Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fallen One
May 1, 2007

" Whoa! Death? He's come for me!... Death is sleeping too..."

STAC Goat posted:

Prior to the punishment stuff Day, Bay, and Kevin had another adult conversation. Day started by asking why they can never be the majority in the house and how there’s just natural cultural bonding elements that work against them but link up two people like Memphis and Christmas. This leads to a nuanced conversation about gender identity and the conflicts between different minority groups seeking rights who feel left out of each others’ movements. Kevin brings up an African American Survivor winner who says he’s shunned by CBS because his season had an all black F6. Did any Survivor season have that? That doesn’t sound right.

He's probably talking about Fiji which had an all black final 3 (Earl won) and only one white person in the final 5. That and Cook Islands I think were the only seasons with all non-white final fours which I guess is what is possible when white people are only 1/4 instead of 3/4 of the cast like they usually are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallen One
May 1, 2007

Man, finally an interesting scenario that will hopefully lead to a majority alliance member going home (even if it's just Tyler). I don't think it will save the rest of the season but at least they are starting to get uncomfortable. Day better stand her ground and use it on Kevin.

Fallen One
May 1, 2007

Ian won his season because he had HOH or veto every week in the jury phase until the final four when Dan decided an intact showmance was more dangerous. Dan wanted him gone well before that and tried to make it happen during the second double eviction. He's not a great social player but I think only Jackson could challenge him for most impressive comp run.

I remember him posting on Survivor Sucks right afterwards and being fairly self-deprecating of his win and saying he thought he played a decent well-rounded game but wouldn't put himself even in the top half of the winners. That said, I hate what he has been doing the past couple days. Hopefully he'll get some perspective and apologize afterwards.