Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Even though this thread is literally just a reddit down to the title being simply a link (lol) it's 1000% more readable. There should be an app that converts reddit threads to SA threads and automatically purges all the GBS 1.0 style comments (i.e. anything that receives an upvote)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Play posted:

Like, they look like memes.
less recognizable repeatable structure than memes. more like cat macros. human cat macros

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Shishkahuben posted:

What?

.... What???

he masturbated them

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
the title and caption to this one is "I could live to 1000 and I'll never be as funny as Dan Nielson"

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Mother loving WIZARD MASTER

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

the title and caption to this one is "I could live to 1000 and I'll never be as funny as Dan Nielson"

i read this in Slavoj Žižek's voice and it works

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Smirking_Serpent fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jan 30, 2021

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
how many of these are genuinely bad and how many were by twitter tryhards making them on purpose

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Continuity NIP posted:

how many of these are genuinely bad and how many were by twitter tryhards making them on purpose

dunno but they are amazing

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I hope and assume they’re all ironic because they’re all terrible

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

baw posted:

did he forget to include a joke

gary oldmans diary posted:

that was the only funny one you goon

I don't get it either :(

EDIT:Wait I think I get it? But it's not funny at all?

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Where is Tom Myers

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Where is Tom Myers

He’s in hospital, and you won’t believe what procedure he’s having done.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

this one honestly took me a little while to get and I had to reread it several times

the only way it could possibly work during actual standup would be if you just absolutely butchered the pronunciation of “agent”

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

EL BROMANCE posted:

lol... nearly had me! :tipshat:

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

this one got a actual laugh out of me :/

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

I’ve never felt actual rage at a joke before

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I’ve never felt actual rage at a joke before

it's a decent joke in a world where an "alady bond" is some kind of chemistry thing. :thunk:

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.
I had a friend in the stand up world who would go on to make small amounts of money doing it but in before that I met his stand up friends and they were the most aggressively smarmy people I've ever met

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo

Chrs posted:

Have you guys ever been to an amateur comedy night? Good lord they’re awful

I went to a local stand up comedy show, open mic. The last kid gave a horrible stand up routine. Towards the end you could feel him becoming hostile and angry towards the crowd. That's my favorite. When they become visibility angry and hostile at the crowd. But I also think anti-humor is really funny, so I live for people having negative reactions and bombing on stage.

zaepg fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jan 30, 2021

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt
ahyuck ... ahyuck ... gawrsh ... i'm stoned

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

You ever... You
You ever... Try to ask.. ask.. Ask a girl... If..if...if..
Oh God it's happening again *slow spreading patch of wetness grows on pants, comedian is sobbing*

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

these are starting to just piss me off. they are so goddamn terrible

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

this is very good. jack handey-esque

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Even though this thread is literally just a reddit down to the title being simply a link (lol) it's 1000% more readable. There should be an app that converts reddit threads to SA threads and automatically purges all the GBS 1.0 style comments (i.e. anything that receives an upvote)

I literally don't understand how anyone enjoys a model like Twitter or Reddit

My partner uses a third party site to make twitter readable the gently caress

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

this dude doesn't know how sports are played

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Most of these are legally jokes in that they have a set-up and a punch line, but the rest are just like stuff you'd say in a dream and then when you woke up realize it makes no sense.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I have laughed myself awake multiple times and yeah it's always Flaming Globes of Sigmund level un-humor. Definitely doesn't age well in the time between being asleep and being awake

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Sandwolf posted:

this dude doesn't know how sports are played
gently caress now i like it

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

I didn't know so many conservatives were professional sports-field setup technicians whose job is to relocate the ball-kicking targets,

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

Does it rhyme with Long Bit Van Zandt?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
It doesn't, actually

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG_dVJ4WM_M

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Is this guy like an “ethnic” comedian who just says awful poo poo in a really thick accent

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

Is this guy like an “ethnic” comedian who just says awful poo poo in a really thick accent

an englishman, you mean

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
I've been to fun standup where they don't take themselves seriously but there is a lot of bad material out there. Not everyone has a similar sense of humour and you can be big enough to make a career from fans whereas the majority of a larger crowd would think you a tool. That and just material that makes people laugh hard is difficult and even the actual legends can fail to get a response.

So I don't go out of my way because with the price to payoff ratio you can have a funner time (and possibly laugh more) doing basically any other activity with friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Oddly enough I know you need a photo to go viral but a lot of the posted jokes would actual semi-coherently as nonsense forum posts.

timp posted:

I refuse to believe that even one of the goddamn stinkers on this page got so much as a chuckle from a live audience

See I think they haven't preformed any of it. Reddit seems to think it's them throwing out any and all jokes to test the waters rather than trying to become big with their best material. Like a meme Twitter feed.

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jan 31, 2021