Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SigENeaT
Sep 7, 2006

What's the consensus on converting a hard-tail MTB frame to be a custom (EXPENSIVE) gravel bike replacement?

I have a road bike, but it's boring... and my enduro ego needs me to be able to do kms on something that can handle unsealed trails. Been dreaming about getting a Canyon Grail because holy crap the value, but I don't want to wait 12months for industry supply to catch up if I can help it.

A mate of mine is a dealer for Banshee bikes and he put the idea in my head of building a Banshee Paradox (https://www.bansheebikes.com/paradox-v3) with road bike components including hydraulic disc brakes.

Disclaimer; I have a Banshee Titan and love the poo poo out of it so much that I have replaced almost every god damned part on it because I went with a full Shimano XT kit (full wheels, full drivetrain, full brakes) and it likes to fail catastrophically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SigENeaT
Sep 7, 2006

180cm
Rocking a large Titan as my daily driver.

I think my 2013 Specialized Allez is a medium. I wouldn't want it to be any smaller.

SigENeaT
Sep 7, 2006

What is the downside of having too much reach on a long distance rider? Is it more fatiguing on shoulders/core muscles or something?

... assuming IF i was to dodgy up a hard-tail, it would include drop bars.