Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There's speculation but that's all it is. They did Covid testing last night so some think someone could have tested positive. There was apparently a late night wall yeller who said something about Nicole voting out Ian so its possible that blew up. Nicole could have finally confessed or David could have snapped or something. There could be some "neighbor" thing. We could speculate endlessly but its been 14+ hours and the last thing on the feeds was apparently everyone asleep except for Kevin and Day doing their nightly strategy session.

This is almost certainly not true but it IS funny.
https://twitter.com/realvegas4sure3...874461903552512

edit: That account is now locked. It was someone claiming to be "Real Vegas" claiming that the wall yeller said "Tyler is a racist, Nicole voted out Ian" and Nicole and Tyler self evicted as a result. They also claimed feeds would be back at 3 PM BBT, which is right now. "Real Vegas" was a production member who for a few seasons was giving real and accurate spoilers and inside info, but they were rooted out last season and presumably fired. This probably wasn't them, just someone messing with a hysterical BB community. But it was a funny thought.

edit2: And its now an hour past that so like, obviously it was nonsense. But fun nonsense.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Sep 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Chevy tuned up like a Nascar pitstop
I think the neighbor was Paul and he won a Battle In. Tonight is a live show and Octo-eviction. Paul and David face off next Thursday in a historic final 2. David wins.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

They need to add a rule that if you ever talk about self-evicting, you are immediately kicked out of the house.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Savahontas posted:

I think the neighbor was Paul and he won a Battle In. Tonight is a live show and Octo-eviction. Paul and David face off next Thursday in a historic final 2. David wins.

I'm fine with Paul winning in this limited case.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

At this stage I'm leaning towards absolutely nothing happening. If someone had gotten sick or self evicted I imagine they would have made a statement within an entire business day. I think they're just turning off feeds because "gently caress you" and they're tired of covering up stuff they don't want us to hear.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

It’s probably getting ugly and they think if they can shut down until day is gone, this will all go away

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, the most "thing" that I can see happening is that Nicole's lie got outed somehow and Day and David got righteously angry about it and they're just going to pretend it never happened and enforce NDAs.

But I honestly think they might have just turned off feeds because "gently caress you" and they were tired of policing all the many topics they deemed off subject. They are understaffed after all.

Weed Wolf
Jul 30, 2004
Reddit thinks that the neighbor was introduced and they can't reveal who it is until the Thursday broadcast, but I have no clue how they'd expect fans to take the feeds being down that long.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Tonight's episode did say that a BB Legend was returning to reveal a new twist. So maybe.

I'm still kind of leaning towards them just wanting to cover up all the "Uncle Tom" stuff and it either finally coming out that Nicole voted Ian out or just them hoping the whole thing dies out when Day gets evicted.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

whoever said that the cast size is a major reason why the show started to suck i think you're on to something. sixteen active players but only two being at risk per week gives lots of room to "go to sleep" and hide, which means players dont really try to amass any numbers if they don't have a day one unit since they just want to "go with the house". i think the stark ratio for players at risk vs the number of people playing is a major factor here. i think the season probably works/fits better at maybe 13 players or do two heads of household and four nominees a week, and veto only takes one down not replaces. this probably forces players to pick a side earlier on when they can visibly see how quickly they can be in the hot seat.

Sodomeow
Sep 26, 2015

Ace Jameson posted:

They can only do so much without being completely obvious. I hate the Committee steamrolling everyone, but at some point the other side has to win an HOH to try and stop the bleeding. Dani even tried to throw HOH to Da'vonne and she still couldn't take it home.

I don't even care if its completely obvious. The more obvious the better! Not only does the majority alliance lose, now they are completely tilted because of being treated unfairly

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I dunno. I think numbers can theoretically help. Like a 6 person alliance forms there's still 10 more people to deal with. An 8 person alliance forms theres another 8 people who could counter them. I feel like a smaller group would just give the house majority more power. Hoping that players will just be more proactive if you put them in more danger or speed up the game feels like the same fundamental false hope that people make every season of "it will pick up as soon as Jury starts or when X leaves." You have to find a way to depower the majority and encourage individuals to play more aggressively.

A shorter season would certainly shorten up the bad and get to it one way or another. But I'm not sure it would solve the real problem.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

Presented without comment

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Feeds came back somewhere around the 22 hour mark last night. The whole house was playing a game, feedsters speculate they sounded like production told them to play something as a group perhaps to cut off the rumors that someone had self evicted or been sick. Dunno.

It sounds like the wall yeller did indeed reveal that Nicole voted out Ian and has been setting up David and it all blew up. We also missed Day apologizing to David. Everyone’s upset at Dani now for some reason. Sounds like there might have been a Dani/Christmas fight somehow. We’ll never actually know what happened. BB has managed to really kill the thing that drew me to this show in the first place. Matter of fact they seem to just be blocking generic game talk at this stage. There’s completely not point.

