Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh well, game over. We scored four runs off Scherzer. Guess we won the World Series. Or qualify for the playoffs. Or something. I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Rob Manfred has that Selig charisma.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Bahaha that grounds crew guy.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Very 2020 he nods sagely

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
the timing of a huge thunderstorm rolling in with lightning cracking behind rob manfred as soon as hes on screen talking about how successful opening day is

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
OF COURSE it's raining.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
There's never rain delays at Tropicana Field, or as I call it, the greatest stadium in baseball.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

marioinblack posted:

There's never rain delays at Tropicana Field, or as I call it, the greatest stadium in baseball.

At least you can pretend we aren't in the COVID season from watching very normal looking Rays games.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
until the power goes out anyways

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

mcmagic posted:

At least you can pretend we aren't in the COVID season from watching very normal looking Rays games.

When they said the Rays had the structure and all the fine details sorted out in order to win a World Series, we did not know the extent they would go to ensure they had home field advantage everywhere they went.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

marioinblack posted:

You do sometimes have to consult a map legend to figure out whether its a hr, double, or out though.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

"Please exit the seating bowl"

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Johnny Bravo posted:

until the power goes out anyways

“We’re gonna take a quick break here on ESPN as it appears swarms of locusts and frogs are taking the field...”

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Rain is winning!!!!!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I thought the games were being covered on the networks, are they only on ESPN and illegal streaming sites?

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.
Wow... that's a lot of rain they're getting. Sort of makes me want a thunderstorm to go play in again.

Obligatory Calvin and Hobbes comic strip:

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I cannot believe blackout restrictions are still in effect, even for non-espn games. I'll watch your commercials, ROOT! Let me!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao all that buildup and spitting in the face of nature in a loving pandemic so baseball can make money and they get rained out

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
So whats the rule with rainouts this year? Is this an official game? Pick up where they left off? I thought I heard that rain delays were just going to be automatic postponements so people dont have to cram into the clubhouses?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I always get a kick out of how much the Dodgers love their music.

I hope the organ guy is ok.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Lol at the players waving/tipping their hats to the cardboard cutouts.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm genuinely surprised they got all the guys on 4 baseball teams to kneel for BLM. I wouldn't have bet on that.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

this is completely surreal

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
it's been a minute since I've seen cueto throw, lookin forward to this

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

So whats the rule with rainouts this year? Is this an official game? Pick up where they left off? I thought I heard that rain delays were just going to be automatic postponements so people dont have to cram into the clubhouses?

the game is official, yeah. that part of the rule is the same as always. prior to this year, if a game was delayed before it became official it would be started over at a later date but this year any game delayed before it's official will be resumed from where they left off instead.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

watching honest to god major league baseball, what a world

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
so we full communism now that black people have knelt during the anthem at a baseball game right?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Is the audio delay between broadcasters going to be this bad all game?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

ESPN hasn't missed a beat with complete garbage commentating

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
ONline AM radio is only playing ads, anyone else have ideas for where I can see or hear bases-ball without paying $50 a month?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Hoo boy that delay on the commentator.

Also I will legit never forgive Boston for not even trying to keep Mookie around. I know he'd probably go elsewhere anyway but you could've at least TRIED.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Ches Neckbeard posted:

so we full communism now that black people have knelt during the anthem at a baseball game right?

MLB has been putting out some pro BLM stuff lately and then they have Donald Trump and his pal Mariano Rivera make opening statements. So you know, striking a good balance.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

RandomPauI posted:

ONline AM radio is only playing ads, anyone else have ideas for where I can see or hear bases-ball without paying $50 a month?

no online radio stations will play MLB broadcasts, but if you actually have a radio, it's probably on the local ESPN affiliate station.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

RandomPauI posted:

If you just want audio only, MLB audio is $20 for the year.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

hearing that the los angeles dodgers have an enormous "moneyball" advantage by paying good players money to play ball

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Was the delay that bad or were they just not getting the queue to talk in their headsets?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

Was the delay that bad or were they just not getting the queue to talk in their headsets?

If it's anything like their KBO broadcasts it's gonna be that bad all game.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

holy poo poo look at this dude's hair

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

ESPN CAN YOU DO ANY loving THING RIGHT YOU JABRONIS

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

ahhh the cutouts are creepy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Bravo