Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

BrainDance posted:

Doesn't this happen a lot in the arcade collecting community? Someone gets something undumped and they just lock it away in a basement because if they dump it the value might technically go down?

I'm trying to think of some examples of that but I only vaguely remember it happening, but I swear it's happened more than once.

I have this maybe biased conception of the arcade community being just awful. Every time I have to interact with mame devs it's like getting my wisdom teeth removed through the top of my skull with no anaesthetic so that might be why.

Edit: well I guess an example was literally right there in the posts above me.

the ‘arcade community’ is a lot of different things. the rhythm game people have their own private communities like sows where they share arcade machine images among other stuff. the people really into shmups have their own corners online and tend to be pretty nice and knowledgeable mostly. ‘collectors’ who care more about the value of what they have can suck poo poo tho yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Chev posted:

On the top left? No, that's Hikaru Shidou, from Magic Knight Rayearth, in one of her season 2 outfits.

they meant bottom right which is card captor Sakura for sure, but top left is definitely Hikaru yeah

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Wapeach concept art just dropped

https://fxtwitter.com/misterduby/status/1730576931169423486

https://mynintendonews.com/2023/12/01/concept-images-reveal-canned-mario-tennis-character-wapeach/

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

https://fxtwitter.com/pleeshelpme/status/1730672024605847676

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Vikar Jerome posted:

i remember wanting that ps1 bg port when i heard about it back in the day, i was waiting for it cos even tho i had bg1 on pc, the pc was downstairs in my parents living room and i barely got chance to play it and i wanted to sit on my bed with my ps1 and play it all day :allears: (tho maybe i was thinking of the dreamcast version? memory is getting hazy) saw that gameplay years later was even more bummed cos you can see how it was gonna be one of those ports that has lots of weird little console changes and i always love playing those. like even some areas look like their perspective is alerted slightly (candlekeep inn in that video) and the new character animations and design and music. got it on ps4 tho and that analog character control is fun but would have loved the ps1 version i think.

we def lost something when consoles became on par with pc, no more weird alternate history style ports of big pc games :negative:

the ps1 baldurs gate did get leaked in 2009, at least, and it can be completed, albeit with some bugs and missing some polish