Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

2 2 2 2 1 2

nice run there Jays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Rowdy just missed walking that off, drat.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Michael Kay is just straight up talking about a suicidal baseball player like trivia and its real awkward.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
Mets I love you!

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Nice meltdown Blue Jays

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
Jays, I thought you were done with clownball

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

O's rolling

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Popete posted:

Nice meltdown Blue Jays

They've been proficient in scoring two in an inning tonight though

e: three may be asking too much

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
It may have just started, but I'm ready for the Blue Jays season to be over.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

They've been proficient in scoring two in an inning tonight though

1 too many

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
I turned away for a few mins to make sure the Canadiens lose and switch back and see the blue jays hosed it up as usual

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Wow, a rare clean outing for the bullpen

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
drat the jays have seven home runs tonight? and they might lose??

thats wild

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yankee/Brave game never going to end...

goobernoodles
May 28, 2011

Wayne Leonard Kirby.

Orioles Magician.

chamois posted:

O's rolling

yeeee buddy

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
If the Jays pull this one out I will donate 100 dollars to charity

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Sydin posted:

lmao of course this is the year, of all years, since 2016 where the Cubs actually look good.

I would like to believe that the Cubs opened Four Years of Hell by winning the World Series, and they'll bookend it by winning another one.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

euphronius posted:

Re Hoskins : lots of old “prospects” like him come up and do well and then the league gets a book and they can’t adjust

It’s not abnormal or whatever lots of players flame out . Baseball is hard that’s why you pay for vets with a track record of success

It could be that, but I feel like a bunch of guys on the team fell off a cliff at the same time rumors came out about over-tinkering with mechanics.

Then again, this article might suggest that Kingery, for example, was never going to be able to adjust:

https://www.thegoodphight.com/2019/9/22/20878655/what-broke-scott-kingery-sophomore-slump

Oh, and here's a sad excerpt:

quote:

With the corner outfield spots set and Adam Haseley emerging as a strong candidate to start the year with the big club in CF

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Red posted:

It could be that, but I feel like a bunch of guys on the team fell off a cliff at the same time rumors came out about over-tinkering with mechanics.

Then again, this article might suggest that Kingery, for example, was never going to be able to adjust:

https://www.thegoodphight.com/2019/9/22/20878655/what-broke-scott-kingery-sophomore-slump

Oh, and here's a sad excerpt:

I didn't pop into this thread last night because I knew what the outcome of the game would be and I knew talking about it would make me more frustrated than I already was...This team is really hard to watch.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Slimy Hog posted:

I didn't pop into this thread last night because I knew what the outcome of the game would be and I knew talking about it would make me more frustrated than I already was...This team is really hard to watch.

Same, and... yeah.

Like, watching Rube burn down a potential dynasty was one thing, because at least that team was fun to watch, and did win for a while. This is just ... I don't know.

At this point, Harper must be miserable, and I can't imagine Realmuto would be interested in an extension.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Red posted:

Same, and... yeah.

Like, watching Rube burn down a potential dynasty was one thing, because at least that team was fun to watch, and did win for a while. This is just ... I don't know.

At this point, Harper must be miserable, and I can't imagine Realmuto would be interested in an extension.

If I were Realmuto I'd not want to stay. Hell I saw his face last night and he was not happy.

It really sucks because I've only been a Phillies fan since 2010 so I've only seen the team get worse

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Slimy Hog posted:

If I were Realmuto I'd not want to stay. Hell I saw his face last night and he was not happy.

It really sucks because I've only been a Phillies fan since 2010 so I've only seen the team get worse

If it makes you feel better, there've been a lot of lovely Phillies teams over the last 30 years, and I've gone to a lot of games that were just lovely beatings.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

If you read between the lines, a lot of the Phillies players did not respect Kapler/Mailee/Young at all. Who how badly the Klentak coaching staff hosed up the youngins

The biggest problem for the Phillies is that ever since drafting Hamels, the Phillies draft results have been putrid. And this has been the same for Klentak, Rube, and all the of the previous managements. Not sure how you fix close to 20 years of poo poo draft/devlopment

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Anthony DeSclafani has given up three home runs and seven earned runs to the Pirates through 1 1/3 so far, just loving pitching BP.

e: aaaand he just walked in a run and they're looking at him for some kind of injury.

e2: leaving him out there.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
The Pirates are going to double the win total of the Cards, only took them 9 games to do it.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Glasnow looking mechanically off today and giving up runs, but it hasn't mattered because the Red Sox are real bad.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Im gay for JT

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

god drat the rays are just curbstomping

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It’s astounding how bad the Phillies are

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Good job Jake arrieta with the stamina to make it 60 pitches into a game

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Poor Jake. He basically needs to have perfect mechanics else he's bad.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Mustached Demon posted:

Poor Jake. He basically needs to have perfect mechanics else he's bad.

Yeah he got tired and his release point got wild

He shouldn’t get tired after 60 pitches

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Acceptable, Baez

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
c'est la beef

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Why do I bother watching these games?

Bohm is looking better than I thought he would though.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

it's amazing how much better the orioles offense is without chris davis in it

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I think Darvish might be good

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

How does the Phillies GM still have a job

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009