Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
I'm ready to live watch what potentially constitutes "a good season of BB". BB21 was fun to watch at times but mostly frustrating. This year I watched a few more seasons, BB16 and 18 in preparation for this one based on some of the rumors so I've got a decent idea of what Cody and Nicole F are like. I'm honestly just happy to see David and Nicole A return!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
David was knocked out super early like right after the first comp, but was able to come back into the house during the time camp comeback was running. He ultimately lost the chance to get back into the house but he was definitely trying to get in a good game position and I thought he had a pretty good attitude about things and was one of the better personalities in the house for the short time he was there.

Nicole A was another one of those personalities, and I liked her approach to the game over the more ruthless/cutthroat types. Mostly I think I was just on board with her "happy to just be here" attitude, though there was some nasty poo poo that went down with the different alliances accusing her of all sorts of poo poo when that wasn't really her intent and that still irritates me to think about. Then when she tried to go at least talk it out they shut her out of the room and continued making GBS threads all over her and it was really nasty and unfair and reminded me of some of the shittiest times I had in high school. ANYWAY, I'm not sure how far that her kind of nice and non-ruthless style of approach to the game can really go, from other seasons I've watched that tends to fizzle out pretty quick, though it worked well for her season. I'm excited to see how she approaches the game this time, what she switches up, what she doesn't, and how she'll handle the comps this time.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

I feel like there was something else that happened between David and Jack regarding a mixer cup left in the fridge, but I don't remember specifically. Basically BB21 was horrible and the winner is a loving racist so don't watch it!

I thought that was the shaker cup with Kemi and Jack. Either way yeah BB21 was very bad overall.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

My memory is Kemi put her shaker cup in the fridge one time and Jack LOST HIS MIND over it and would not stop bringing it up as a sign of a what a horrible bitch Kemi is. Then it turned out Jackson put it in there as one of his many schemes to stir up poo poo against the non white people in the house.

Ah yes, I remember now that even beyond that moment he had a HUGE hatred of Kemi for some reason...

Ugh, the less said of 21 the better...

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
no no kitties stop fighting~

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
We're back to napping kitties, this is acceptable for now!

EDIT: I didn't know about Kaysar before now, never watched BB6, but I really don't want him to go home this week; Seems like a genuinely good person.

FEEDS BACK

Tyler is holding a suite VIP pass

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Aug 6, 2020

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Earlier, Christmas asked Cody if he knew of the chestburster dancing scene in Spaceballs to which Cody said he did not, proving Christmas rules and Cody is lame!!

Also I think Nicole A is excited to eat real food again and may prepare a pizza as soon as she's allowed.

Kind of annoyed that she doesn't seem to want to work with Janelle and Kaysar, but oh well...

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Aug 12, 2020

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

I think the fundamental problem is Janelle and Kaysar are two of the more together people in the house with full formed senses of self so Christmas just doesn't have the room to manipulate them the way she does someone as insecure as Cody. Plus they're clearly on the outs and Christmas is situated fine on the other side of the house.

Ahh I probably should have clarified I was talking about Nicole in that context, sorry! Though, yeah I would like Christmas to work with them too but what you said makes sense.

I think maybe the slop screwed up Nicole A's game time and she missed some opportunities. I know you said she's reliving that trauma from last year but I kinda hoped she'd be more aware of that and maybe not being 100% played a part in that.

As it stands now I'm basically throwing everything into Kaysar and Janelle, hoping for a HOH win from either of them... or David! Still want to see what kind of moves he'd make as an HOH.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Keesha's gotta go; I now wish to see Kevin's desire for a Anita Veto HOH fulfilled!

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
I'm starting to feel like the feeds of the players are just a bonus alongside the kitty/doggy feeds :3:

Glad Nicole seems to finally be aware and kinda sorta on board with Janelle and Kaysar! I agree that Nicole and Janelle is reminiscent of Nicole and Kat last year; that week with Jessica as HOH was probably my favorite week of BB21 live feeds, just in general with some good bonding moments, not just game-wise talk or whatever.

David making Jury would be great and is a decent goal but I still have hope for him to win and I hope he still has that goal in mind. Playing dumb was an interesting strategy but I think with what Memphis has said he's onto him so now's the time to start playing for real.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Feeds are back! Christmas is talking alone, talking about her game and the sides of the house

I think she did the safety suite comp and won?

