Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Cody vs Eddie 61 65.59%
Falls Count Anywhere 30 32.26%
Dinosaur Boys vs Inner Circle 0 0%
OTHER 2 2.15%
Total: 93 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

MorningMoon posted:

Free The Weed championship

that's for when jack evans is back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Eat My Fuc posted:

I didn't know Kingston but he's already the best promo in the entire company, he's like a legit actor.

Lol I was thinking the same thing when watching the post-match promo. Some casting director could look like a genius by plucking him up for a character actor supporting role in a movie

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

MorningMoon posted:

Free The Weed championship

legalize the weed belt.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

xbilkis posted:

Lol I was thinking the same thing when watching the post-match promo. Some casting director could look like a genius by plucking him up for a character actor supporting role in a movie

Yea like a good wrestling "promo" is one thing but as someone whose worked on low budget film projects he has real ability that is just different than your average wrestling presentation, it's a gift and I could see him really refining under good direction in TV or film.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Eat My Fuc posted:

I didn't know Kingston but he's already the best promo in the entire company, he's like a legit actor.

Eddie Kingston is not an actor. Eddie Kingston is real.

edit: And by that I mean Eddie very clearly incorporates himself and his life into everything he does and makes it all feel so true. But he probably didn't really kill a kid in TNA. That was probably acting.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Is Warhorse actually good at wrestling? The wacky heavy metal gimmick is up my alley. I think it'll be hard to top the Eddie Kingston open challenge though.

He's pretty good but admittedly I see him against other guys who are also pretty good. First time I saw him was when he was yelling at traffic about a wrestling show and I was hooked.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I don't have twitter.

If you liked Eddie tonight, tweet Khan. #signeddiekingston

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Didn't he almost kill a kid in Chikara once

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Eddie Kingston is not an actor. Eddie Kingston is real.

Surely, but that's also what I'm saying. A wrestling promo is so much of salesmanship. He's doing something altogether different here in my opinion, he's presenting his real life and personality as a character, it takes such a deep understanding of yourself and others to be able to go there and know how to present that in the way he did that reaches you emotionally and the real and hyper real levels. I just personally haven't been this impressed with a wrestling promo since Eddie Guerrero .

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Darby did an Enzo

https://twitter.com/TenaciousPz/status/1286131175551950848

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
BlacKKKlansman and I, Tonya are All Elite

https://twitter.com/PaulWHauser/status/1286128301560311809

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Reality Protester posted:

Yeah it was his best match for awhile.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

If Kingston gets noticed and gets some acting gigs because of this I will literally cheer, that's a fairy tale story.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Eddie definitely feels like he fills something that AEW was missing. Sign the man.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

It would be really funny if they brought in Eddie Kingston and instead of signing him to wrestle he ends up in a TNT Original Series within the year

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Also how the hell is AEW going to format out their entire women's division in the form of tag teams, do you suppose

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Reality Protester posted:

Lince Dorado deserved it! He wouldn't listen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUNgpu5ZXRM

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Eddie definitely feels like he fills something that AEW was missing. Sign the man.

they finally found their William Regal/Fit Finlay/Haku - someone who can go up and down the card at will but you can tell they are a real legit badass that will feel good in every position and never fail to be over because they are someone you just look at and you know they are loving tough

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

CarlCX posted:

Also how the hell is AEW going to format out their entire women's division in the form of tag teams, do you suppose

Give a bunch of unsigned indie women a shot I'd assume.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

CarlCX posted:

Cloning, duh.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/ryandilbert/status/1285941524820303873

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Pylons posted:

Give a bunch of unsigned indie women a shot I'd assume.

this is whats going to happen

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
yeah half the tournament will be tryouts for indie hopefuls and i hope big checkbook Tony shows up

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

16 isn't really that many. Most of them are probably women we've already seen.

1) Brandi
2) Allie
3) Nyla
4) Ivelisse
5) Diamante
6) Anna Joy
7) Penelope
8) Demon lady
9) Big Swole
10) Shida

Then you got maybe Baker if she's healthy. Maybe Rebel with her. I don't know when Statlander is back. Even without any of the Joshi talent you only need a few more and that's without all the Dark/QT/Dustin women. There's room for new faces and it would be great if there were a couple of surprises.

