Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

it's rare that I think we need Yet Another Angry White Guy With A Beard in wrestling but jesus christ Eric Young looks like a pissed off cancer patient and not in a good way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

The Timeless Child is THE DOCTOR? Oh, for God's sake!

Top Cop

DJExile posted:

it's rare that I think we need Yet Another Angry White Guy With A Beard in wrestling but jesus christ Eric Young looks like a pissed off cancer patient and not in a good way

Impact just got away from beards everywhere!

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

DJExile posted:

Cancer would explain why he looks 13 years older than he actually is.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Isn't EY an ACTUAL cancer survivor? Its why his voice is like that, I think? He's had like a dozen throat surgeries.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Sep 16, 2020

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

plz remember that it was ~ME~ who told you that everything you like is actually really not good, because I knew all along.

STAC Goat posted:

Isn't EY an ACTUAL cancer survivor? Its why his voice is like that, I think? He's had like a dozen throat surgeries.

Throat polyps

Young in 2017 posted:

Four months ago, I had surgery number 18 since 2004. Brian Pillman, actually, had the same thing. [Per Wiki: As a child, Pillman developed multiple throat polyps and underwent between thirty-one and thirty-six operations to tend to them, many before the age of three.] The easiest way [to explain it], it’s warts, basically, that grow on your vocal chords. And then, you have to have them removed. And then, they come back. I hid it from everyone. The only person that knew was Bobby Roode and he was the only one. And I was losing my voice and I went and they were like, ‘you have to have this surgery’ and I was like, ‘oh my God, how long am I out?’ and they were like, ‘just a day’. You go in [and] the surgery is only about 40 minutes, but it takes two hours for them to prep you and put you asleep.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

STAC Goat posted:

I don't think he's had cancer, but has had throat issues forever:

Eric Young posted:

“Four months ago, I had surgery number 18 since 2004. Brian Pillman, actually, had the same thing. The easiest way [to explain it], it’s warts, basically, that grow on your vocal chords. And then, you have to have them removed. And then, they come back. I hid it from everyone. The only person that knew was Bobby Roode and he was the only one. And I was losing my voice and I went and they were like, ‘you have to have this surgery’ and I was like, ‘oh my God, how long am I out?’ and they were like, ‘just a day’. You go in [and] the surgery is only about 40 minutes, but it takes two hours for them to prep you and put you asleep.”

https://tjrwrestling.net/wwe-eric-y...-h-joining-nxt/

Edit: Beat by a minute!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ah, my bad.

oh but seriously I
Sep 26, 2019

Do you ever wonder if there are other planets out there
(source)

midge posted:

Cancer would explain why he looks 13 years older than he actually is.

More like Eric Not-so-Yo

Chris James 2 posted:

Throat polyps

oh. that is unfortunate

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

well drat now i feel bad for saying that

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

plz remember that it was ~ME~ who told you that everything you like is actually really not good, because I knew all along.

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING...566583036596224

I'm convinced. sign him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

This is the silly poo poo that makes me love pro wrestling