Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Ian should absolutely be a target for Cody this week. He's one of the most easily-justifiable noms in the house: good at comps so an obvious threat, good social game but probably hasn't built up the house's love for him yet, unlikely to be close with Cody and/or likely to already have Cody on his target list, and is a previous winner so no guilt about bouncing him early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Yeah, I guess I didn't think an All Star season would fall into the same trap as the past several regular seasons, but it sure seems like that's where we're headed.

Disappointing.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Suddenly Susan posted:

This would have been the perfect year to increase the prize to a million. Keep that going forward and you get a slightly bigger pool of possible houseguests. Even MTV can do a million for The Challenge.

It is kind of weird that the show where you have to abandon your home, job, and loved ones to live under constant surveillance for up to 90 days has half the prize of the show where you spend two weeks traveling around the world with a partner of your choosing. The big prize should definitely be $1 million.

Also, I wonder if they should guarantee the full stipend for everyone who makes the show, not just the ones who make it to jury. We've seen so many seasons lately where the entire goal for a bunch of players is to survive until jury, which leads to a lot of passive gameplay. But if that financial consideration was removed, I wonder if we'd see some bolder moves in the early game. It wouldn't solve the "influencers trying to stay on TV to build their brand" problem, but I think it might help shake things up and curb some of the floater tendencies and might make the show a more attractive opportunity for people with actual lives and jobs.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

As terrible as this season is, I am glad that it's more or less validating the original perception I had of Ian as a player - that he won his season because Dan carried him to the final three and then screwed up and picked the more sympathetic goat to sit next to. I remember after his season when he was doing The Talk or something, Ian trotted out his big "master plan" chart that he had drawn up before going into the house that would lead him to victory, and really leaned into the wunderkind genius persona. Even as members of the jury were admitting that they voted against Dan out of spite more than for Ian as a deserving winner.

But now he's back, and it's clear that while he can win some comps his game was only ever "find someone else to play the game for you, stick with them, and hope they don't betray you." Worked last time, didn't work this time.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Faustian Bargain posted:

No just tell them that but actually randomize it.

I'd say have it change (either at random or specifically in line with game events), but let them notice it themselves and never tell them anything about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

MisterZimbu posted:

Maybe it's time to swap back to the original format where America votes people out.

Maybe don't tell the contestants this until a few weeks in.

Only problem with that is they'd have to make up vote counts to hide the twist, and that could be problematic.

Now, maybe there's some virtue in no longer telling the house the vote count at all. Eliminates the hinky vote frame-up strategy that has been popular of late, as well as the pressure to vote with the house if you're in the minority.

Hell, give the HoH a secret choice, where they can choose to push a button or something that will give them a prize but give the eviction power to America for that week, but they can't tell anyone else about it.