Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did you go outside today?
Yes, I did!
No, I did not
I am a goon: what is outside
View Results

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Now in the time of COVID it's more important than ever that you, yes YOU! get outside. Any time you leave your house and go out in to the fresh air counts as going outside. Please use this thread to post how and when you went outside today!

Today I went outside because I had to mail a package that was too big to fit in the mailbox. It was pretty nice, in the low 80s, and a bit humid, nice and sunny. I saw a guy driving the wrong way down my one way street and another car honked at him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

I took a walk downtown with a friend and lapped the area. We chatted about relationships, politics, and local bars we wish were open. Took about an hour and a half! It was nice! But it was hot - like 90 something.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??
Went to the big open space where there are small stones (crazy small) all over the place (crazy amount of small stones) and it smells like crab-sticks.
There was also water, but like, really bad to drink. Don't drink that water guys.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i walked around my neighborhood a bit and checked to see if the dog on my block was out front so i could give him a carrot but he wasn't :/

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

I walked to work and am now walking home from work.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Oh, I rode my bike to work today for the first time! It was nice getting a breeze going on the way in but I'd preferred to be on my own with traffic coming home, especially as I didn't have a brake

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

I walked along the coast this morning and found a spot with some new birds, going to go back there tomorrow to try and id them

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

pointsofdata posted:

I walked along the coast this morning and found a spot with some new birds, going to go back there tomorrow to try and id them

Let us know what those """"birds"""" are. It could be the key to all this

The Strangest Finch
Nov 23, 2007

No work today, so walked to the library -- which is still closed but the walk is normally pretty nice. Except of course I'm in the deep south so it was somewhere north of 90 degrees out and felt like over-100.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
Teeeeeechnically not today but yesterday a friend who is a pilot asked my wife and I to be a staged tourist couple while they took some marketing photos for the seaplane company he works for. So we got to fly all day throughout the islands outside of seattle. It was super duper awesome.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
Fuckin' rode my bike outside today, so it was a good day.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I went grilling! for work!

I also got sunburned

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

RickRogers posted:

Let us know what those """"birds"""" are. It could be the key to all this

Long tailed tit and European serin I think. I was struggling a bit with the tit but then a plaid back one of the calls with Merlin and it was such a close match that I thought my phone was muted!

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Getting outside is most of my job, and it rules. gently caress sitting at a desk for 30 years, I'll be out getting fresh air / sunburned / rained on / frostbite, thank you very much.

Working night shift tonight, which means I get to see all kinds of neat little critters.

Saw a poo poo ton of white moths hatching:

Spotted this cute lil dude moving out of his first apartment:

And, found a bunch of Angry Sharpbutts failing to socially distance properly. For shame!

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

pointsofdata posted:

I was struggling a bit with the tit

I am taking notes.

Nothing but angry buzzards where I went today.

Just socially distancing like a pro here.

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Mountain biked this morning at 5:40 - 7:10. Good times. Also walked my dog around 9. I will take him out a few more times. Having a dog is key in the time of Covid.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

I decided to go out to the mountains with a friend. Three hours later and it's pouring rain at the campsite and I forgot the rain fly at home. And my headlamp. And we can't start a fire because everything is soaked.

Anyway it's nice and gorgeous here and we have internet and it's great company but WHOOPS.

Balogna Head
Oct 3, 2013

I'm starting to worry that farts may never not be hilarious.
It was my eldest's birthday today (big five!) so we spent a few hours in the nearby park. We played street hockey, argued about what the whale pokemon is called (we were both right), and pretended to be Octonauts. We also saw the biggest bumblebee I have ever seen. It was solidly 3x the size of a normal, rotund bumbler.

I also took more pictures of the Sweet William that is apparently growing wild in the naturalization area. I get excited every time I find one.

Oh! And the littlest went in the sandbox for the first time.

Balogna Head fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jul 24, 2020

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Yesterday I went outside and sat on a blanket in the yard with some appropriately socially distanced friends on the other side. We tried to see the comet but it was too cloudy. It was a nice evening but the bugs were out in force.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

novaSphere posted:

I decided to go out to the mountains with a friend. Three hours later and it's pouring rain at the campsite and I forgot the rain fly at home. And my headlamp. And we can't start a fire because everything is soaked.

Anyway it's nice and gorgeous here and we have internet and it's great company but WHOOPS.

Calvin's dad: novaSphere is such a lucky goon

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Hi mods, I voted "no" but then I rode my bike down to REI to get some socks can you change my vote to yes please?

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010
I went outside a lot farther than I have in many months today, saw a nice waterfall, and took a picture of this sneaky bird:

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Today I went outside to go to the barber shop.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
My wife and I went to Paradise at Mt. Rainier for a short hike. There were too many people, and way too many people not wearing masks or trying to socially distance. We also acknowledged that we were also two among the throngs of people. TBH, the biggest annoyance was people ignoring all the signs to stay on the path.
Here is a bathroom:

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

I love toilets with views.

I went outside yesterday to take the compost out.
Then I hid in the cool cellar and did woodworking.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Safety Dance posted:

Hi mods, I voted "no" but then I rode my bike down to REI to get some socks can you change my vote to yes please?

It has been done, but only because you are a wonderful poster. (You're all wonderful posters. 🥰)

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Aww, you're the best, Elmnt!

(rode out to a park in Brooklyn today because I've become obsessed with getting new squares on Veloviewer)

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
Hiked the last of a 30 mile backpacking trip through goat rocks wilderness today. I'm loving dead.

nadmonk
Nov 26, 2017

The spice must flow in and through me.
The fire will cleanse me body and soul.

Not today, but this weekend:
We went to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan (I live just south of the bridge) to get away and outside.

I was pretty impressed with how well most people were adhering to mask wearing and distancing. We didn't go into anyplace other than gas stations and one grocery store and always were masked up, so minimal contact.

Sauteed mushrooms and onions with venison tenderloin and Ore Dock Brewing's Berserker hazy IPA.

On some of the mountain bike trails near Marquette:

The beach at Little Presque Isle. I have never felt Lake Superior that warm.

Sunday we make a detour to Pictured Rocks at Chapel Rock. It was incredibly crowded. The parking lot is out in BFE for it and it's a few miles down a gravel road. The lot was filled and overflowed so far out onto the dirt road, it was about a third of a mile to the trail head.

Most people doing OK with distancing. Some wearing masks when passing others like we were.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Hey I was up there a couple weekends ago. Didn't even bother with Chapel Rock parking lot because it's always a disaster. People were good about masks and social distancing in Marquette, at least.

nadmonk
Nov 26, 2017

The spice must flow in and through me.
The fire will cleanse me body and soul.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Hey I was up there a couple weekends ago. Didn't even bother with Chapel Rock parking lot because it's always a disaster. People were good about masks and social distancing in Marquette, at least.

It was packed, but a little cooler and potentially drizzly, so I think that kept the crowds down. After Labor Day would probably be great.
I'm pretty sure 1/3 of the cars parked there had Illinois plates.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I went out for the mail, which had nothing interesting. Also went out to water the garden several times because it was hot, and harvested some basil and oregano for a nice white wine sauce tonight. Made whole wheat spaghetti with some garden tomatoes, smoked zucchini and broccoli as well as some store-bought mushrooms.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

I went trailrunning because today was a day that ends in "day"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I went out this morning for a walk just because, and this afternoon I have to go out again to drop off my vote by mail ballot!