Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Chevy tuned up like a Nascar pitstop
My only regret is that only one of Tyler, Cody, and Memphis can be second.

Nicole beating Tyler is actually my ideal ratfuck scenario but I don't see how she beats anyone unless she goes on an epic comp run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I find it impossible to read the jury at this stage. Most of them are already in there and they're all so effective at self delusion and have their own version of events that I have no idea how they'll interpret things. A lot of it is just gonna come down to who backstabs who. Like case in point, its not gonna happen but a lot of people have their hopes up that Cody, Nicole, Tyler, or Enzo will win the POV, backdoor Christmas and evict her. They won't but if they did she'd be FURIOUS at Cody, whoever used the POV, and whoever she thought was in on it and evicted her. But like that actually puts Dani in an accidently great position outside the core. Even though Dani really wants Christmas out. But if Dani could play like she has with Ian and Day it could be a 3rd straight week of her cozying up to the evictee who was pissed at the others.

Again, I don't think that's gonna happen but that's the kind of deal I think we have now. Conversely Dani could win the next HOH and target Christmas and then Dani hates Christmas but like Tyler or Nicole plays nice with her. It all comes down to who makes what move. Everyone's gonna get backstabbed from this stage on so its gonna come down to who has their hands on the knives.

Or they could all be like Ian and just weirdly be cool with being backstabbed as long as it wasn't the inferior players who did it.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

STAC Goat posted:

Or they could all be like Ian and just weirdly be cool with being backstabbed as long as it wasn't the inferior players who did it.

This is my exact worry.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That's definitely a thing. Jury Management is basically about making the jurors feel better about losing and sometimes all a juror wants is to feel like their team won and the other guy lost.

But since everyone NOT in the douchebag alliance is already evicted it really only is a factor if somehow David or Kevin get to the end. And if they pull that off I could see them just winning AFP as a big "gently caress you" to the Committee.

I like BB for the same reason I like sports. Its inconsequential stuff I can care too much about. I can care deeply and passionately when its fulfilling and I can just walk away and stop caring when its gotten to be too much. There are 7 douchebags. 6 of them will be disappointed and mad. That's good odds. Its all about perspective.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Yes you're absolutely right. And honestly I kinda remember last year was devastatingly boring and bad but it turns out I'm basically over the heartbreak immediately after the finale ends. BB is dead, long live BB.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I'm like kinda mad when Jackson wins but then forget he exists for 8 months until the new season starts and someone's like "We should have more great players like Jackson" and then I vaguely remember that terrible person I hated so much for a short time.

Even this season I was like "Oh, Cody. Yeah I'm interested to see how he does without Derrick. He's not Paulie." to "loving Cody. I forgot how much I hated him. At least its not Paulie." in like 2 days.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
They really should have just done a new cast this year and waited until the pandemic ended to do an All Stars season.

We probably would have had a lot better cast when nobody is worried about COVID.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cody won OTEV. David won 10K. Everyone’s super mad at him. Tyler won money in the HOH and no one’s mad at him. Hmm.

Dani: I don’t want to vote for him (David) to stay.
Memphis: I don’t either.
Christmas: I want to talk to Cody. It's not my decision.
Dani: We vote.
Christmas: Cody is HoH.

New School.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Cody won OTEV. David won 10K. Everyone’s super mad at him. Tyler won money in the HOH and no one’s mad at him. Hmm.

Dani: I don’t want to vote for him (David) to stay.
Memphis: I don’t either.
Christmas: I want to talk to Cody. It's not my decision.
Dani: We vote.
Christmas: Cody is HoH.

New School.

Random question but since I hate everyone left - what’s the political breakdown of these people? I need somebody to root for

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Mostly I don't think you're gonna get a lot of informed, defined politics from BB HGs. They're celebrity obsessed and shallow people. And this crew are hyper aware of the cameras being veterans. Like Janelle's a libertarian who took her kids to BLM marches. BB HGs like most Americans are gonna be a confusing mix of ideas and ignorance based on personal experiences and life goals.

