Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I ran a BrantSteele simulation of the season with the rumored cast and :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

cast is supposed to drop tomorrow right?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Paul confirmed he won't be playing, pulled himself out of the pool due to not being in a good headspace for the game and wanting to remain near his parents who apparently have surgeries scheduled in the near future. Cannot blame him. Allegedly there's also some unclear squabble about Derrick L. from 16 starting a group text and losing his spot because of it.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

No major confirmed news, there should be a media drop on some or all of the cast next Monday should everything go okay.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think it look neat

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

thank you STAC goat your work is super appreciated 🙏

Maybe just call Nicole by her last name, Franzel?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

also alliance wise nothing in the bb house sticks until after the first vote

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i was hoping my nerds would band together :(

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

probably no battle back due to quarantining risks, right?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think its gonna be nicole a and keesha on the block first based on how the house is vibing

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i definitely prefer the twist of the safety suite from how its described to some of the more game breaking ones we've had in the past like battle of the block or the roadkill or the mvp thing

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Austin definitely has had one of the better exits from the world of Reality TV.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i was just talking up season 6 to another goon so this is great to see play out

whatup kaysar!
\o/

also i really hope da'vonne does really well this season. she's gotten a bad beat her last two times out but she's honestly one of the most pleasant people to get to play the game

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the house likes ian though and ian is absolutely a threat to win veto and/or hoh. if he does try to get him out it should be an attempted backdoor.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

especially the first HOH, you're under such a magnifying glass that really all you can do is just follow the feel of the house and enjoy the big bedroom. I feel like this became the standard after the incident with Brian and Jerry from 10.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Memphis mentioned on the feeds being contacted right before the Sequester was cued to begin so it sounds like he was a last second alternative, same as Keesha.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Wow, Cody's really overplaying this first HOH. This might backfire for him.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i want nicole a to win HOH next week to throw the house into max chaos

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

okay so this has already catapulted ahead of most of the post BB14 seasons

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Kaysar socially is probably just being overwhelmed with anxiety but he's honestly playing a really really strong social game right now. Even if he goes up next week i don't think he'd be voted out based on how the relationships are shaking out.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i want to feel bad for keesha but...shes just not really trying to play. if she's the first vote, it's probably the least offensive first boot of the season. Kevin I hope can stick around, he seems to be a slow starter but I feel like he could do some damage if he can juuuuuuuust make it to Jury. Bay/Day/Nicole A/Ian/Kaysar/Janelle is the alliance that *needs* to happen for their own benefit but I don't know if they'll see it/line it up.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

he probably should be.

i think at the very least kaysar/janelle have definitely figured out the house dynamics and ian and nicole A will too. I think, if he can calm down and stop overplaying, Cody might be fine following this week if people start to perceive Nicole F or Tyler as the threats that probably need to go. The way things are ramping up...i think this might actually wind up resembling Season 6

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i ran a BrantSteele that spoils the season

https://brantsteele.com/bigbrother/template/r.php?c=bt0HRmgk

it's a trip how accurate it's following the irl alliance lines :psyduck:

end result of the sim: It predicts a Final Three of Bay, Da'vonne, and Kaysar, with Day turning on Bayleigh at the very end and losing the final 2 vote to Kaysar

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Aug 7, 2020

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

jimmydalad posted:

I already see people trashing Kevin's BB11 game and saying he was never really good on Reddit. The reads are very much yikes, but I just hope people don't retroactively think that players were always terrible.

Always Badding is one of the dumber trends of today's internet.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

also this is mildly unreleated and probably unrealistic based on the less than mainstream popularity of the show in its home country, but if Canada can find a way to safely do it with quarantining in place and a 2 week sequester for the players and some staff (paying them well compensation for doing so), and only after they're able to safely do so with a minimal staff, i think they should give resuming CBB8 another shot. you can run a season with the same 12 players, have arisa just Zoom in as host, have player and staff interaction minimized, you could probably do much lower scale and lower budget games that don't require as much crew to physically work on challenges.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

he and natalie from that season played a huge part in blowing up the jeff/jordan/michelle/russell alliance and it allowed them to take over the game when they should have been dead to rights after chima's expulsion

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Pillowpants posted:

Was S11 Natalie the one who didn’t shower?

she showered when she had access to the hoh bathroom because at the time that one didnt have cameras trained on it

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Sure, sure. I'm addicted because of covid. Lets go with that.
having covid for 18 years is tough

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

stac you're killing my browser with all of these twitter embeds

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

big brother players should get a familiar that they are responsible for for as long as they remain in the game.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

my familiar in the bb house would be a cube with strong protective arms that make me feel safe

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

safety suite seems to be the best pre-jury twist they've introduced since they started doing those in bb12. not too game breaking and the same person can't hog it over and over, and its still a gamble to play in it.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i really hope some consolidation of ian/janelle/kaysar formally materializes and one of them wins HOH. if this winds up being a brigade 2.0 season its gonna be a not fun slog.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i wont lie, if this is just a season of one alliance just controlling the game the entire time im probably peacing out before too long.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

this is going to be a slow trudge to a cody and enzo final two and every week we're gonna see a player "see the light" a week after its too late because thats all that happens in these seasons. i think im bored with it, i think big brother is just a fundamentally broken game at this point

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

oh so the massive majority alliance is also really petulant and entitled too what a surprise, glad i checked out. cue ian realizing three weeks too late "oh drat maybe i should have worked with janelle and kaysar"

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

returning players get paid a downside when doing new seasons of reality shows. across the board.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

if day wins hoh (yeah right lol) i'll probably be sucked back in

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i mean if shes stupid enough to not realize she's in danger when her friends keep getting nominated and evicted every cycle she deserves to lose. seriously, this week only AFTER TWISTS AND VETO, is the very first time a white guy has sat in the nomination chair. if she hasn't figured it out already, she's never going to figure it out.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Sep 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

kevin sounds like the most self sabotaging player the game has seen since brian hart