Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

it's rare that I think we need Yet Another Angry White Guy With A Beard in wrestling but jesus christ Eric Young looks like a pissed off cancer patient and not in a good way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

DJExile posted:

it's rare that I think we need Yet Another Angry White Guy With A Beard in wrestling but jesus christ Eric Young looks like a pissed off cancer patient and not in a good way

Impact just got away from beards everywhere!

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

DJExile posted:

Cancer would explain why he looks 13 years older than he actually is.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Isn't EY an ACTUAL cancer survivor? Its why his voice is like that, I think? He's had like a dozen throat surgeries.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Sep 16, 2020

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Isn't EY an ACTUAL cancer survivor? Its why his voice is like that, I think? He's had like a dozen throat surgeries.

Throat polyps

Young in 2017 posted:

Four months ago, I had surgery number 18 since 2004. Brian Pillman, actually, had the same thing. [Per Wiki: As a child, Pillman developed multiple throat polyps and underwent between thirty-one and thirty-six operations to tend to them, many before the age of three.] The easiest way [to explain it], it’s warts, basically, that grow on your vocal chords. And then, you have to have them removed. And then, they come back. I hid it from everyone. The only person that knew was Bobby Roode and he was the only one. And I was losing my voice and I went and they were like, ‘you have to have this surgery’ and I was like, ‘oh my God, how long am I out?’ and they were like, ‘just a day’. You go in [and] the surgery is only about 40 minutes, but it takes two hours for them to prep you and put you asleep.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

STAC Goat posted:

I don't think he's had cancer, but has had throat issues forever:

Eric Young posted:

“Four months ago, I had surgery number 18 since 2004. Brian Pillman, actually, had the same thing. The easiest way [to explain it], it’s warts, basically, that grow on your vocal chords. And then, you have to have them removed. And then, they come back. I hid it from everyone. The only person that knew was Bobby Roode and he was the only one. And I was losing my voice and I went and they were like, ‘you have to have this surgery’ and I was like, ‘oh my God, how long am I out?’ and they were like, ‘just a day’. You go in [and] the surgery is only about 40 minutes, but it takes two hours for them to prep you and put you asleep.”

https://tjrwrestling.net/wwe-eric-young-explains-voice-raspy-told-triple-h-joining-nxt/

Edit: Beat by a minute! :bahgawd:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ah, my bad.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

midge posted:

Cancer would explain why he looks 13 years older than he actually is.

More like Eric Not-so-Yo

Chris James 2 posted:

Throat polyps

oh. that is unfortunate

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

well drat now i feel bad for saying that

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1308566583036596224

I'm convinced. sign him

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

This is the silly poo poo that makes me love pro wrestling

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
holy poo poo Chuck Norris looks like a corpse

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It was his glistening chest hair that provided him with his life force.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Julio Cruz posted:

holy poo poo Chuck Norris looks like a corpse

what the hell was 80 year old chuck norris doing on TNA :psyduck:

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

DJExile posted:

what the hell was 80 year old chuck norris doing on TNA :psyduck:

He’s not on TNA, he’s on Cameo.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
is it legal to use Cameo videos for commercial purposes

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Rob Van Dam and Katie Forbes are no longer with the company. Eh.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me

Seth Rollins posted:

is it legal to use Cameo videos for commercial purposes

I believe so. They can always not do the video if they think the request is dishonest. I don't know what they thought they were reading for otherwise.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

lol at The Rock saying he'll induct Shamrock into the TNA hall of fame. I didn't even know there was one.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Hellblazer187 posted:

lol at The Rock saying he'll induct Shamrock into the TNA hall of fame. I didn't even know there was one.

The Impact Hall of Fame has been around since 2012.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

The TNA Hall of Fame is... hilarious, honestly.

2012 - Sting
2013 - Angle
2014 - Dudley Boys
2015 - Ain't He Great?
2015 - Earl Hebner
2016 - Gail Kim
2018 - Abyss
2020 - Shamrock

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Hebner's honestly the only silly one I see and I guess that's a matter of like business wide respect and relationships. Like, only you just scoff at the Hall of Fame idea, but whatever. CZW has a Hall of Fame. My high school had a Hall of Fame. If you exist long enough to have legacies you do it for alumni donations or whatever.

The problem is that all the "original"/generational talent they have all bolted for WWE or somewhere else. They got Abyss in on his way out the door which probably speaks to it being more of a thank you than anything. But dude was like an "original" and "grand slam champion and whatever. So I'm fine with him having a gold watch.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Wasn't there a story about a "Hardcore" Hall of Fame at the old "ECW Arena", which was made up of former Tri-State/ECW stars, that had banners hanging from the rafters? And that when CZW did a show there, Zandig had a banner with his name on it hoisted up, only for it to be taken down later since he wasn't officially inducted?

