Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Serious question, can you maybe try to kill your grandpa and see what happens? A lot of physicists have been wondering about that and you could publish your results in a really good paper if you still exist afterwards

e: now that I think about, you don't have to kill him if you don't want to. You can also just kick him in the balls, really, really hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Who What Now posted:

Invent a bra that isn't made of traffic cones and make a fortune

I will never do this.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
put it up ur butt. i don't know how that would generate an electric charge, but it solves every other possible problem so give it a shot.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
I dont know what to tell you, but try to get back quick if you dont want a secondhand nicotine addiction, basically everyone smoked, everywhere, all the time.

On the plus side, almost nobody was fat!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Warn the world about anime

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

GABA ghoul posted:

Serious question, can you maybe try to kill your grandpa and see what happens? A lot of physicists have been wondering about that and you could publish your results in a really good paper if you still exist afterwards

e: now that I think about, you don't have to kill him if you don't want to. You can also just kick him in the balls, really, really hard

My one grandpa lived in the woods 500 kms north of Edmonton and was kinda a badass. He lied about his age and joined WWII when he was 16. He was in a tank in the war. Well, 3 tanks really, but 2 of them exploded. He had 27 guns. He made his own bullets. He had hundreds of pounds of gunpowder buried around his property. He was a professional hunter and trapper. He might have killed some guys after the war. Most of his stories were probably bullshit, but he did have 27 guns. I'm all for science, but I don't like my chances of hunting him down in the woods of northern alberta.

My other grampa was much less of a badass, pretty burly tho. He joined the military during WWII but was never even sent overseas because he was a german hungarian immigrant and his eldest brother was in the nazi army. Probably never killed anyone. Anyway, I have no idea where he lived in 1950.

Sorry, I don't think I can pull this off.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Statutory Ape posted:

good thread OP havent seen you around in awhile

:unsmith:

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Facebook Aunt posted:

My one grandpa lived in the woods 500 kms north of Edmonton and was kinda a badass. He lied about his age and joined WWII when he was 16. He was in a tank in the war. Well, 3 tanks really, but 2 of them exploded. He had 27 guns. He made his own bullets. He had hundreds of pounds of gunpowder buried around his property. He was a professional hunter and trapper. He might have killed some guys after the war. Most of his stories were probably bullshit, but he did have 27 guns. I'm all for science, but I don't like my chances of hunting him down in the woods of northern alberta.

My other grampa was much less of a badass, pretty burly tho. He joined the military during WWII but was never even sent overseas because he was a german hungarian immigrant and his eldest brother was in the nazi army. Probably never killed anyone. Anyway, I have no idea where he lived in 1950.

Sorry, I don't think I can pull this off.

I'm pretty sure that most of us would lose to our grandfathers.

We could probably compose a wittier social media post, but they could probably beat the crap out of us with one hand, while lighting a pipe with the other.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Moo the cow posted:

I'm pretty sure that most of us would lose to our grandfathers.

We could probably compose a wittier social media post, but they could probably beat the crap out of us with one hand, while lighting a pipe with the other.

True that. One grandmother was 5'11" and would be a teenager in 1950. Pretty sure I'd lose to her too.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I ain't touching my relatives but you can bet I'll be on a quest to gently caress other people's grandparents.

Hard times at the filthiest malt shop in town.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
Invent rock n’ roll before Little Richard, Chuck Berry, and Elvis get around to it, and you will be wildly rich and famous. Also you’ll piss off the entire WW2 generation, which will be funny. Finally, as a woman, you will extra blow everyone’s minds with this crazy sexy new sound, which will give mid-century feminism an early jumpstart.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Do yourself a favor kiddo and invest in a little company called pets.com you’ll thank me later

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

We have no reason to think that there has ever been time travel in the past. However, if you are able to time travel in the past that means there is a non-zero chance that other people are also able to have done so. With the infinite nature of the universe/multiverse, that means that when you time travel there will be an infinite glut of other time travelers and one of those idiots probably brought a power bank/electrical engineering degree where they can make one from memory.

Also, this means all the cool things you'd like to do will be ruined. Everyone will be pouring into every successful stock, buying as much as possible causing different stock performance than what happened in YOUR version of the future, which means they're no longer a sure thing. Everyone will be going to all the concerts or whatever and that might make the celebrity think they're cooler than they are and become different and/or lovely or they'll cough on you and deliver coronavirus to the world. JFK's assassination will be a bloodbath as thousands of time travellers kill each other trying to correct/protect JFK.

Time travel is dumb, and it would be the loving worst thing so it might as well happen in 2020 the worst loving year.

youre dick
Jan 29, 2019

Chicken Butt posted:

Invent rock n’ roll before Little Richard, Chuck Berry, and Elvis get around to it, and you will be wildly rich and famous. Also you’ll piss off the entire WW2 generation, which will be funny. Finally, as a woman, you will extra blow everyone’s minds with this crazy sexy new sound, which will give mid-century feminism an early jumpstart.

In 1950 rock and roll would be for the ww2 generation. most of them would still be in their 20s. Plus nobody liked or listened to teenagers

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

I would go back in time an hour and cook myself a nice lunch and suck my own balls

youre dick
Jan 29, 2019

jokes posted:

Time travel is dumb, and it would be the loving worst thing so it might as well happen in 2020 the worst loving year.

President Adolph Hitler III, 2020

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Just take a bunch of nickels and use payphones.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

20 Blunts posted:

i would go outside and scream racial epitaphs at the sky, it was the thing to do

Epitaphs?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Statutory Ape posted:

I would go back in time an hour and cook myself a nice lunch and suck my own balls

You know what they say, "Nobody knows how to work your eggs better than yourself"

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Schweinhund posted:

The first thing I would do is kill Hitler.

With international travel not being nearly as streamlined as today, you'd probably end up needing to take a boat all the way down to Buenos Aires. No thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Who What Now posted:

You know what they say, "Nobody knows how to work your eggs better than yourself"

scrambled, not stirred

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

With international travel not being nearly as streamlined as today, you'd probably end up needing to take a boat all the way down to Buenos Aires. No thanks.

unironically how my family moved from buenos aires to america in..close to 1950, so checks out!