Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
You know, it took me way too long to realize that I had to cheer for the Yankees in this game.

I hate this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Acuņa didn't blast a dinger, cancel the season.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

habeasdorkus posted:

20 pitches, oof. Pretty good results, though.

If we get him out semi-early and pound the bullpen instead I'd be fine with that.

deGrom is cool, please stop hurting my team. :(

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

habeasdorkus posted:

I'm watching the SNY feed on mlb.tv, but I think ESPN has this game on TV.

Yeah, ESPN has it if you are strong enough to survive an ESPN broadcast.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
lmao Chipper Jones has a cutout.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

...! posted:

Yeah but I'm concerned about tomorrow's games. I don't want to be fiddling around with this dumb box if I don't have to. :/

Yeah, I hope you are able to figure that out (and nobody should be subjected to ESPN when it can be avoided).

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
I, too, would like the Braves to win 97 games this year.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
I thought we wouldn't have a pitchers spot in the lineup with the DH. :confused:

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
That certainly was a base hit, interesting.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

habeasdorkus posted:

SNY booth giving the stats on deGrom vs the Braves at Citifield.

9 starts. 1.53 ERA. Mets have gone 2-7 in those games.

The first 5 games the Braves played against deGrom in 2018, they managed to balloon his ERA to 1.09 against the Braves and the Braves won all 5 games.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Ah, yes, the 5 unassisted putout at first.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Yeah, that was a strike Riley. Dang though.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
welp

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
CGI fans are dumb.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
ESPN, if you hate baseball this much, can you stop broadcasting it? Thanks.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Ozuna is p. good.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
That baseball had a family, Riley.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
:mets:

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

euphronius posted:

Phillies and the Mets at the bottom of the NL where they belong

Long live the NL East Champions, the Braves and Marlins.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Dansby smacking the ball makes me very happy.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Freeman poking the ball to the completely empty left side of the infield is hilarious.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Excellent job being a statue there, Duval.

e: Excellent job being a windmill, Ron Washington.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

First and third with two out in the bottom of the eighth, Dansby swings and misses at a low pitch that gets away from the catcher, Ozuna easily would score but Dansby backs away from the plate waving Ozuna in, forgets to run it out to first and that ends the inning. They call it a "mental mistake" and it is, but I can't remember any time I'd seen those circumstances before.

He must he either forgot there were two strikes or forgot there were two outs. Very weird and unfortunate.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Man, we'd be in an even better position if we didn't walk home 15 runs.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Holy loving poo poo what is this game

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Jupiter Jazz posted:

The Mets are going to end my life prematurely

Just remember, you chose this.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
God drat, you can't just make it look easy, can you?

What a wacky game.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

R.D. Mangles posted:

:siren: KIMBREL ZONE ACTIVATED

I was very sad when the Braves didn't sign Kimbrel.

What happened, buddy

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Missed most of the game playing OoT randomizer but Braves beating the Mets quite handily right now puts a nice smile to my face.

Sorry for those who were born into the pain of being a Mets fan, that's rough. Braves rad.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Just noticed Frenchy is back calling for the Braves. Glad to hear he survived COVID, he's cool as heck.

Braves win! :mets:

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

seiferguy posted:

Can you completely block a base with your leg on a stolen base attempt? A's second basemen just did and got the out. He... paid the price by getting a foot full of cleats by doing so.

I was kind of wondering that when the Braves scored on a wild pitch last night. The pitched slid across the plate to completely block it and almost succeeded. I'm sure the rules at home plate are different than second, but it did make me wonder what would qualify as interference in those cases.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

seiferguy posted:

The rules:

OBSTRUCTION is the act of a fielder who, while not in posses-sion of the ball and not in the act of fielding the ball, impedes theprogress of any runner.
Rule 6.01(h ) Comment (Rule 2.00 (Obstruction ) Comment ):If a fielder is about to receive a thrown ball and if the ball is inflight directly toward and near enough to the fielder so he must occupy his position to receive the ball he may be considered"in the act of fielding a ball." It is entirely up to the judgment of the umpire as to whether a fielder is in the act of fielding a ball. After a fielder has made an attempt to field a ball and missed, he can no longer be in the "act of fielding" the ball.

In other words "Trust the Ump!"

Basically what I figured, makes sense.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Today's a contest between Kyle Wright's willingness to let the Mets score vs. the Mets unwillingness to actually do so.

Yep.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
lmao d'Arnaud putting the ball in the dirt to the ball person.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Acuņa almost lost that ball out there, whew.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
:mets:

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

I'm still not sure that didn't just bounce off the top of the wall lmfao. I'll take it though.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Nice catch by Acuņa, good game so far, go Braves, gently caress God Bless America.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Acuņa breaking out of his slump and Freeman serving up RBI hits, thank you Braves baseball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Braves win, 5 game winning streak. Good poo poo.