Dani sounds like she used her power to let Memphis play in HOH. Maybe this is a play to gain an ally who won’t gun for her if he wins? Who knows?

You see what people get into when the feeds are impossible to watch?
https://twitter.com/Mrs_ARockstar/status/1309177193340309504

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

Feeds came back somewhere around the 22 hour mark last night. The whole house was playing a game, feedsters speculate they sounded like production told them to play something as a group perhaps to cut off the rumors that someone had self evicted or been sick. Dunno.

It sounds like the wall yeller did indeed reveal that Nicole voted out Ian and has been setting up David and it all blew up. We also missed Day apologizing to David. Everyone’s upset at Dani now for some reason. Sounds like there might have been a Dani/Christmas fight somehow. We’ll never actually know what happened. BB has managed to really kill the thing that drew me to this show in the first place. Matter of fact they seem to just be blocking generic game talk at this stage. There’s completely not point.

Dani sounds like she used her power to let Memphis play in HOH. Maybe this is a play to gain an ally who won’t gun for her if he wins? Who knows?

You see what people get into when the feeds are impossible to watch?
https://twitter.com/Mrs_ARockstar/status/1309177193340309504

the first few words made me think those tweets were going to go a totally different direction

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That's actually why I included the second tweet because "I'm been doing a lot of research on Q Anon and I'm going to have to make a video" definitely gets the exact opposite reaction from me than she was going for. Its not even until the "they think Trump is the savior" that I'm more than 50/50 on her disagreeing.

Which is actually kind of perfect Rockstar. Completely in the right and confusing the delivery.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

If you were thinking “well, at least Day’s not getting needlessly blindsided” then think again. She’s campaigning to Christmas saying she has 3 voted already. 1 locked since the start of the week (Dani), 1 just locked this morning (David), and one she has to lock in (Enzo). Poor, Day. Always so wrong, always so blindsided.

Christmas is basically just doing her best version of “Let Death Take You” and jury management, which to her credit she’s done all season. Except for, you know… that one time. On one hand Christmas burned her game hard and this feels futile. On the other hand name one person in that house besides David and Kevin who aren’t burning Day harder. Maybe Memphis? Memphis and Christmas might be playing the best games? WTF?

BB Twitter is mourning but its a much more hostile mourning than with Janelle and Kaysar. There’s a lot of back and forth between the people who really love Day and think she did no wrong and the people who like Day but think she’s a flaewed player to the people who just hate Day. And no one’s backing down on this one.

Like there’s this nuts thing about how Day and Christmas both said they were friends with Kaysar and missed him and of course everyone hates Christmas so its like “YOU WEREN’T HIS FRIEND!” but then its like “DAY WASN’T EITHER!” and “JUST BECAUSE SHE DIDN’T WORK WITH HIM DOESN’T MEAN SHE DIDN’T LIKE HIM!” and its just gonna be everything on my feed for awhile.

If you can’t tell I’m just making up things to talk about because I guess I’m going through withdrawal.

edit: Correction. Day doesn't think she has David, even though he seems like her one vote. She thinks she has Nicole's. Why? I have no idea. Day always does this.

double edit: Double Correction. David tells the feedsters he's voting out Day. So she's probablt getting zero votes. David attempts to explain how he came to this decision but this is BB22 so we can't know anything.
https://twitter.com/powerofcheeto2/status/1309233344719335424

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Sep 24, 2020

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Ya why would we want to see the consequences of Nicole and Danis dirty as hell lie? It's not like this season is starved for drama and story.

Oh wait

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I napped through the live show but boy, that whole "Paulie is weirdly sexual about his brother" thing and "Rockstar is way too bored and online" thing really converged in a big way while I was out.

https://twitter.com/TheBigBroTea/status/1309311292990078976
https://twitter.com/girlsmeg/status/1309313321632280576

There's so much. And its always good when you compare yourself favorlly to Hedger Joker. That's a person right in the head and who understands movie themes.
https://twitter.com/girlsmeg/status/1005591556370264064

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Remember this

Also Paulie's twitter banner is the joker. Paulie is just a dog chasing a boner. He wouldn't know what to do if he caught it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Paulie's sexy brother is HOH.

https://twitter.com/TheBigBroTea/status/1309330484774596608

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

At least with a triple eviction next week somebody will get the boot alongside Kevin and David.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

This should be the fifth straight week where 2 POC get nominated by the HOH. But thankfully it will have to stop once there's only one not white person left in the house. Yay?

