Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I won't rest until the Earthbound 64 prototype makes it online somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Holy hell that's some cool poo poo

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Lips of Truth

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

There is way too much cool/interesting poo poo being found omg

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

This is some cool poo poo

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Black August posted:

My Holy Grail is the Secret of Mana CD game content, and more Link to the Past beta content

I'm still holding out hope that one day, maybe, somehow, a copy of the 70-80% build of Resident Evil 1.5 will finally leak

The 40% build is fascinating but I want to see all the other poo poo they got in right before they scrapped it entirely

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Chinook posted:

Instead of “on fire” it’s “on the juice, baby!” And they get all swollen

hahaha

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

online split-screen sounds funny as hell

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I was guilty of liking Glover back in the day so this is rad as hell :v:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

:stare: whoa

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/22368489/castlevania-resurrection-canceled-sega-dreamcast-prototype-leaked-found

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXzbJMFwmCc

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Superrodan posted:

Man, maybe I'm a prude or something, but this is not something I'd brag about more than be extremely ashamed to admit to.

lmao

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

I am doing whatever I can to turn the back of my house into an arcade but without going broke doing so. I recently added a Crusin USA cab (I think I got it in like September or something).

What does the cat typically play

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Dip Viscous posted:

Snoozin' USA

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

perhaps you might be thinking of Dangerous Dave in Copyright Infringement

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The Automator posted:

I got the normal super pad for my birthday one year and man it was garbage lol

pretty sure they were intentionally designed to have the Z button fail because the two pads we had, and one belonging to our friends, all had the z button break at around the same time after our endless Perfect Dark weekends

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

quote:

Gex Jr's voice lines reference a few TV Shows, Movies, and Game Shows. These voice lines reference Teletubbies, Blue's Clues, Star Wars, and Who Wants to Be a Millionaire.

So it has aged beautifully :v:

Did they get the same voice actor Jr. or is some California surfer dude type caricature?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I'm assuming that's a placeholder because man that's bad

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

ymgve posted:

I don't think you "get" Gex

lol good point

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Matt Mayhem and his sidekicks, Charlie Chaos and Victor Vicious

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Zamujasa posted:

this is the first image of this i've posted publicly and it's puggsy walking around with a big floppy dick

e: i can only wonder how in the hell i ended up here in life, posting turd shaped aliens carrying around big ol floppy dongs. christ

edit 2: butt pluggsy

lmao

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

aperfectcirclefan posted:

Would be much more interesting games if Link was a girl. As a non Zelda fan, those games give me extremely rapey and predatorial vibes with this child running around

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:wtf:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

*remembers the goon in the Duke Nukem Forever thread having an existential crisis because Duke got a blow job from another man during a dream sequence* lol

lmfao loving what

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Hahaha I'm dying

Cut Content & Beta Discoveries: Is Duke gay?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Holy poo poo SimCopter 64 :eyepop:, I used to love the PC version and I remember spotting the 64 port listed in an Ultra Game Players issue all about the 64DD and just assumed it never got anywhere

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I had the one voice clip from Sim Copter - Get moving you stupid idiots! - as a mainstay on my annoying rear end soundboard for Source games for years and I was always stoked when someone recognized it because it's hard not to laugh at that guy's voice

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Yeah, the HL2 beta is fascinating stuff, I think the only other thing I've been into on the same level is Resident Evil 1.5

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

:respek: there's something about the genuine annoyance and built-in echo from the megaphone that cracks me up every time

A few of the other ones were good like the riot control clips - Leave this area or you will all die! or something like that

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

What's interesting to note is that apparently there are at least a few people out there that genuinely have copies of the RE 1.5 build that is the fabled 60-80 percent complete version but they're sitting on it like assholes so we may never actually see it

The version we ended up with was far more incomplete (40 percent I believe is the estimate and what that version has been dubbed) but with a little patience with the debugging menu you can basically make it from beginning to end and see what Capcom's original plan was. Spoiler: it sucked!!!! Regardless, it's still incredibly interesting, to me at least, to see how a massive, multi-million dollar series could have cratered right out of the gate with such a lame sequel.

I remember reading how the company that produced the cutscenes for RE2 had already started work on the 1.5 versions by the time it was cancelled, and I was always curious if there are surviving animatics or storyboards buried somewhere

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

You can find the "vanilla" build, untouched by modding, on a few different sites IIRC, but I believe it can found in the Internet Archive here: https://archive.org/download/biohazard-1.5-playstation

It has a few of the patches/mods for it included separately, but I think it should be the zip labeled Nov 6, 1996 prototype

The mod that fixes things, adds in working rooms and certain weapons, fixes cutscenes and adds a few in, and recreates dialogue and such from leaked screenshots/notes/interviews/pure conjecture, can be found with a change log here: http://re123.bplaced.net/board/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=15

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Yeah it looked cool as hell back in the day before they bumped it up to a GameCube project

https://www.unseen64.net/2008/04/04/eternal-darkness-nintendo-64-unreleased/

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The real insult is that wack loving super shotgun

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The Kins posted:

I think the 3D model for the SSG actually survived into the final game! The sound got a much needed buff, though...

The model looks ok, the reloading animation and sound are weak as hell though

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

And yet still no Earthbound 64...... :(

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

You should be thinking about Super Punch Out all the time

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

worms butthole guy posted:

We never read Nintendo power as a kid we weren't dweebs. Tips and Tricks only.

:dafuq:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

Brutally destroy the hoarders

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Wait was that something people knew about, because I've never even heard of a kingdom hearts show :eyepop:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Definitely never expected to ever see this. The game.com was awful and the screen was pure garbage, but I'm surprised that this looks probably about as well as a SOTN port could ever look on it. I was imagining some even worse, DN3D "port" style screens and awkward movement instead of actual scrolling.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

It’s a joke it’s not on Switch.

This is how I feel about every game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

quote:

The game gained controversy when it was discovered that designer Jacques Servin inserted an Easter egg that generated shirtless men in Speedo trunks who hugged and kissed each other and appear in great numbers on certain dates, such as Friday the 13th. The egg was caught shortly after release and removed from future copies of the game. He cited his actions as a response to the intolerable working conditions he allegedly suffered at Maxis, particularly working 60-hour weeks and being denied time off. He also reported that he added the "studs", as he called them, after a heterosexual programmer programmed "bimbo" female characters into the game, and that he wanted to highlight the "implicit heterosexuality" of many games. Although he had initially planned for the characters to appear only occasionally, the random number generator he had created malfunctioned, leading them to appear frequently. Servin was fired as a result, with Maxis reporting that his dismissal was due only to his addition of unauthorized content. This caused a member of AIDS Coalition to Unleash Power (ACT UP), a gay AIDS organization, to call for a boycott of all of Maxis' products, a measure which Servin rejected. Some months later, a group named RTMark announced its existence and claimed responsibility for the Easter egg being inserted into the game, along with 16 other acts of "creative subversion." Servin stated that he had received a money order of $5,000 from RTMark for the prank. It was revealed later on that Servin was a cofounder of RTMark.