinting at something: I did too. If that’s not what’s going on and you just have strong feelings that JC isn’t scum, then I will continue to judge by his posting, which is actively scummy.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I also now want to know what the basis of those strong feelings is, because I felt you were softclaiming: if that’s not what you’re doing, you must have some other basis for refusing to vote JC, and I just don’t see one.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Scientastic posted:

I don’t like JC’s case against SiV: not only is SiV one of my strongest town reads this game, but I think JC is wilfully misinterpreting what I saw as a throwaway joke about the masonry being a scum doc.

He points back at this one post as being evidence of SiV lying about thinking both JC and Sal are scum, but if that were a serious thing that SiV really thought and was trying to push, I’d think there’d be more evidence than one jokey post.

I don’t buy it, and I think the case is forced.

what about the rest of the case, you know cherry picking season ended back in June, right?

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

JOHN CENA posted:

what about the rest of the case, you know cherry picking season ended back in June, right?

Well, this is a disingenuous comment, because pointing out misrepresentation and forced deductions isn't cherry picking, it's showing that there is an attempt to manipulate events/posts to fit your narrative. If your case was good and townie, you wouldn't be drawing the conclusion you draw about SiV's jokey post, because you wouldn't need to. Because it's a bad and scummy case, you do, because you think it adds weight to your supposed argument for those people who aren't really paying attention.

I did start going into your case point by point, but it very quickly became a mess of quotes and unquotes and I got very confused. I even got out of bed and booted up my computer, but it was still a mess. I am happy to summarise, though:

Your case on SiV relies in large part on a CONSPIRACY that she posted about literally once. You even accuse her of LYING about thinking you and Sal were scum pulling a gambit based on this post. It's really forced.

Another significant strand also relies on assuming that SW is scum: you call on this several times, pointing out that she challenged your scumread on SW and asked you to put together a proper case. This is bad because it assumes the alignment of one player to make an alignment call about another, which is really dangerous and outuright scummy. Once again, this line of reasoning is incredibly forced.

Finally, you make a big deal about calling for THUNDERDOME, and it is terrible. You flipping town wouldn't cause some elaborate house-of-cards to come crashing down, destroying SiV's scum-narrative of the game and the scum masonry. Firstly, because your play has been actively scummy, so in the extraordinarily unlikely event that you flipped town, all a savvy SiV or SW scum player would have to do is move on from it without comment. Secondly, because there is no elaborate conspiracy that you and Sal were scum playing a gambit: Sal was executed for being scummy, you should be executed for being scummy. That we were wrong about Sal doesn't mean you're not scum. The thunderdome thing is another example of your incredibly performative and hubristic posting, with this big show being made of your willingness to be executed to help the town win.

In short, your case is bad. Not stupid bad, but forced bad. Looking at your points one by one, it is even clearer that you are trying to gin something up out of nothing. Town players don't need to do that, they look at posting and make an honest assessment of posts on their merits (or lack of). You are looking at posting with an eye to getting someone executed, and are forcing posts to fit your pre-existing assessment.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Doing this made me also have a quick reread of JC's Sandwolf case. I remember it being bad, and rereading it just confirmed this. It's hollow and without substance. It is exactly the sort of case scum makes when they have been shouting about a read they have and patience runs thin on them not producing a case. It is extremely forced and relies on assuming SW is scum to ascribe scum motivations to his posting. Actually nothing that JC cites in favour of his case is really scummy.

I don't think I can reiterate this enough: read JC's posting and try to see a town motive for any of it. It's loving impossible, he's played the entire game in the scummiest way possible, and looking back, it's a miracle that he wasn't executed days ago. We should have called his bluff on the dichotomy he set up.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

lol you're the only one harping on my observation of her having a hypocritical post, that *could* be explained as a joke. i can see it very clearly being a joke. but she still posted it so it means the thought did in fact cross her mind. I also explained where I think siv could be town. how you can say my case is bad but you keep circling to the same point and not touch anything else shows you're arguing in bad faith and want to discredit me, but not actually get me executed because you know me flipping town ruins your entire argument. you all game long will discredit me but never try to actually get me lunched, because you are a coward.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

JOHN CENA posted:

never try to actually get me lunched, because you are a coward.

I've cased you, I'm voting for you and I'm actively advising others to do the same, stop insulting the thread's intelligence with this bullshit

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Scientastic posted:

I've cased you, I'm voting for you and I'm actively advising others to do the same, stop insulting the thread's intelligence with this bullshit

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Speaking of cherry picking, I would like to reiterate my challenge to the rest of the town to find a single post in JC's history that reads with a clear town motivation that advances us towards winning the game. I maintain that it can't be done.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i called for it yesterday but you felt cheese fuckin sandwich was a better case to try to build traction on, no offense cheese sandwich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Scientastic posted:

Speaking of cherry picking, I would like to reiterate my challenge to the rest of the town to find a single post in JC's history that reads with a clear town motivation that advances us towards winning the game. I maintain that it can't be done.

i agree and also call everyone to do this. because all of my posts are my own theorizing with root explained and intent clearly spelled out and plenty of disclaimers of "this is how the post reads to me, this is what i think is happening" while scientastic is more than happy to pick only PARTS of posts to highlight bad parts like some kind of really bad british tabloid. posting with a presumption of guilt rather than innocence because its easier to look for things to defame and tune out parts that are town when you only take segments of posts, and better yet, you tell people "this is exactly what the post means and if you construe it any other way, you're not town" as opposed to trying to look at posts from varying perspectives. even wolfie im softening up on a little bit because he's starting to engage with different people more (i still think he stinks though!). siv asked why i suspected her of being scum, i posted my case which also included a lot of things sal had previously pointed out in our masonry (like sivs comment that i influence his opinions, that comment really soured him on her and not just from an emotional place but from a "why would a town person say this" place because it only serves to cast doubt on a player's credibility. this was more sal's theorizing and postulating than my own. he opened the door and i went down the hallway.)

the next people im going to case are tpink, because siv has scumread them and i find value in all posts, even from people i suspect, because i could be wrong. who knows it could lead me to scum! the other person i will be casing is mr humalong. these aren't the only people im going to case, just the next two.