Cody does have a problem if he has to nominate a 3rd person. Enzo is the only non Committee member but he has a F2 with him. Some people will want Dani out but he has a F2 with her. He has F2s with Tyler, Memphis, and Nicole. Christmas is the only one he doesn't but I think he's genuinely scared of her. I'm sure he's hoping he can just nominate David/Kevin and spend the whole week "like bro like"ing but I assume he'll try and find the path of least resistance if he has to nom a white person.

And now we'll officially start hearing talk from within and outside the house that the Committee is the greatest alliance ever. I will not humor these arguments because house alliances are not true alliances in the way Chilltown or traditional alliances were. They're built specifically to be as large and safe as possible. The "true" alliances are the smaller ones within them but in this season there are no true ones. Everyone's a snake.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Sep 25, 2020

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
https://twitter.com/BB_Updates/status/1309671355625934848?s=19

Waah

Savahontas fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Sep 26, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They're a bunch of privileged assholes who have had the easiest game in BB history and still find something to complain about every week and act like anyone not lining up to being evicted and thank them for it are the real bad guys. And Cody's always been like that. He's an rear end in a top hat.

FYI your tweets aren't showing up. I think you're putting them in image tags. You just have to post the link and they embed automatically.

https://twitter.com/girlsmeg/status/1309673276780605440

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm so loving mad this season has been so lovely.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

So yeah, I didn’t even think of BB today. Kevin and David got nommed. Kevin apparently decided if he’s gonna go out he’s gonna completely rehab his image by just calling Cody out on his privileged poo poo.

https://twitter.com/powerofcheeto2/status/1309662775602491392

Kevin: He (Cody) lives in a bubble. Normally people swallow what he serves.
David: I respect someone like a Memphis. He didn’t give any reason and he didn’t give a gently caress. He doesn’t beat around it. I'd rather that than you acting to be liked and not wanting to own your decisions.

This was Cody’s real problem last time, BTW. Everyone focuses on him choosing Derrick to go to the end with over Victoria, but we completely ignore WHY picking Derrick was such a bad move. It isn’t just that Derrick was so good, its that Cody needed a goat to win. He pissed off nearly everyone in the jury (and pre-jury) with his fakeness and cowardliness in blindsiding them and acting like he was the victim of the situation. And he’s doing it again. A lot of people think Cody’s playing the best game and is the biggest jury threat. I don’t think he is. I think he’s the safest floater in the house, absolutely, but Day had completely written him off before she left, Kevin hates him at this moment, David respects Memphis more than him, and he routinely has Nicole and Dani in tears. He’s gonna have to backstab everyone in this game going forward and he’s gonna do this with all of them. He had to backstab Ian too and blindsided him completely and mocked him to other people, which Day was annoyed by and is probably telling him. So I honestly think Cody might be a goat.

Here’s the Kevin/Cody talk. Its… frustrating. There’s more videos in the tweet thread.
https://twitter.com/Tooms_BB/status/1309650668358000641

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Sep 26, 2020

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
The biggest problem in Big Brother is the outcast never wanting to accept that they are outcasts. It used to be that week 1 or 2, battle lines were drawn, and the drama would come from some outcast/jock buddies or the jocks self imploding the minute they are out of power.

Maybe it is social media making everyone feel like a star, but these days the outcasts refuse to recognize what side they are on until it’s too late. Bayleigh fell victim to thinking she was totally one of the cool kids twice in 3 years. Everyone has an inflated ego these days, which makes casting difficult, but Survivor still seems to do a great job wit their casting compared to Big Brother.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

TyrantWD posted:

The biggest problem in Big Brother is the outcast never wanting to accept that they are outcasts.

Oh God yes. That was especially apparent last season too.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
I appreciate you watching those Cody videos because I just can't. the kid irks me to no end.

I hope Cody makes the same face Paul made when Josh won. That moment was genuinely haunting, especially for reality TV. I can't decide who I most want sitting next to him, of course, because I hope the mayo alliance all lose.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

If you still care about this game, Enzo told Cody about Memphis’ whole Wise Guy plan with Christmas as the 4th. So Cody’s mad because Memphis is basically doing the same thing he’s doing and now Christmas is his target of whining. He’s saying a lot of tough talk about backdooring her. I think you all know my thoughts on Cody’s tough talk. I’m sure he does want to get Christmas out. It cuts off Memphis, Enzo, and Nicole who might be his ideal F4. But I don’t buy that Cody would take the heat from backstabbing Christmas. He scared of her.

Although it WOULD be funny to see Christmas backdoored by a Cody in her own alliance again.

