Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I'm looking at my bike right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

This is my go-to bike/hike food https://bikepacking.com/plan/holy-moly-granoly-bars/

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Congrats on your free 1x conversion

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

If there was no broken skin/no blood then I think you're fine. Note: I am just some idiot on the internet

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Uhh okay I'm changing my vote to See a Doctor

I rode 75 miles today and learned that I do in fact need to know where I can get water at all times.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

e.pilot posted:

I was going to wait until this was a bit more finalized to post but it’s moving a bit faster than I expected and there’s a minimum order of 10 so trying to get as much interest as I can.

I’m putting together a stupid jersey, cost should be $25+ shipping. It’s through a china kit company called Racmmer I have a few jerseys from, they’re real nice even by normal jersey standards let alone chinakit.

I’ll put together a google form for sizes once the design is finalized and the order is ready to go, but I wanted to see if there was any interest now to get the ball rolling

e:
updated the design and moved the fake sponsors to the back:

also in

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

What percentage of my bicycle has to be carbon fiber before I'm allowed to go fast? What about my shoes? Is there a weight limit for the shoe itself?

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

:supaburn:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Terrible Taste

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

paperwind posted:

God bless America.

Worse than triathletes

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

:patriot:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Aero frames look like little plastic toys from the pasts vision of the future

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

e.pilot posted:

must suck being too slow to take advantage of an aero bike

Gives me more time to appreciate the ride :colbert:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I'm not sure which size chart to follow - the one on the ali page or the one on google doc?

code:
Size(cm)		S		M		L		XL		2XL		3XL	
Jersey Chest		98		102		108		112		116		120
google doc

HAIL eSATA-n fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Aug 12, 2020

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I signed up for a medium jersey since I'm in between sizes on both charts and this way I can at least get it on. If it's too big I'll just get fat :getin:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

yoohoo posted:

I have cleaned a helmet exactly zero times.

clean your helmet

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Texibus posted:

Need a recommendation on a bike for a man who wants to roll around Seattle casually for fitness. Wouldn't hate just some standard good bikes to look for secondhand, the budget is probably only around $500 bucks.

How tall are you? I have a 2015 Kona Rove near Seattle that needs sellin'
https://www.thebikelist.co.uk/kona/rove-al

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Texibus posted:

I'm 5'9 8/10th", just kidding I'm 5'9"

Sent you a PM

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I'm wearing way too much orange and look obnoxious today. It's time to ride bikes

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Today I have ridden bicycles. 63 miles and only two stops for beers.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

kimbo305 posted:

For my own education, does sealant that dries on rotors need to be cleaned off, or can the pads do it?

I'd clean anything that isn't rotor off rotors

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Oldsrocket_27 posted:

I've got this dumb idea that I should make my current commuter a permanent winter bike and get a fixie to gently caress around town and commute on in good weather. Send help.

I've done some research and I think you should make your current commuter a permanent winter bike and get a fixie to gently caress around town and commute on in good weather.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Hey I had to use studded tires for commuting in Seattle last year

for like two weeks

and probably never again

:sigh:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I fill my body with a conductive material containing co2 and alcohol and that makes the cables on my bicycle move

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I am riding my bicycle today. Tomorrow as well. I hope my brothers and sisters are also riding their bicycles this weekend.

Here's a photo to inspire you while I wait for the train.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

https://www.airnow.gov/aqi/aqi-basics/

If it's orange or worse I don't ride unless I'm commuting/trying to be somewhere

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Delta-Wye posted:

Thanks for the link, I'll compare how my setup looks to those images tonight. I'm torn between wanting the shop to unfuck it ('cause $$) and using this as an opportunity to get to know adjustments/maintenance on my new wheels. Assuming that derailleur adjustments can dial it out, those instructions are all super easy to follow at least.

It's a great idea to learn how to fix the basics like this yourself since a shop is usually going to hold your bike for days before they can even look at it.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Korwen posted:

I finally made a decision and put a deposit on a Kona Rove DL!

Now I just have to wait 5-10 weeks for it to arrive :(

It's a good bike, Brent

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Arson Daily posted:

Can anyone tell me about going tubeless? Can you adapt any wheel to it or do they have to be some kind of tubeless rim?

You should have a tubeless wheel with a tubeless tire. It's possible to set tubeless up without either, but it's not safe or recommended.

https://guides.wiggle.co.uk/how-convert-your-wheels-tubeless

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Kona rove

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

You have to get the one with the best paint, so which is it?

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Andy Dufresne posted:

This might be a weird thread to ask in, but it's tangentially cycling related.

My Favero pedals arrived today from Italy. I paid in euros and no taxes were collected. The value of the pedals was clear on the packaging but apparently they didn't get caught up at customs. Was I supposed to pay an import duty?

Probably, but it's 2020 and laws aren't real

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Yeah that's basically it

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Tori, if your bikes work then upgrading them isn't going to do anything for you. If you think riding 1mph faster will make you happy then go for it but none of the upgrades matter. 105 is great, alu is great. Get some new tires and replace the chain if it's worn.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I want to ride but the air is poison, again. I can't wait to see what delights 2021 has to offer!

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

resident posted:

Is being good at taping bars an innate skill? I've somehow always been happy with my tape jobs. I'm also really into bondage.

My bar tape is bulgy and gross but so am I

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I really need to start enjoying long rides in the dark/cold/rain because the PNW only has two seasons now and one entails toxic smoke.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

First time getting on my bike in a month and I did 47 miles in just over 3 hours. My thighs are covered in icy hot and I don't care who knows it

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

The pretty one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Ordered an air compressor, thanks for saving me the embarrassment of halfassing a new tire and getting confused thread

Look up how to do a tubeless install before you get into it. It can be a nightmare depending on the rim/tire.

Shaping the tire by installing it with a tube, as mentioned, helps. I do that then remove one side of the bead, remove the tube while keeping the set bead in, and then get the other side worked back in. Spray some soapy water on and pump like hell and hopefully you'll get some bubbles and a satisfying pop. Then go for a short ride around your house to get the sealant working on any tiny gaps.