Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
You obviously had some time for flavour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Yeah I'm signing up :cool:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

The day one policy execution is to execute SPoonsy because it is my policy to execute scum day one.

##vote sponnesy

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

Look we all agree, of course, that you Lunch All Liars. The title of this thread is very straightforward, a simple decree, stated with such certainty as to be the first thing one sees when they find this thread.

But alas, I have received flavor, you, my friends, have received flavor. This mean but one thing.

We must kill Amnistar.

##shoot Amnistar

Amnistar please modkill this heathen.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

Has anyone played mafia yet because this game is awesome.

lol

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Mr. Humalong posted:

Girl gets new potted plant. She’s happy.

Wakes up next morning, bulb of plant is at bottom of her bed. There’s soil everywhere. She knows who did this. She knows why.

:chaostrump::discourse::dogbutton:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Scientastic posted:

Fall Guys looks like a game for children?

its a game for diabetics.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

its a game for diabetics.

wait no.. i thought rich evans did it

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

lmao

This has been a real good jokephase but I'm just gonna try and take a swipe at it

I'm always super suspicious for real whenever Hal agrees with me about anything, but especially a super early jokephase vote that he had no real reason to build on

##vote Hal

##vote hal I can't believe Hal would do this thing.

I will not vote Bif today.

Bif is the first person on my town core. Or corp.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Retro Futurist posted:

Town hal always thinks I’m scum based on nothing whatsoever, and he hasn’t called me out yet today, so he’s prob scum QED

noice job calling hal scum but dodging the third vote. :aaaaa:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

It feels like scum is trying very hard to control the narrative of this conversation and I don't like it... Does town have anything to say...?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Im pretty sure... JC is an executioner. There's no way we should execute him.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Mr. Humalong posted:

I’m not reading any of this poo poo

god bless

That being said the JC case has no merit. And JC's case on bif. Because he's not town.

Out of all the vote movement I will have to pick SCI for being the third vote as most scummiest. And Sandwolf's wordless vote on Spoonsey as second most scummiest.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Scientastic posted:

Oh

##Vote Toalpaz

Rumbled.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Is there such a thing as a scum slap fight?

Also I didn't seem to miss much lol. Who are we killing today friends? I will vote with whomever TPink wants, so I need a TPink case. ##unvote

I think I jokingly called bif town earlier but I appreciate the effort she's putting forth even if it ends up with calling people idiots.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Mr. Humalong posted:

weird of you to skate over Sal's scum claim

:eyepop:

##vote sal

policy vote

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

Not you too Forums Mafia Superstar Toalpaz :-(

Ok I'm getting serious after this post. Joke phase is over

my vote is a joke vote. i think if you're in a masonry you and your partner should get the chance to suss each other out.

:shobon:

##unvote

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

##vote tpink

Basically for saying that they're unwilling to vote anyone day one. Sure it's low hanging fruit, but you should vote and case people day one and it's just as easy for scum to use as an excuse to hide.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

tpink posted:

What if...my lurking on D1 is a honeypot to attract scum votes who see an easy target for a D1 lynch?

Okay who voting you is scum then?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I wish scum had killed me.

tpink posted:

drat, this is the second game in a row I had with Bif where she gets offed as town super early on. That sucks.

:tinfoil:

This is scum gloating right?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Okay masonry, what's the hum case. I like his end of day play.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

tpink posted:

That's kind of an unhelpful response to say the least. If you're going to vote for someone, it doesn't do much good if you don't even bother explaining why.

RF is consistently unhelpful and super scummy in every single game I've ever played with him. I will vote him until he flips scum.

With regards to Sal, the response to my question was super defensive. But it's sal so ya know.

tpink posted:

Please don't misrepresent my posts and positions! :argh:

lol hmm

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I dunno, we have like pages and pages of content on JC and Sal and Hum and Sandwolf and only a few hard calls on Cheese. I'd rather we sort out JC and Sal.

Of them I think Sal has been handwaving away the fact that his original reasoning was full of holes and seemed artificial, by not responding to comments involving that. I think the shift to Cheese has been fairly easy and it makes me suspicious on that count, but idk I don't have a strong cheese comment. I think cheese made a town read on me which was weird because I haven't said much this entire game.

I don't get SIV's vote on cheese with no reasoning, putting him as a vote leader with no content for when he flips whatever.

I went outside for over 1 hour for the first time in months of covid time and it was nice today. I got sunburned and my eyes hurt even with sunglasses on it was so bright.

##vote sal

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Retro Futurist posted:

JC doesn't look great right now but my mod brain is telling me there's no way that in a game with one 2-man masonry it's as simple as town/scum.

You were voting sal right? Did you really think sal was doing a gambit with JC and they were both scum or what?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I'm going to reread the game because I haven't been following along as much as I should be.

buuut,

it does strike me as absurd setup spec to see this flip and say 'JC is town' because of it. It's fine if you have your own read of JC, but the way that RF phrased his statement sounded like:

Retro Futurist posted:

JC doesn't look great right now but my mod brain is telling me there's no way that in a game with one 2-man masonry it's as simple as town/scum.

and then on the subject of whether sal and JC were both scum:

Retro Futurist posted:

I'd mentioned as a possibility but was never fully sold on it, no.