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Can't wait to see karma knock Memphis onto his rear end

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

She’s 100 going up and if POV doesn’t save her she’s gone.

Which like bums me out because I like her but also I think it devastates the house dynamics. Kevin goes with Cody. David goes with Cody. DayBay go with Cody. Janelle and Kaysar completely isolated.

And it means we lose the weird and fun Nicole A/Janelle friendship.

YUUUP. Hate to see it!

Nicole... You in danger, girl!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxBfukKmATo

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
With the way Kevin's been acting you'd think someone or multiples offered him a deal or something

BUT WHO WOULD KNOW WHEN THE FEEDS WERE DOWN FOR 75% OF THE DAY

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Yeah, I'm think I'm done rooting for him now. I really hope there's a backdoor because I'm not ready to see either David or Nicola leave just yet. Nicole F backdoor is preferable but if it ends up being Kaysar then I guess that'll work.

EDIT: gently caress that; get Kevin out! Bay just had a chat with Janelle and Kaysar and threw Kevin under the bus. They're all on the same page now, yess let's goooo

Janelle thinks he's not a comp threat so it sounds like they want to use him and feed him misinformation instead of just getting him out.

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Aug 15, 2020

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Nicole A just finished a talk with Memphis and they sorted some stuff out, basically he's saying let's just wait to see what happens with POV and if it doesn't get used or she's still up on the block he doesn't think anyone is gunning for her... which isn't true Nicole F clearly hates and wants Nicole A out buuuuut she screwed over Memphis so maybe that's his motivation against targeting Nicole A. Which means David is in danger of going home if there isn't another target! DAVID, WIN THE POV.

STAC Goat posted:

I half think Kevin is one of those people who isn't happy unless he's unhappy and poo poo talking someone and wants other people to be there with him. That glee with which he jumped on Nicole's tears to bury Janelle and make Nicole feel as low as possible. It just really felt very toxic to me.

Thinking back to him feeding bullshit to Nicole A last night just, ughhh. So slimey!!

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Aug 15, 2020

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Feeds are back to dogs and cats. This means they're picking POV players, right?

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
I've heard enough people on both sides complaining about him, so maybe the whole house will turn on Kevin and they'll backdoor him instead. That is the only possible net positive outcome of this week that I can see

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
If Nicole stays on the block... Honestly maybe it's for the best that she goes home. She really doesn't seem interested in working with Janelle and Kaysar based on the various chances they've given her, and if she's going to stick to Kevin she's just going to get played. I like her, she's great, but in terms of the game I just don't see it working out unless she has a change of heart.

Listening to this conversation with Cody, Tyler and David about the movie "Just Go With It". Why am I not surprised Cody is an Adam Sandler fan? Got a chuckle out of Cody slowing down his description of Sandler's character as he starts to realize how lovely that character actually is.

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Aug 15, 2020

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

Probably not happening unless the whole house explodes.

It would follow the pattern of bb21 redux that she's been experiencing thus far.

I'll spend some time manifesting this for good measure.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
That's fair; she worked well when bouncing things off an ally like Cliff, and this season the ally she's chosen is... Kevin.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
For sure. It was nice to see Nicole A again and to have another shot but maybe it would have been best done with a future season rather than right back for All-Stars. Kinda/sorta same with David but I really wanted to see him compete again asap and I'm hoping he stays and his own star starts to shine alongside the others this season.

I'd been wondering if David and Nicole were replacements for other players who couldn't participate; it would make sense in that case. Kaysar and Janelle both have really strong personalities and have a good game relationship too, to production's credit when it came to the casting. I didn't know about them before now but the first thing I'm going to do after this season is go back and watch their seasons.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Well, Christmas just finished up a pretty good pep talk with Nicole and seemed to help align her mind out of the gutter of despair. Maybe there's a chance of convincing Memphis for a deal to pull her off the block. I waver back and forth about it because the writing is pretty much on the wall at this point but I hate being pessimistic...

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Oh cool she went back to talk with... Kevin :smithicide:

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, Nicole's gonna get out and immediately be like "Oh God, I'm an idiot, I'm so sorry, I love Janelle." If there's one person in this cast who has shown they have no problem admitting they were wrong its Nicole.

