Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Astros coming up to bat, who's gonna get plunked?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Got an MLB.tv account, a cable log in for local tv to avoid blackout, and I still can’t watch the game so I’m stuck on an online stream. Good job MLB :thumbsup:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Johnny Bravo posted:

ahh please stop hitting mike trout

Would you believe not a single Astro has been plunked?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
At this point the Mariners may as well start plunking guys :sigh:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Kendall Graveman is dealing heat, holy poo poo.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Kikuchi has been on fire this game. Maybe he isn't as godawful as he was last year?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Can you completely block a base with your leg on a stolen base attempt? A's second basemen just did and got the out. He... paid the price by getting a foot full of cleats by doing so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Squall posted:

I was kind of wondering that when the Braves scored on a wild pitch last night. The pitched slid across the plate to completely block it and almost succeeded. I'm sure the rules at home plate are different than second, but it did make me wonder what would qualify as interference in those cases.

The rules:

OBSTRUCTION is the act of a fielder who, while not in posses-sion of the ball and not in the act of fielding the ball, impedes theprogress of any runner.
Rule 6.01(h ) Comment (Rule 2.00 (Obstruction ) Comment ):If a fielder is about to receive a thrown ball and if the ball is inflight directly toward and near enough to the fielder so he must occupy his position to receive the ball he may be considered"in the act of fielding a ball." It is entirely up to the judgment of the umpire as to whether a fielder is in the act of fielding a ball. After a fielder has made an attempt to field a ball and missed, he can no longer be in the "act of fielding" the ball.

In other words "Trust the Ump!"