Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Cody vs Eddie 61 65.59%
Falls Count Anywhere 30 32.26%
Dinosaur Boys vs Inner Circle 0 0%
OTHER 2 2.15%
Total: 93 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
hell what about Madison Eagles? Given her husband Robbie has blown up in the last few years and she was far more famous than him for a long time, respectively of course, she would be a good get.

edit: not removing this but Robbie Eagles and Ryan Eagles are two different Australian wrestlers and Madison is married to Ryan, i am dumb

edit 2: Ryan is Robbie's brother so hey sister-in-law

Lid fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jul 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Lid posted:

AEW could do a lot worse than just signing everyone from early SHIMMER and ChickFight days (those that arent in WWE anyway, miss you Rebecca Quin and SDR)

Cheerleader Melissa is still around, MsChif hasn't retired yet, i'm sure Mickie Knuckles would do it for about $50.

I liked Cindy Rogers, Jennifer Blake, and Tianna Ringer and they all just disappeared. I know Blake went to Mexico and had a decent career there but I assume the other two just retired.

Obviously none of them are actually valid options besides maybe Blake. It just made me think of them.

I think Rain retired in the last few years?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Lid posted:

hell what about Madison Eagles? Given her husband Robbie has blown up in the last few years and she was far more famous than him for a long time, respectively of course, she would be a good get.

....travel might be difficult considering uh, everything.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Lid posted:

edit: not removing this but Robbie Eagles and Ryan Eagles are two different Australian wrestlers and Madison is married to Ryan, i am dumb
If it helps Robbie is Ryan's brother.

I did something similar a couple of weeks ago when I couldn't remember if Nevaeh was childhood sweethearts with the one Crist or the other one that it turns out is some kind of monster.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Akileese posted:

Given the similarity in naming to 'Lethal Lottery' I'm really thinking it'll be some Battle Bowl poo poo where they do a gimmick draw to see who is partners.

I assume this is the plan too, it'd be funny if they manage to take a gimmick that always sucked in WCW and make it good.

Which it will probably be as long as they don't do the stupid battle royal.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/shidahikaru/status/1286140450026467328?s=20

I can think of someone from Japan who might be available and able to get to Jacksonville.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

STAC Goat posted:

I liked Cindy Rogers, Jennifer Blake, and Tianna Ringer and they all just disappeared. I know Blake went to Mexico and had a decent career there but I assume the other two just retired.

Obviously none of them are actually valid options besides maybe Blake. It just made me think of them.

I think Rain retired in the last few years?

no official Rain retirement i can find and apparently she is still semi-active in SHINE but no word on her in three years

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They sorta made it sound like it would be a Lethal Lottery thing with random partners drawn but they also kind of implied the Nightmare Sisters were teaming in it and that seems like the most obvious creative direction for it.

So like... maybe its "random" but also incredible convenient choices. The true Lethal Lottery/Battle Bowl tradition.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
the other thing of course is as NWA Power no longer exists and Eddie loving Kingston just showed up they may just poach the women from there including Thunder Rosa and Marti Belle

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Sign Mae Young, and have her old rear end win the cup!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

if this is the launch of aew's actual tag team division i do hope we see some of these teams grow into feeling and looking like teams instead of singles wrestlers slapped together for the month. im not saying they need to have matching gear or a team name but just the teams to be consistent afterwards

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

is there any way to catch dynamite without a cable subscription or do i have to wait 2 months for it to show up on B/R live? I take it that it isn't on hulu

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Lid posted:

the other thing of course is as NWA Power no longer exists and Eddie loving Kingston just showed up they may just poach the women from there including Thunder Rosa and Marti Belle

I was never super impressed by Marti Belle but Thunder Rosa and Allysin Kay would probably be very different and good additions to the AEW roster.

And I mean, Marti's not worse than much of what AEW has now. She wouldn't be a bad addition or anything.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Allysin is sadly hooking into Impact... though given Impact is suddenly on an upswing this might not necessarily be a bad thing.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

https://twitter.com/shidahikaru/status/1286140450026467328?s=20

I can think of someone from Japan who might be available and able to get to Jacksonville.

Chris James 2 posted:

Per Fightful, WWE's trying to keep Kairi on payroll as ambassador so she can't work in STARDOM or any companies when she goes back to Japan. They're hoping her last match this week is effectively her last match period; she will appear next week (because it was taped this week), not in a match. Unclear on if she accepted that

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I would be astonished if they were able to parlay this into an actual women's tag division in the near term. They barely have a singles division right now!

Also echoing the calls for Thunder Rosa

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I don't understand why Shida / Diamante isn't for the title

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

JOHN CENA posted:

is there any way to catch dynamite without a cable subscription or do i have to wait 2 months for it to show up on B/R live? I take it that it isn't on hulu

I use Sling, which is cable adjacent and $30 USd. It works pretty good. A few issues but nothing I'd cancel over

If you're on PC I have heard the
AEW plus thing on fite TV is great. VPN needed for sign up though.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

smarxist posted:

I don't understand why Shida / Diamante isn't for the title

wins and losses matter and shes 2-3 will be the explanation

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Reality Protester posted:

Didn't he almost kill a kid in Chikara once

He absolutely hosed up Tim Donst way back when, but at least it got Donst over as hell despite it being his third match ever.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I use Sling, which is cable adjacent and $30 USd. It works pretty good. A few issues but nothing I'd cancel over

If you're on PC I have heard the
AEW plus thing on fite TV is great. VPN needed for sign up though.

i tried sling before i went to Youtube TV, the constant audio/video desync was a dealbreaker for me.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lid posted:

wins and losses matter and shes 2-3 will be the explanation

ah yeah I guess that makes sense, it just seemed like Shida was throwing the gauntlet down and wanting to be a fighting champ

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

JOHN CENA posted:

i tried sling before i went to Youtube TV, the constant audio/video desync was a dealbreaker for me.