But I'd sort of say David is furthest left, Cody is furthest right, and everyone else is somewhere in the poorly defined "moderate" scale. Kevin's been open to a lot of what David, Day, and Bay have said about BLM and LGBTQ stuff but doesn't seem terribly informed. Memphis and Christmas seem to veer right with some sketchy behavior towards the POC but they had some fairly "liberal" conversations with Kaysar. Tyler of course invoked BLM to Day, Bay, and the show but also told others that if Bay "brought up race" he was quitting. Dani strikes me as fairly liberal. She fought Cody on his dumb Covid denial and a few of his dumb Fox News views here or there. Cody is a prototypical Fox News viewer from a family that watches Fox News as a family event. I have no idea what Nicole thinks of anything beyond herself. Enzo has never had a serious non game/family conversation in that house but he seems like he's got issues with women. David's probably the furthest left person left in the house but he's not exactly coherent or well stated.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Mostly I don't think you're gonna get a lot of informed, defined politics from BB HGs. They're celebrity obsessed and shallow people. And this crew are hyper aware of the cameras being veterans. Like Janelle's a libertarian who took her kids to BLM marches. BB HGs like most Americans are gonna be a confusing mix of ideas and ignorance based on personal experiences and life goals.

But I'd sort of say David is furthest left, Cody is furthest right, and everyone else is somewhere in the poorly defined "moderate" scale. Kevin's been open to a lot of what David, Day, and Bay have said about BLM and LGBTQ stuff but doesn't seem terribly informed. Memphis and Christmas seem to veer right with some sketchy behavior towards the POC but they had some fairly "liberal" conversations with Kaysar. Tyler of course invoked BLM to Day, Bay, and the show but also told others that if Bay "brought up race" he was quitting. Dani strikes me as fairly liberal. She fought Cody on his dumb Covid denial and a few of his dumb Fox News views here or there. Cody is a prototypical Fox News viewer from a family that watches Fox News as a family event. I have no idea what Nicole thinks of anything beyond herself. Enzo has never had a serious non game/family conversation in that house but he seems like he's got issues with women. David's probably the furthest left person left in the house but he's not exactly coherent or well stated.

Well if I’m gonna hate watch a show I might as well choose my favorite to be the person not voting for a criminal. Go Dani! (Since David has no chance)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Look at this rear end in a top hat.
https://twitter.com/Tooms_BB/status/1310654856667910144

Full disclosure, my two biggest obsessions in this world are baseball and horror so like a good BB season would struggle to hold my attention going forward but this season? I’m probably just gonna naturally check out. I’ve already pretty much dropped my habits of checking up on it. Sorry, guys. My obsessions are seasonal and BB came too late in the year.

Whatever. This dude is gonna win All Stars or something. I guess its in keeping with Boogie’s win. Can’t wait to see him come back and coach some newbies with his brilliant strategy and wisdom.
https://twitter.com/Tooms_BB/status/1310696359956066304

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Thanks for your efforts to date. All good. I'm curious who gets shredded in the triple eviction then I probably won't care after that unless one of these threads takes off indicating something went down.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
No way. OTEV curse for sure.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Committee are just being openly smug and superior at this stage. Its utterly contemptible.
https://twitter.com/BB_Updates/status/1310746493389766657

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

bagrada posted:

Thanks for your efforts to date. All good. I'm curious who gets shredded in the triple eviction then I probably won't care after that unless one of these threads takes off indicating something went down.
You know what's funny? My whole BB Twitter feed of updates have basically quit on this season too.

https://twitter.com/DukeTheBBDuck/status/1310797306007113728

I feel like we're all as a fanbase just hanging on to Thursday to see how this Triple Eviction goes and then its gonna be a race to clear out the parking lot and beat traffic home.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Is there really 30 more days of this? I stopped watching in week 2, and have only been getting updates through this thread.

I really hope the producers are paying attention to the fan reaction and (hopefully?) the tanking tv ratings/live feed watchers...

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Big Brother and baseball? There's masochism and then there's...whatever this is.

Thanks for being the best part of a season of Big Brother.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Bucswabe posted:

Is there really 30 more days of this? I stopped watching in week 2, and have only been getting updates through this thread.