But the more important part of it is that it puts them all on TV with purpose and story and gives opportunities for us to get to know them and invest and to kick off new stuff. Its guaranteed TV time (hopefully) with actual creative focus and direction. The division has largely been missing that.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
The Butcher and The Blade both wash their hands before their match. They are the most considerate wrestlers.

And The Blade getting killed on an escalator and slowly ascending to Heaven.

I love Butcher and Blade.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/callmekrisstat/status/1286118954587561984
Man, poor Stat :smith:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

enigmahfc posted:

The Butcher and The Blade both wash their hands before their match. They are the most considerate wrestlers.

I love Butcher and Blade.

They just knew the Health Inspector could be watching.

SteelFusion
Jan 10, 2006

that cow college

STAC Goat posted:

16 isn't really that many. Most of them are probably women we've already seen.

1) Brandi
2) Allie
3) Nyla
4) Ivelisse
5) Diamante
6) Anna Joy
7) Penelope
8) Demon lady
9) Big Swole
10) Shida

Then you got maybe Baker if she's healthy. Maybe Rebel with her. I don't know when Statlander is back. Even without any of the Joshi talent you only need a few more and that's without all the Dark/QT/Dustin women. There's room for new faces and it would be great if there were a couple of surprises.

But the more important part of it is that it puts them all on TV with purpose and story and gives opportunities for us to get to know them and invest and to kick off new stuff. Its guaranteed TV time (hopefully) with actual creative focus and direction. The division has largely been missing that.

Statlander tore her ACL and will be out of action for months, if not a year.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

CarlCX posted:

They could fill it with some AEW Dark wrestlers.

Abadon
Allie
Anna Jay
Big Swole
Brandi
Shida
Leva
Mel
Nyla
Penelope
KiLynn
Diamante
Ivelisse
Chanel
Dani Jordan
Skyler Moore
Kenzie PAge

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Rache Chanel

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
please do not put Rache Chanel and Leva Bates in a ring

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/allisondanger/status/1286123826766442498

oh wow

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Oh, yeah, I wasn't going "where can they possibly find 16 women!", more the literal format, who's tagging with who, who gets to follow Abadon around while making progressively more and more weirded-out faces

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I feel like Allison Danger lowkey deserves a lot of credit for the place women's wrestling is at is basically the perosn WWE wants us to think Stephanie McMahon is re: "The Women's Evolution." So I wouldn't mind her landing a spot in AEW.

Also she's Steve Corino's sister and I always found it funny that that like never has really been a thing except maybe in the early Prophecy days.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

You loving take that back.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The Falls Count Anywhere match was cool because it started in a kitchen and it reminded me of The Raid 2.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Warhorse used to be in a Viking trio group called Viking War Party. He was called “The Littlest Viking”.

The guy on the right is a guy that I garage wrestled with 20 years ago. They, as a group, got to wrestle in the majority of states as well as Mexico. To think that he went from guy that I hit in the balls with a Mountain Dew bottle to win my first match to working matches in Mexico is amazing.

To think Warhorse may end up on AEW fighting Cody is even more mind blowing.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

STAC Goat posted:

I feel like Allison Danger lowkey deserves a lot of credit for the place women's wrestling is at is basically the perosn WWE wants us to think Stephanie McMahon is re: "The Women's Evolution." So I wouldn't mind her landing a spot in AEW.

Also she's Steve Corino's sister and I always found it funny that that like never has really been a thing except maybe in the early Prophecy days.

AEW could do a lot worse than just signing everyone from early SHIMMER and ChickFight days (those that arent in WWE anyway, miss you Rebecca Quin and SDR)

Cheerleader Melissa is still around, MsChif hasn't retired yet, i'm sure Mickie Knuckles would do it for about $50.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

CarlCX posted:

Given the similarity in naming to 'Lethal Lottery' I'm really thinking it'll be some Battle Bowl poo poo where they do a gimmick draw to see who is partners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

JOHN CENA posted:

drat i picked a bad week to cancel youtube tv

Send this to the quotes of Duke Twitter account.