Are you on a Fire TV box? That's what we us and don't really get that issue ever.

If you can get your hands on one maybe give it another go?

A coworker swears PSTV is really good, but I think it's the same price as YouTube TV.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Lid posted:

Allysin is sadly hooking into Impact... though given Impact is suddenly on an upswing this might not necessarily be a bad thing.

Is she? I don't see anything. Is it possible you're mixing her up with Nevaeh who recently debuted and is teaming with Havok?

smarxist posted:

ah yeah I guess that makes sense, it just seemed like Shida was throwing the gauntlet down and wanting to be a fighting champ

I'm ok with "beat me and you get a shot", to be honest. I think that has much more story potential and means like we can actually look for upsets even if we don't expect title changes.

Plus it maintains the illusion of title shots having to be sanctioned and earned.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jul 23, 2020

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

STAC Goat posted:

Is she? I don't see anything. Is it possible you're mixing her up with Nevaeh who recently debuted and is teaming with Havok?

I'm ok with "beat me and you get a shot", to be honest. I think that has much more story potential and means like we can actually look for upsets even if we don't expect title changes.

Plus it maintains the illusion of title shots having to be sanctioned and earned.

i actually made a mistake at that she stopped working for them in 2018, ignore me yeah shes free

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Put Leva back with Nyla so Leva doesn't have to do anything. Imagine Nyla winning the tournament with never tagging Leva in would be fun.

Other non-AEW women I'd like to see involved

Solo Darling / Willow Nightingale
Delilah Doom
Allison Danger (she said she was gonna wrestling again for ROH before covid happened)
Allie Kat & Veda Scott
Thunder Rosa & Holidead
Allysin Kay
Sea Stars

Not sure what the status of the NWA is and who is under contract and who isn't. But lots of women to pick from.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Are you on a Fire TV box? That's what we us and don't really get that issue ever.

If you can get your hands on one maybe give it another go?

A coworker swears PSTV is really good, but I think it's the same price as YouTube TV.

i was using chromecast and my phone, i had the issue on both devices.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

DM Punk posted:

Put Leva back with Nyla so Leva doesn't have to do anything. Imagine Nyla winning the tournament with never tagging Leva in would be fun.

Delilah Doom
Allison Danger (she said she was gonna wrestling again for ROH before covid happened)
Allie Kat & Veda Scott
Thunder Rosa & Holidead
Allysin Kay
Sea Stars

Not sure what the status of the NWA is and who is under contract and who isn't. But lots of women to pick from.

Seeing all the potential free agents out there is getting me kind of annoyed that a spot is going to Brandi/Allie lol

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
we're also overlooking AEW has a real eye for obscure talent even by wrestling hardcore standards - Abaddon, Butcher and The Blade, on Dark Robert Anthony has been tearing it up in his role as The Best Jobber

so i'm sure they can hopefully find some women

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

As I said I think adding new talent is really a secondary concern for this tournament, or should be. Even if they only use women previously seen on Dynamite and Dark its a huge step forward to get them all on TV in actual matches of purpose and story.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
My only problem with using a bunch of AEW Dark workers is no one will believe they can win anything unless they pair them with established talent. I just don't wanna see a bunch of jobber matches in round 1.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, I definitely would love to see some new talent and more competitive matches. But I think even if you ran out the same group of women you'd still be making progress just by having a long term story that involved a bunch of women.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DM Punk posted:

Delilah Doom
Allie Kat & Veda Scott
Thunder Rosa & Holidead
Allysin Kay
Sea Stars

They should team Solo Darling and Ivelisse to unite the abuser buddies.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Just wanna chime in again to say holy gently caress that Eddie Kingston/Cody match ruled.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Just wanna chime in again to say holy gently caress that Eddie Kingston/Cody match ruled.

While it's a bit apples to oranges, that match really reminded me of New Day vs. Usos HIAC where they really didn't use (rely on?) the match gimmick too much. But instead just went out there with an intensity and had a brutal match.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Sign Cat Power imo. and/or smuggle in some Joshi in suitcases.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

DM Punk posted:

Delilah Doom
Allie Kat & Veda Scott
Thunder Rosa & Holidead
Allysin Kay
Sea Stars

After seeing Solo go to bat for Quackenbush, she can stay out of AEW tbh

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I’m a simple man. I would like to see Kingston and Moxley beat the poo poo out of each other.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

The Stroker Ace posted:

I’m a simple man. I would like to see Kingston and Moxley beat the poo poo out of each other.

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I'm hoping for some joshi to come over for the tourney since they have connections to gatoh move/tjpw.

Also Mox and Kingston most recent matchup happened in 2011...which hey, we need another match out of them.

TV Zombie fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jul 23, 2020