I really hope the producers are paying attention to the fan reaction and (hopefully?) the tanking tv ratings/live feed watchers...

stacgoat is amazing I think I read his/her posts more than I watch the show. Thank you Stac!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Faustian Bargain posted:

Big Brother and baseball? There's masochism and then there's...whatever this is.
What can I say? I really like slow paced, nuanced, often disappointing and not worth the effort stuff.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Dr Will told the HGs to think "not 1 step ahead, not 2, but 3." So they know its gonna be a Triple Eviction. So if you were hoping for chaos and shock or for someone to try and make a big move in the double only for it to backfire in the triple, ah well. This is BB22.

My guess is that will increase the odds of David going in the Double because no one will want to make a big move and then have it immediately come back on them.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Wow so Dr Will actually was anti-entertainment.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
The one "good" thing about this season being a bust is they will almost certainly pump out more BB before next summer now that they have production worked out so we should get a do-over soon enough. Julie already teased a new Celebrity back at the start of this season in some interview.

If Survivor really is grounded for a year maybe they can do a Survivor alumni edition in the Spring. Looking forward to that with its inevitable Final 2 of Jeff Varner and Dan Spilo.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

"Celebrity" Big Brother is awful and I'd rather they just competently cast a new regular season.

Or just crank out more Challenge, which actually had a great gimmick last season.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Challenges gimmick should be on every comp show. At least once you need to have your head on the block?

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Snowmankilla posted:

Challenges gimmick should be on every comp show. At least once you need to have your head on the block?
Yes, you didn't make the final if you didn't win an elimination. It was funny because it started out they just throw in the same guy over and over at the start then people smartened up and were campaigning to be in the elimination by the end.

Faustian Bargain fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Sep 30, 2020

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Ehh it works for the challenge because your fate is in your own hands in the elimination. It wouldn’t be as effective in a show where you vote for who goes home.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
At this point, as much as it pains me to say it, they need to cancel Big Brother.

5 years in a row of dogshit seasons shows the game is broken. Just bury it.

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006
Maybe it's time to swap back to the original format where America votes people out.

Maybe don't tell the contestants this until a few weeks in.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

MisterZimbu posted:

Maybe it's time to swap back to the original format where America votes people out.

Maybe don't tell the contestants this until a few weeks in.

Only problem with that is they'd have to make up vote counts to hide the twist, and that could be problematic.

Now, maybe there's some virtue in no longer telling the house the vote count at all. Eliminates the hinky vote frame-up strategy that has been popular of late, as well as the pressure to vote with the house if you're in the minority.

Hell, give the HoH a secret choice, where they can choose to push a button or something that will give them a prize but give the eviction power to America for that week, but they can't tell anyone else about it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

FYI, feeds have been down all afternoon so its not a live show tonight. In case you had any residual excitement.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
From what I am reading they seem to know it's going to be a triple eviction.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Dr. Will told them to "thing not 2 steps ahead, but 3." So they figured it out pretty quickly and it was just a case of whether they thought it was real or a tease. But they were very aware of the possability.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
They should have the S15 cast host some comps to make these people realize how much they suck.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Ah okay - from what I read it seemed like the producers explicitly told them - The reason I believed it is because it is believable.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean its entirely possible they were directly told. We don't know what's said off feeds or in DR. Many believe the DR tips favored HGs off directly with explicit info. I tend to think the DR asks leading question like "can you trust your allies?" and "what do you think will happen on Thursday?" and we ignore the 99% of it that just breeds paranoia and false predictions and zero in on when they get it right as evidence that they were tipped off. But really we have no idea. They COULD tip them off. Who knows?

But in this case Will gave them a clue and they've all discussed the possibility. Some are simply more sure than others and I think that probably splits on lines of who feels comfortable and who feels nervous.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Dani's BB BFF won HOH. Everyone in the house is happy about this, which means someone's gonna be real mad.

I have no idea what Cody will do. He SHOULD do Tyler/Christmas. It would seem crazy to put up Nicole, Enzo, or Memphis. But Cody is a coward who never planned for the hard part of the game so I dunno.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
https://twitter.com/uncookedpork/status/1311849997210714114?s=19

The top tweet under #bb22.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!