Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I thought the whole cast was leaked last night?

https://twitter.com/rbbq/status/1290791758222307329?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

jimmydalad posted:

I already see people trashing Kevin's BB11 game and saying he was never really good on Reddit. The reads are very much yikes, but I just hope people don't retroactively think that players were always terrible.

I don’t remember him in BB11 at all, but I also don’t rewatch seasons. I know I watched Season 1, and then never watched again until 8 but I haven’t missed a season since.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Was S11 Natalie the one who didn’t shower?

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Anyone else find themselves obsessing more than normal about this show because of COVID?

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

I think most people are too nervous to throw. Dani and Enzo might throw. Day and Bay might throw. I'm not sold anyone else feels good enough in their house position to throw. And I think even like Dani or Enzo might see this as a perfectly good week to win and throw up Janelle/Kaysar or NicoleA/Kevin/David/Ian and not have any real problems. Plus Dani wants Nicole and Ian out of the house and Enzo actually kind of wants to make some moves at people like Memphis and Tyler. They'd probably prefer someone else do it for them but its not a bad time to try.

So Janelle, Kaysar, Nicole A, or Ian? And Kaysar's becoming a reach?

Sadly Cody's not going anywhere and I think we missed the window for Cody/Nicole F noms. He's probably good until he pulls a Paulie. Which I really think he might.

If I were in that house, I'd keep needling him about COVID until he started ranting about Wayfair and Tom Hanks being part of some crazy syndicate and self evicts.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Maybe I’m wrong but the racist season that no one likes to remember really seems to have been the turning point for this.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
This season just makes me want to watch Kaysar and Janeles old seasons again because I missed those.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I can't really say I'm a fan of her as a person. But as a player? She plays a great social game, is really remarkable and reading what individuals need and giving it to them without them feeling patronized, and seems strategically sound. The fact that she was able to volunteer to be a pawn, have everyone in the house tell Kaysar "there's no chance in hell you're getting a single vote against her", and then not be targeted once in the HOH is a testament to her game position.

And Day/Bay aren't bad targets for her at all. Bay in particular is a good target since she's the other woman Enzo, Tyler, and Cody talk about working with. Nicole and Bay are targeting each other and Christmas is close to Nicole so she could get caught in the crossfire. Christmas doesn't know it but it takes apart the Slick Six and in turn strengthens the Committee/her position. And no one's really gonna be gunning for her and even if Day/Bay won HOH and put her up she'd be up next to someone who might be a bigger target.

Its not good tv, but I can't call it bad game.

My god. I can't believe her season was 3 years ago. I guess its because my memories of Jackson/Holly and Cody/Jessica are the same. Anyways, i remember seeing the inklings of an amazing game when she got hurt and wanting them to recast her in 20 or 21. She was probably my favorite part of 19 which doesnt make her an all star, but I guess being willing to abandon your kid during a pandemic to be be on a reality show make her qualified.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I’d argue that the fan base became toxic because reality TV 1.0 was dyingand they had to launch 2.0 - normal people stopped being cast in these shows in favor of a bunch of self obsessed people seeking their 15 minutes or super fans who get walked all over.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Tyler is worse than Aaryn.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
STAC - thank you for doing this for years. Once you stop doing it, I think the show is dead to me

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
If that were true; Paul would won on his last season, come back for All-Stars and then told Kaysar and Janelle they were have nots forever because they're old, sabotaged all the POC in comps, and started giving speeches about his good genes

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
They really should have just done a new cast this year and waited until the pandemic ended to do an All Stars season.

We probably would have had a lot better cast when nobody is worried about COVID.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Cody won OTEV. David won 10K. Everyone’s super mad at him. Tyler won money in the HOH and no one’s mad at him. Hmm.

Dani: I don’t want to vote for him (David) to stay.
Memphis: I don’t either.
Christmas: I want to talk to Cody. It's not my decision.
Dani: We vote.
Christmas: Cody is HoH.

New School.

Random question but since I hate everyone left - what’s the political breakdown of these people? I need somebody to root for

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Mostly I don't think you're gonna get a lot of informed, defined politics from BB HGs. They're celebrity obsessed and shallow people. And this crew are hyper aware of the cameras being veterans. Like Janelle's a libertarian who took her kids to BLM marches. BB HGs like most Americans are gonna be a confusing mix of ideas and ignorance based on personal experiences and life goals.

But I'd sort of say David is furthest left, Cody is furthest right, and everyone else is somewhere in the poorly defined "moderate" scale. Kevin's been open to a lot of what David, Day, and Bay have said about BLM and LGBTQ stuff but doesn't seem terribly informed. Memphis and Christmas seem to veer right with some sketchy behavior towards the POC but they had some fairly "liberal" conversations with Kaysar. Tyler of course invoked BLM to Day, Bay, and the show but also told others that if Bay "brought up race" he was quitting. Dani strikes me as fairly liberal. She fought Cody on his dumb Covid denial and a few of his dumb Fox News views here or there. Cody is a prototypical Fox News viewer from a family that watches Fox News as a family event. I have no idea what Nicole thinks of anything beyond herself. Enzo has never had a serious non game/family conversation in that house but he seems like he's got issues with women. David's probably the furthest left person left in the house but he's not exactly coherent or well stated.

Well if I’m gonna hate watch a show I might as well choose my favorite to be the person not voting for a criminal. Go Dani! (Since David has no chance)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
They should have the S15 cast host some comps to make these people realize how much they suck.