So what I'm getting from this is when RF voted sal he: Didn't believe there was 1 scum in the masonry. He also didn't believe there were 2 scum in the masonry.

Why vote sal at all, especially in light of the flip when JC is so willing to vote his mason bud? Did that information mean nothing to you then? I just don't understand this rational.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

The one thing I like about internet mafia... that I've come to realize..... is that you can actually win internet arguments sometimes. There's also always a satisfying ending even if it's a tragedy.

:sigh:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I dunno, probably not voting JC with all the effort he's put in even if the directions he's pushing in are like, wild.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

One question I'd like to ask myself is: Is it scumalong?

If you were winning at internet forum mafia would you just walk away for 2 irl days?? Maybe? Does that mean he's comfortable with the way today has been going? Maybe? Is it more likely he's taken a brief break from something awful? Perhaps?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

##vote TPink

Its probaby tpink. They're around. Their content is snipey and has low depth. I don't have a good read of them and I don't know if they personally have pushed hard on anyone.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Maybe there'll will be lurker penalties for people like them. Anyways that's kind of a ridiculous cop claim in such a vanilla game but I'll allow it for now seeing as how we should get your flip tonight at sandwolf.

##unvote

At the very least if we do a lurker lunch we'd want to hit the right one. But as long as they don't post for the next 24 hours it looks like they'd be modkilled.

If we believe sandwolf that leaves only:

Bifauxnen (she/her but I don't care if you gently caress it up )
cheese sandwich
Hal Incandenza (he/him/hal)
JOHN CENA (his) (not chat result)
Mr. Humalong (w/e)
Retro Futurist (He/him/opop)
SalTheBard (He and / or Them)
Sandwolf (He/Him) cop claim
Scientastic (he/him)
spacing in vienna (she, her)
Spoonsy (he/him/his)
Toalpaz (THEY THEM) (confirmed town)
tpink (not chat result)

Cheese should be modkilled,
Hum should be modkilled,

I'm town

Spacing, Scientastic, RF.

So I generally agree that Sandwolf is using rear end backwards logic to try and sus out who's scum and has had the whole 'everyone who's pushing JC today is scum trying to lunch town.' Which isn't very inspired reasoning. RF on the other hand is almost certainly scum so I'll just vote RF. ##vote rf

I will justify myself by making a case now.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Retro Futurist posted:

Opop and Sandwolf in the eeevvveeeening!

Retro Futurist posted:

Oh ok, missed that one

white noise

Retro Futurist posted:

Pretty much trying to decide how I feel about JC. I don't agree with his Vienna case, but it feels sincere, like he believes it.
I think my problem is, he feels genuine in the things that he's posting, I just disagree with pretty much all of them so it's hard to say that he's town, but I don't necessarily feel like he's lying?
I think I need to try a reread later tonight and do a lump and list, cuz there's also at least two or three people do I keep forgetting are in the game, and pretty safe bet there's at least one scum hiding in that mess

such hedging, almost like he knows JC is town and doesn't assume that JC is wrong because he's scum.

lets do it.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

spacing in vienna posted:

Note: if toal was right that my vote tied cheese and Sal, then they immediately stepped in to break the tie to push it to Sal. With reasoning that we should "sort out" Sal/JC, but is carefully neutral on cheese.

I think both of them are scummy, so now I'm wondering if this was scum toal trying to save scum cheese.

I tied it up, I didn't put sal in the lead fwiw.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

The first point being made by Toal here honestly gave me the impression of a threat. Not saying it was, but I do feel like the POV of that statement is from someone who’s aware how the scumteam is thinking.

I also don’t like how Toal is also advocating for modkills here. Unless you think Hum and Cheese are DEFINITELY scum, it is not in town’s best interests to have them MKed. This also feels like a scum POV leaking through the posts.

I'm clairvoyant like that.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

##vote Toal

As a thought exercise Sandwolf, if you had to guess who was going to be nk'd tonight who would it be?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Mr. Humalong posted:

mod just informed me that my results should have been the same for both nights

failed/unsuccessful

so i still believe there is a roleblocker or I've been made a comically inept doctor as a joke

I'm pretty sure JC won't be tunneling in on you with that claim why don't we play out the game. :)

Will you read my thoughts on RF and maybe vote RF with me. I think SiV has put a lot of effort in and I don't see that coming from a scum place, I feel like people have been pushing that lens on her analysis.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Mr. Humalong posted:

##vote RF

we found the scum counterclaim

##unvote

I just wanna chat it out for today and I dont plan on playing more tonight

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

##vote humalong

I had to make a tough call.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

:redhammer:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

gg? :butts:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Sub Rosa posted:

I get an obvious scum rush is dangerous, but scum could have ended this game many many days earlier and I thought them not doing so was pretty brutally unkind.

I really disagree with this. Scum rushes are kinda hokey and bad. I've only seen them like 5 or so times and 2 times it blew up on scum team because of night action mafia.

It may have been different for you because you knew the exact setup but one of our team mates is in like Australian hours and none of us were online at this same time, and from our perspective we had to assume there were balancing factors or unknown information because day 3 is fairly early for lylo.