Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Teddybear posted:

Aren't they literally from The Show?

they said so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
That K was juuuuuuuust a bit outside

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Imagine making all these loving stupid changes and not doing anything about the baseball.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

"And Angel Hernandez is an interim crew chief because so many umpires opted out"

(immediately calls a pitch half a mile over the line into Maryland as strike 3)

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

ball still juiced af

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
That looked outside

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

that a-rod point guard joke was terrible and got me to mute the audio altogether

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

You know baseball is back when Angel Hernandez is blowing calls on nationally televised games again :allears:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I love that baseball fans are so jaded that Giancarlo Stanton hitting a big homerun is evidence that the balls are juiced.

I missed baseball, I guess.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Voit is loving svelt.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
did luke voit lose weight or something he seems super slim

e: guess so

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

A-Rod is an all-time great, and one of my favorite players ever, but goddamn is he a boring cliche machine in the broadcast booth

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
I agree with A-rod about how great the sound of the game is.

Too bad they went out of their way to deliberately neuter it by pumping in white noise from a video game.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

wide stance posted:

I agree with A-rod about how great the sound of the game is.

Too bad they went out of their way to deliberately neuter it by pumping in white noise from a video game.

Same.

Watching just the last few batters with the pop of the catches mitt and crack of the bat rules.

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

I did miss you, Baseball.
I'll miss you in a couple weeks. But for now, hell yeah. Baseball.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Any particular reason LeMahieu didn't start? I tuned in late but I see Wade at 2nd and I'm like :confused:

e: nm they just talked about it on tv

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jul 24, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Fenrir posted:

Any particular reason LeMahieu didn't start? I tuned in late but I see Wade at 2nd and I'm like :confused:

He's recovering from Covid.

Not a joke post.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Tyler Wade trying to bunt a 3-1 pitch is triggering me.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Those pitch overlays during games rule

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Aaron Judge is not broken.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
lol good idea ESPN show the idiots across the street on the rooftop

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Like half this weekend's games are national broadcasts. Would kinda suck if you bought mlb.tv and everyhting's blacked out

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
“League-sanctioned wet rag”

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I'm not the biggest Tyler Wade fan but seeing a Yankee score from first on a double is pretty shocking.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Brett Gardner's enormous forehead will never not be unnerving

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Please ARod buy the Mets so you'll shut the gently caress up

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
I was half expecting Marlins Man to inexplicably still be at the ballpark.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm really not invested in this. Its weird. I don't know what the stakes are. I don't know how to process it. It sounds like a video game. I don't know.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
*Soto tests positive*

Dave Martinez: I just want the players to step up and be positive.

Phrasing Dave.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
You know, it took me way too long to realize that I had to cheer for the Yankees in this game.

I hate this.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Gotta pull the camera operators because there’s a danger of lightning in the area.

You see, when there’s a danger of something, you take what are called “precautions”, to avoid death of serious injury.

Anyways enjoying this baseball game :)

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
well giancarlo looks healthy

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.
The only time I'll cheer for the Yankees is when they play the Red Sox. And that's a maybe.

Also, yay live sports :toot:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Can't say I love Gardner batting 5th.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Those patches don't seem terribly well sewn on.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Decent chance at a delay. Big thunderstorm rolling through my neck of the woods in Alexandria. I imagine it'll be headed over the river here soon.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

marioinblack posted:

Decent chance at a delay. Big thunderstorm rolling through my neck of the woods in Alexandria. I imagine it'll be headed over the river here soon.

Did they end up saying "rain delays end the game?" I know that was in talks because they don't want people hanging around in the clubhouses for very long.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Get Manfred off my tv plz

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
thats some thunder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

posting to say gently caress rob manfred