Its just gonna be real awkward until then. Especially if she's sequestered and doing exit interviews like Keesha and is like "gently caress Janelle and Kaysar!" and no one can say anything. But I'm still not clear on if Keesha is sequestered or not.

For a little while yesterday it seemed like whoever controls the "cut feeds" button was in the restroom or something and Bay mentioned something in passing like a battleback is a sure thing. Of course no idea if that's accurate or true but during this time people also seemed to talk about production without anyone saying anything...

STAC Goat posted:

Who knows?

Yeah I know there's no way to know; it seemed weird so I was just throwing that out there.

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Aug 17, 2020

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

Or I guess you could stan Christmas.

This is where it's heading for me.

At least if/when Jaysar is gone. I've lost all hope in Nicola; there's simply too much gaslighting going on and she's too trusting in the wrong people and her gut, which is bad, and it was bad last year too but she had people around to say "nah, that ain't it" and I don't think she realizes this.

In just two weeks I've grown to love Janelle and Kaysar, and hearing that they possibly could have formed something bigger is amazing and now it might not happen and well this stinks.

But yeah, Christmas more and more looks like a strong competitor with a heart and that's basically what gives me life so here's hoping.

This will probably sound stupid and crazy, but if in some weird parallel universe this game show were to instead exist as some kind of fictional movie anthology series where the characters are written the same way as our reality, BB21 would be Nicole's sort-of "Rocky" style story where she always wanted to play, didn't win, but went the distance. For BB22, though, instead of a "Rocky II" sequel we're getting some kind of hosed up mix of "Rocky V", "Mean Girls", and "Rudy".

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Aug 18, 2020

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
poo poo's going down with Nicole A, she's PISSED. Just went into the DR.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
At this point Nicole A is straight up brainwashed and weaponized by the other side of the house and the thought of that is just nauseating. At this point she could end up not only staying but being the on the frontline to booting Jaysar out!

For once I'm kind of glad she's not good at comps.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

I feel like at any moment Janell could be like “What the gently caress?” until then its just a ton of Nicole’s nonsense. Oh god, she’s talking to the other Nicole now. Nope. Can’t do it. I’m out.

It's OK, production did too. LOL

vvv Yesss, those are the best moments.

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Aug 20, 2020

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Janelle and Kaysar are absolute legends and I know no one needs to hear that at this point but GODDAMN they are fighting for her so bad that I'm actually tearing up about it.

Kevin is a big dummy and I honestly feel like Kaysar and Janelle should just helicopter parent Nicole for the rest of her time in the house and keep that loving idiot away from her.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
There's been several attempts at this alliance and good grief it's just never going to happen. Every attempt there's a good faith effort by Janelle and Kaysar and then after they've said their piece and leave someone swoops right in and just. undoes. EVERYTHING.

Edit: Hahaha, Kaysar woke up and immediately went back into alliance construction mode with Christmas. And right after Christmas went to tell Memphis and Nicole F all about it. Nicole A is definitely going home.

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Aug 20, 2020

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Everything about Nicole F has always screamed "Fake" to me. Even the voice. Like she just puts on a Doofy-style personality but in reality she's completely different. Possibly a psychopath!

STAC Goat posted:

Kevin says he has a short term plan of staying good with the alliance until the targets disappear.

"First they came for Janelle, and I did not care, because Janelle is mean.

Then they came for Kaysar, and I did not care, because Kaysar is a douchebag.

Then they came for me... but waaaiiiiit... something doesn't... quite... add up... Why would they come for me... if I'm good with the alliance?"

--Kevin Campbell, BB22/All-Stars 2, evicted pre-jury
(god I hope)

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Aug 22, 2020

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
uggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Jack Shack >>>>>>> Sex Stool

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
David :(

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Well I cancelled my sub because this season seems to suck big time and I used a free code which was about to lapse so I figured I was done.

And then they sent me another free code this morning so uh I guess I'm gonna watch this poo poo for another month, god help me. Here's hoping poo poo explodes in the next few weeks. I guess I can finish my watch of season 6, too.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Can David use his power after the Veto ceremony? I mean I doubt he can, but if Christmas were to put Tyler up only for David to pull him back down I would laugh really hard at that. I haven't been checking feeds much so I don't know who is or isn't in the loop on Tyler's plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
RIP Christmas's game