Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I wouldn't really be shocked if the actual tape is a bit longer and they just told them to go home at some point and edited it down to the half hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Endless Mike posted:

I wouldn't really be shocked if the actual tape is a bit longer and they just told them to go home at some point and edited it down to the half hour.

I can confirm lucha Underground did this with the Willie Mack vs. Johnny Mundo all night long match. I was at the taping.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Farewell, Wrestle House. It turned out the only way to escape purgatory/Chattanooga was with the power of friendship.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Lmao what

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I tuned in just in time for that, so I guess I'm gonna catch the replay to get context

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!
I was sad Wrestle House ended, but I liked how they re-appeared

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

It's hard to explain, but after Slammiversary a whole mess of the undercard were transported to Wrestle House, which is best described as Albert Camus writing a reality show, but with wrestlers and also it's a comedy. It turned out the only way they would be allowed to return was to get along with one another.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i liked wrestlehouse for what it was, even if it was completely bad. if only for the no way jose gag.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Edward Mass posted:

It's hard to explain, but after Slammiversary a whole mess of the undercard were transported to Wrestle House, which is best described as Albert Camus writing a reality show, but with wrestlers and also it's a comedy. It turned out the only way they would be allowed to return was to get along with one another.

No I understand and I love it!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I was under the impression Wrestle House was an elaborate wrestling horror rom com scheme from Rosemary to seduce that guy who hangs out with Taya.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

I was under the impression Wrestle House was an elaborate wrestling horror rom com scheme from Rosemary to seduce that guy who hangs out with Taya.

how do you feel wrestlehouse compares to the bb house? do you think kaysar could have been safe if he would have challenged enzo to a match?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Pshh. Like Kaysar would win a comp.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the ultimate big brother jabroni :(

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
I guess it should be pointed out that EY won the title.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

it felt like this was the direction for a while, i guess eddie was just meant to be transitional so young could beat a babyface for it. kind of weird but i mean its not like young is a bad wrestler so hopefully his matches are exciting. they have the roster to put on good matches.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm guessing it's mostly a gold watch for a guy who's been loyal to that company for years and got fuckall to do in WWE

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Also it gives Eddie reprieve from keeping the pace of the high amount of matches he was having since winning the belt. Weekly title defenses isn't a bad concept, but I don't think we need any more of that on national TV for a while

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
I'm guessing Willie Mack is going to be the one to face him at BfG, based on the whole 'injured his best friend' thing.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This Deaners vs XXXL match :lmao:

"It's a couch you idiot"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Per Fightful:

Eric Young has an exclusive 2-year contract
Deonna Purrazzo still hasn't been offered a contract

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!
Should probably offer even just an "X number of Appearances" contract to the woman holding the most important title in your company

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The Torch is reporting that Impact took about a 70K viewership hit against NXT.

quote:

Impact Wrestling took a big hit, drawing 102,000 last night, down from the typical rating lately. The prior eight weeks averaged 155,000 viewers. Last week drew a 171,000 rating, the second biggest number since Slammiversary remade the roster. The low since them was 134,000 four weeks ago.

https://www.pwtorch.com/site/2020/0...e-moved-nights/

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Ahh so the big trump fundraiser is now setting their sights on a fight they could possibly win? LMAO get hosed.

Jokes aside, that's quite a chunk that they've lost - is NXT on Tuesday next week as well? I'd be curious to see if the viewership stays that way.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

J-Ro posted:

Ahh so the big trump fundraiser is now setting their sights on a fight they could possibly win? LMAO get hosed.

Jokes aside, that's quite a chunk that they've lost - is NXT on Tuesday next week as well? I'd be curious to see if the viewership stays that way.

Yeah, for one more week.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I remember when ECW, during the 'we've clearly given up on this' era, would have to move to Impact's night occasionally and just smoke it.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Did it really? All I could find (doing a cursory search, mind you) was a news item on how TNA pulled it's usual 1.1 to ECW's 0.6 when the latter's first hour went head-to-head with Impact's second.

With what's happening over in the WWE in regards to the outside income crackdown, Impact's general attitude towards its talent side hustle activities might suddenly seem even more enticing to some. I realize it happened mostly because of Impact's financials in the last couple of years but still - roster members run twitch streams, PWTees stores or Patreons seemingly without any repercussions.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
OK, changing my prediction for the Bound for Glory main event: Rich Swann somehow manages to un-retire, then beats Eric Young.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1304156050518609926

Probably best known for:
https://twitter.com/johnblud/status/1284663548669497345'

RIP

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Aww. I loved that guy. I'm sad.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
That voice was great, R.I.P. to Barry Scott.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/TigerDriver9X/status/1304107746200031233?s=20

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

he's got to be a pretty loving good voiceover guy if he can say out loud "Vince fears Jeff Jarrett" without bursting into uncontrollable laughter

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

He was also in WWA, the proto-TNA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Fj5KFo2Bw8

If I feel like it later I'll go through the playlist of old WWA shows and find the promo where he says that he's gonna kill all the weeble wobblers in the company

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8T-KW7MAfPXpVIUG8ai5s7xsbMqpAfQL

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Sep 10, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Julio Cruz posted:

he's got to be a pretty loving good voiceover guy if he can say out loud "Vince fears Jeff Jarrett" without bursting into uncontrollable laughter

The truth is Vince fears everyone, whether they pose a threat or not.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/garrettkidney/status/1304425892396097536

One of the best triple-threats ever.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah i poo poo on TNA for plenty of things but that was an all-timer of a match.

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

Say what you will about TNA, there aren't a lot of other forms of entertainment that make you say "Aww, the masturbating dwarf died!"

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/SpyderNateWebb/status/1305359181126545409

well there's a name I haven't seen in forever

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i remember his 99 luftballoons entrance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1306246474162868226