Meanwhile they’re at a place where they’re just preemptively arguing against the criticism they know they’re gonna get for how bad this season is.
https://twitter.com/Tooms_BB/status...752425260048384

David for AFP.
https://twitter.com/BB22LiveFeeds/s...926382730764293

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

STAC Goat posted:

Meanwhile they’re at a place where they’re just preemptively arguing against the criticism they know they’re gonna get for how bad this season is.

https://twitter.com/Tooms_BB/status...752425260048384

He's not wrong.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Good luck if you're holding out hope for things to get interesting once "the Committee has to turn on each other" instead of just each one being systematically targeted and isolated just like everyone else this season while the majority juts takes the path of least resistance.

They only thing I'm looking forward to at this stage is the increasingly high odds of a second place finisher finishing second place a second time.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
At this point are we just hoping David just coasts to final 2 because everyone thinks he's a GOAT?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't think that's actually likely, but yes that would probably be the best case scenario. Hopefully beating one of Cody, Tyler, Dani, or Memphis for the lols.

Mostly I'm just happy its neither October so Halloween and sports will consume me. BB has never had to actually compete against my other passions before and I don't think BB22 is gonna win that fight.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

What is BB original music? The lyricless opening theme?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

nunsexmonkrock posted:

I'm guessing its just general legal speak. They can't sing Taylor Swift because BB would have to pay rights to people who own them. But if David composed an original song while on BB they'd own that and could air it no problem.

Conspiracies.
https://twitter.com/itskathryndunn/status/1309967648348930049
https://twitter.com/Tooms_BB/status/1309963550161395712

Christmas is big mad that she never gets to play in POV. The good news for her is that Cody is indeed scared shitless to backdoor her.

Nicole: Will it look really weird if I gun for the veto?
Cody: Not at all.
Nicole: I really gotta win this.
Cody: I really want you to cause I really don’t want to put Christmas on the block.
Nicole: I’m going to do everything I can. I'm not going for any prizes at all.
Cody: I’m not going for one. I really want to keep her off the block, that could be so bad.

Cody’s definitely all sketched out about Christmas, basically because he’s just realized she’s in good with Memphis, Nicole, Enzo, and Tyler. Dani’s also wanted Christmas out for awhile for similar reasons. And Enzo just likes bashing women. But Enzo also gave Memphis a heads up that Christmas could go up and Dani and Nicole might vote her out. So its probably a whole lot of tough talk. Dani is the only player I could really see pushing the issue if Christmas did end up on the block. Memphis is already counting votes to keep her and Tyler would be stupid to evict her. So Cody, Dani, and Nicole aren’t going against them.

And I don’t really know what Enzo’s doing but it would be weird and dumb for him to use the POV on someone he has no real relationship with and facilitate a backdoor of someone he has a F2 with.

Cody: If Christmas goes up as a pawn and she (Dani) wants to do that, I will be like "she is trying to get it to flip on you.”

That’s more like it.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Sep 26, 2020

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

nunsexmonkrock posted:

I assumed it was this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfaFJWbWqHA

I know I heard it during season 1.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

STAC Goat posted:

Good luck if you're holding out hope for things to get interesting once "the Committee has to turn on each other" instead of just each one being systematically targeted and isolated just like everyone else this season while the majority juts takes the path of least resistance.

They only thing I'm looking forward to at this stage is the increasingly high odds of a second place finisher finishing second place a second time.

right

Olds out first. Cody loses to Nicole. Nicole still loses her olay deal. Fin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My guess is Kevin this week and some combination of David, Dani, and Christmas out in the Triple Eviction. Barring a battleback that leaves a Cody, Nicole, Tyler, Enzo, and Memphis F6 with which ever one is left (my guess will be Dani will survive because shes a more effective rat than Christmas). After that its comps but I think Memphis and Enzo might both have F4 locked.

Part of me is rooting for Dani, not because I like her or think she played well but I think it would be funny if she manages to ratfuck her way to the end and then wins when Dan, Paul, and Tyler lost.

Part of me is rooting for Nicole, not because I like her or think she played well but because it would be funny if she was the only two time winner and SO many assholes would be pissed off about it.

Part of me is rooting for Christmas, not because I like her or think she played well but because I think it would be absolutely hilarious if Tyler took her to the end and then lost to Kaycee 2.0. That was funnier before Christmas did the very unKaycee move of a huge, messy fight.

Part of me is rooting for any scenario where Cody, Dani, Tyler, or Memphis finish second again.

Part of me is rooting for Enzo to finish 3rd again.

Part of me is rooting for Memphis to win just because it would piss the rest of them off soooooo much.

Of course it would be hilarious if David somehow won. Although oddly that would be annoying because I've already seen racists saying it would vindicate Jackson and prove he was never a racist because he correctly identified David as a threat from the word go thus proving how great a player Jackson was. They absolutely were not joking.

So see, there's a lot to root for this season. Especially if you're not actually watching. It gets a lot easier when all hope dies.

This is ridiculous but it fit.
https://twitter.com/allstarjanelle/...991160916717572