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Edward Mass posted:

The Impact Hall of Fame has been around since 2012.

As I said, lol.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Hebner's honestly the only silly one I see and I guess that's a matter of like business wide respect and relationships. Like, only you just scoff at the Hall of Fame idea, but whatever. CZW has a Hall of Fame. My high school had a Hall of Fame. If you exist long enough to have legacies you do it for alumni donations or whatever.

The problem is that all the "original"/generational talent they have all bolted for WWE or somewhere else. They got Abyss in on his way out the door which probably speaks to it being more of a thank you than anything. But dude was like an "original" and "grand slam champion and whatever. So I'm fine with him having a gold watch.

I scoff at it because Sting, The Dudleys, Earl, and Shamrock all very much made their names in other promotions. Gail and Abyss make sense and of course they're gonna put JJ in, but this is another bucket in the ocean of times TNA has pumped up outside talent compared to people that actually made their names in the promotion itself.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

DJExile posted:

I scoff at it because Sting, The Dudleys, Earl, and Shamrock all very much made their names in other promotions. Gail and Abyss make sense and of course they're gonna put JJ in, but this is another bucket in the ocean of times TNA has pumped up outside talent compared to people that actually made their names in the promotion itself.

I don't think you need to make your name there to be in the hall of fame. Shamrock was their first champion so that makes sense, and Sting was meant to be their big name signing who was going to bring them mainstream credibility. So, those two make sense to me – "outside" names who came in to better the company. The Dudleys and Earl added absolutely nothing.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

It’s funny on several levels: the notion of a hall of fame itself, a hall of fame for a company that has wasted away year to year into its current dirt-indie-putting-on-airs status, progressively stocked with people who didn’t draw while in the company, most of whom were never draws at any point. You can’t even call it a hall of infamy.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Live Talk'N Shop set for October 20th, after Impact airs.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yep. AXS announced Impact Week

Tuesday Oct 20:
8PM Eastern on AXS - new episode of Impact
10PM Eastern/after Impact airs on AXS - Talk'n Shop: Full Keg, the first live televised edition of Gallows and Anderson's podcast

Thursday Oct 22:
8PM Eastern on AXS - This Is Bound For Glory, a behind-the-scenes documentary (like the WWE Network's WWE24 series or UFC's Embedded vlogs) focusing on champs Eric Young and Deonna Purrazzo and challengers Rich Swann and Kylie Rae heading into the event

Saturday Oct 24:
6PM Eastern on AXS - encore airing of This Is Bound For Glory
7PM Eastern on AXS - Live Countdown to Bound For Glory, TNA's first hourlong live preshow for a PPV
8PM Eastern on PPV - Bound For Glory

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Sting, JJ, Angle and Abyss are genuinely important to TNA so they belong

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think you could make an argument that Bully Ray's TNA run was his personal peak. I dunno. Dudleyz were a big enough deal in TNA for a long time and in wrestling in general that that one doesn't seem odd to me at all.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I don't think a company wants to perceive itself as terrible.
"We would create a Hall of Fame but we are too ashamed of ourselves. Therefore we will instead go out of business and work at the local Kohl's instead"

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

No, they stay in business and send their workers to Sunglasses Hut

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

At the time of induction Kurt Angle had been in TNA longer than he had been in WWE.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Sting, JJ, Angle and Abyss are genuinely important to TNA so they belong

Gail Kim is up there as well imho.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
AJ Styles is the glaring omission, but I guess he has the TNA Mecca Pioneer Award or whatever it was called to make up for it.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Vagabundo posted:

AJ Styles is the glaring omission, but I guess he has the TNA Mecca Pioneer Award or whatever it was called to make up for it.

the bridge between AJ and TNA was torched and the ashes gleefully pissed on when he left. That said, there have been... christ like 3 or 4 management and ownership changes since then and I'm sure they could patch things up if they wanted, but I really wouldn't blame AJ for just wanting to keep that chapter closed altogether, even if/when he leaves WWE or retires or what have you.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
I think in interviews, Styles has said that the Good Brothers are trying to lure him back to Impact Wrestling, but he doesn't know how much longer he'll be wrestling.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He said this WWE contract he just signed is the last one he plans to sign for a company

Meanwhile Gallows and Anderson said this week they hope to retire in TNA (and New Japan now that the TNA deal lets them work there again if/when they can travel)

They wanted their friend to retire with them for one last ride but I doubt it happens, even if Styles changes his mind and wants one more contract. He keeps insisting he's comfortable aside from the Heyman situation, and traveling to Japan all the time would almost certainly be out of the question for him in his mid-40s with a big family in America

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I'm having trouble accepting a world where people are happier working for IMPACT for like 1/5th the money (spitballed. I don't actually know I just have to assume it isn't good) than being in WWE.
Just...loving a.